New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Cortese is a great friend and I know for sure is contact between the two parties

I wouldn't be surprised if Cortese is consulting with him, taking advice. He might even be lining him up as some kind of DoF to guide a young and relatively inexperienced Head Coach like Adkins. Both of those would be very good moves. No way would he be the main man though imo.

If NC is truly serious about taking his time to find the right man' date=' how would we feel about Wilkins being in the job for the season and re-evaluating his performance and the situation re: other managers availability, at the end of the season...?[/quote']

I thought Hammonds comments about him being decent could be sewing the seeds for him to stay longer. It fits in with Cortese's desire for continuity. If the players and people at the club are happy with him and he starts getting results then why not. He knows the players and the league. Its all about the respect he gets from those that matter and the results on the back of that. If we win tomorrow I would keep him on for a short while to see.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cortese is consulting with him, taking advice. He might even be lining him up as some kind of DoF to guide a young and relatively inexperienced Head Coach like Adkins. Both of those would be very good moves. No way would he be the main man though imo.

Arrigo Sacchi as DoF would be awesome. Just because he's famous n'that and it reminds me of Italia 90 (even though that was nothing to do with hmi).

I thought Hammonds comments about him being decent could be sewing the seeds for him to stay longer. It fits in with Cortese's desire for continuity. If the players and people at the club are happy with him and he starts getting results then why not. He knows the players and the league. Its all about the respect he gets from those that matter and the results on the back of that. If we win tomorrow I would keep him on for a short while to see.

0-3 at home to Swindon in his first match is hardly a ringing endorsement of his ability.

Has not worked for 5 years and has been a failed shoe salesman FFS.Could be just the man!

Sacchi never played football professionally, and before becoming a coach he was a shoe salesman. This lead to his famous quote to the ones that questioned his qualifications: "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first"

Sacchi never played football professionally, and before becoming a coach he was a shoe salesman. This lead to his famous quote to the ones that questioned his qualifications: "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first"

Do you think he will do the business then trousers?

If NC is truly serious about taking his time to find the right man' date=' how would we feel about Wilkins being in the job for the season and re-evaluating his performance and the situation re: other managers availability, at the end of the season...?[/quote']

I think NC is truly serious about being promoted this season, without fail. Not sure that equates with bimbling along for the season with Wilkins in charge.

If Cortese thinks Wilkins is the man then give him the job, but we are not in the world of "let's see how we go".

Well if he's unclear on that obvious necessity then he's not the man for us.

yours,

Mr Ed.

I am hoping purely for the Keegan moment all over again.....and no I don't mean I want Keegan as manager lol!!!!!!!

Keegan as manager I really don't think would be too bad. Pretty sure he'd get us out of the division this season with no bother. Not sure longer term, but would be an instant lift.

Im please that NC is taking his time to appoint the right manager. If he is with a current club then there will be the necessary negotiation with that club. Howe and tisadle would heve been released immediatley so it is neither of them I firmly belive it is someone with pedegree. So I am quite content to await for the