New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Before anyone creams themselves over MO'N, I suggest they read this...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/10/2063739/aston-villa-players-celebrate-martin-oneills-exit-by-texting

Puts things a little bit more into perspective and I am not so sure he would be good for the team at this moment in time particularly.

Oh wow, that certainly woke me up. How silly of me to want Marftin O'Neill to manage my club.

1. There is no new management team lined up - this is Southampton Football Club remember we don't anything easily or correctly.

2. Quite clearly absolutely no one on here has any idea why Alan Partridge was sacked. Mind you I have missed the my sisters, lovers, dog-handlers best mate and the steward that has to have all business decisions ratified by him, or the deliveryman who waits outside offices to overhear business conversations or SFC executives who discuss confidental information in the queue at Sainsbury - oh where have they been this season?

3. We are all obviously supporting the wrong team and are being punished by the god of football - I call him 'Kickamungus the Mighty' - and we are actually living in some grotesque version of hell that goes on ad infinitum.

Well if Martin O'Neill is not good for us, then I really am lost.

TBF it's not my article and I was not suggesting I would not want him here. He is a good manager, but is he the RIGHT manager?

The key though is what you mean by "US". If that means the fans, then yes he's the right choice because he's a big name (but that doesn't guarantee mid to long-term success at Saints). If you mean the club as whole then perhaps there's a question to be asked - i.e. would he be right for NC and also the players or would it be another crash waiting to happen, thus not providing the stability that this club desperately needs?

HELLO THERE, T'BE SURE

105oneil_468x465.jpg

DATS da fella who's tuppin yer missus, mr fontee, dat fella dare! y'see im? der one wiv de grey herr, to be surre? pahjew. now den. can i be havin his job now mr cortissier? can oi? it'll be good craic. and we'll be winnin de league in no toime.

Before anyone creams themselves over MO'N, I suggest they read this...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/10/2063739/aston-villa-players-celebrate-martin-oneills-exit-by-texting

Puts things a little bit more into perspective and I am not so sure he would be good for the team at this moment in time particularly.

I would suggest the `group of players' mentioned possibly consisted of the likes of Zak Knight and Nigel Reo Coker who couldn't get a game for love nor money whilst he was there.

We are art the moment, a very ordinary DIVISION ONE "Club", currently in disarray, and run by ONE man, whoose word on ANY subject, is LAW

Under those circumstances, who the hell do you think we are likely to "attract"

IMHO, not anyone of any calibre, or anyone who would be his own man

Forget any Manager of Prem or CCC calibre, they will not want to come to a Dictatorship

If only people would realise it, Cortese, the Businessman, is running everything purely as a Business, but Football still is MORE than a Business. It has Supporters, who are flesh and blood.

In a very short space of time, Cortese has taken away the Human element, and destroyed all the Goodwill Feeling that was built up whilst Markus was around

The dark days are back I fear, starting with the appointment of a Useless Yes Man Coach (Managers are yesterdays news)

We are art the moment, a very ordinary DIVISION ONE "Club", currently in disarray, and run by ONE man, whoose word on ANY subject, is LAW

Forget any Manager of Prem or CCC calibre, they will not want to come to a Dictatorship

If only people would realise it, Cortese, the Businessman, is running everything purely as a Business, but Football still is MORE than a Business. It has Supporters, who are flesh and blood.

In a very short space of time, Cortese has taken away the Human element, and destroyed all the Goodwill Feeling that was built up whilst Markus was around

The dark days are back I fear, starting with the appointment of a Useless Yes Man Coach (Managers are yesterdays news)

Bedwetter Alert ! Forchrissakes NC is carrying out Liebherrs wishes ! I swear to god god some of our less perceptive supporters subconciously miss the Rupert Lowe days when they had a pantomine villian they could blame everything on. Not everything is black and white in life you know............

Aldershot manager said on solent who ever is in the frame for the job would have to think twice about taking over after the way AP was treated, there is a lot of speculation about the reason NC got rid, don't think we will ever get the truth.

OMG the Aldershot manager(whoever he is ) said that ? We can forget about Martin O'Neill now................

No we aren't. A very ordinary L1 club wouldn't be favourites, attract the likes of Fonte, keep the likes of Lambert, Lallana, Schneiderlin, have such a new stadium, no debt and plenty of money behind them. In L1 levels we're well above the other clubs. Not that that should guarantee us success of course.

Look at it another way. Yes we have the players, currently not being utilised to their potential, Yes we have a Stadia, no debt etc etc.

What we don't have is a decent Manager/Coach to bring out the best in the Squad, and now we are faced with yet MORE upheavel before a new person is blended in, and that is assuming that the person Cortese "gets", can galvanise the Squad into action

I do not think the "New" person will do anything out of the ordinary, and ordinary is how I would describe us at the moment

Any Manager leaving any Club is about the most disruptive thing that can happen, and not often to the good of results on the pitch. Even Cortese has alluded to that

How he can still think that his wonderful Five Year Plan is still achievable beggars belief IMHO

He thinks a TEam is like a Machine, that can have oil added to improve performance. Well it isn't. It consists of Humans

Edited by SaintRichmond
missed line

though Hart seems to be a completely sideways step now and quite possibly backwards, I was in favour of him taking over last year. However I think we have moved on and his career has been set back a bit. In light of this and with a desire to stay with an English manager, I am now keen on Kevin Blackwell. HCDAJFU. I can see him getting us back into the Prem, whether he'd be up to the job there, I don't know but by then we'd be a much better proposition for a bigger name though who's to say he couldn't do a Pulis?

Then again, there's always Curbs

Oh I don't know

Edited by theyin
on second thoughts

God, "you're" a WEIRDO.

Edited by benjii

Look at it another way. Yes we have the players, currently not being utilised to their potential, Yes we have a Stadia, no debt etc etc.

What we don't have is a decent Manager/Coach to bring out the best in the Squad, and now we are faced with yet MORE upheavel before a new person is blended in, and that is assuming that the person Cortese "gets", can galvanise the Squad into action

I do not think the "New" person will do anything out of the ordinary, and ordinary is how I would describe us at the moment

Any Manager leaving any Club is about the most disruptive thing that can happen, and not often to the good of results on the pitch. Even Cortese has alluded to that

How he can still think that his wonderful Five Year Plan is still achievable beggars belief IMHO

Because we are only a year and 3 games into the 5 year plan I would imagine. There is still 3 years and 43 games to go.

Edited by saintmonkey1979
Numbers are my enemy

Bedwetter Alert ! Forchrissakes NC is carrying out Liebherrs wishes ! I swear to god god some of our less perceptive supporters subconciously miss the Rupert Lowe days when they had a pantomine villian they could blame everything on. Not everything is black and white in life you know............

Agreed, and not everything is Red and White

If you and others were to just step back and view things from afar, ie Aldershot Manager, then perhaps you could see things that do go on

Got no idea why everyone's cacking themselves so much.

Any half competent manager could get our squad promoted. There will probably be further strengthening, either through loans or in January, as well.

Will Brown, Southgate, Zola, Mowbray, Blackwell, Howe, even Hart have us marching into the Champions League in three years? Nah. Could they all get us out of the third division? Probably.

Because we are only a year and 3 games into the 5 year plan I would imagine. There is still 3 years and 43 games to go.

And we are still in the same position that we were at the start of the Five Years, ie Aiming to get out of the THIRD LEVEL of UK Football

At best, it is now a 3 Year and 43 game Plan

Aldershot manager said on solent who ever is in the frame for the job would have to think twice about taking over after the way AP was treated, there is a lot of speculation about the reason NC got rid, don't think we will ever get the truth.

Isn't that Kevin Dillon - former Skate?!!! 'Nuf said....

Got no idea why everyone's cacking themselves so much.

Any half competent manager could get our squad promoted. There will probably be further strengthening, either through loans or in January, as well.

Will Brown, Southgate, Zola, Mowbray, Blackwell, Howe, even Hart have us marching into the Champions League in three years? Nah. Could they all get us out of the third division? Probably.

You may regret saying that my friend. I don't think many "competant" Managers/Coaches are going to risk coming to St Mary's under Cortese's doctrine

Cortese will of course appoint someone, but I'll bet you now, it won't be a popular choice

Many on here still live in the clouds. We will NOT attract either Prem or CCC Quality Managers

We are DIVISION THREE, with a Stadium and no debt

But have we Harmony at the Top, and does the Top share Harmony with it's Customers ??

No way

You may regret saying that my friend. I don't think many "competant" Managers/Coaches are going to risk coming to St Mary's under Cortese's doctrine

Cortese will of course appoint someone, but I'll bet you now, it won't be a popular choice

Many on here still live in the clouds. We will NOT attract either Prem or CCC Quality Managers

We are DIVISION THREE, with a Stadium and no debt

But have we Harmony at the Top, and does the Top share Harmony with it's Customers ??

No way

You are a curious person.

How can you say we won't atract Prem or CCC quality managers when one of those has already gone on the record quite explicitly about wanting to be considered for the job?

How can you say we won't atract Prem or CCC quality managers when one of those has already gone on the record quite explicitly about wanting to be considered for the job?

Phil Brown ?? OK, my error on that one, but I think most people would have understood the underlying meaning

An able Businessman would not have sacked his team Manager at this time. He would have sacked him at the end of last season to give the new man time to be selected and build the squad ahead of this season. An able Businessman would also communicate better with customers and not alienate them in the ways that Cortese has done. Cortese is not an able Businessman, he has a background in banking which is about investing in businesses run by able Businessmen. Cortese picked the right business to invest Marcus's money in but made the mistake of thinking that made him the right person to run it.

To save me trawling through the thread, can you let me know who wants to be considered?

Is there a guessed shortlist yet?

From the rumours of how Pards got the boot it sounds like NC is not going out looking for a new manager but rather going over those that come to him saying they are interested. I doubt very many of those asking for a job are already in a management job so is there a list of out of work managers that could be on that list?

Very nervous how Harts name keeps being linked even now, surely NC would not be that foolish....................................... would he?

As Benjii said "any half competant manager can get us promoted"

Who do you expect ?? Sir Alex, Arsene, Hodgson ???

Take Heart from Hart, He's a proven Top Level Manager

Who is currently out of work

Three million unemployed would say they fancy the job if geiven a chance

Cortese only has CHOICES from people who are AVAILABLE

And the ones that are available are normally proven FAILURES

And we are still in the same position that we were at the start of the Five Years, ie Aiming to get out of the THIRD LEVEL of UK Football

At best, it is now a 3 Year and 43 game Plan

I think we are about 11pts better off than this time last year.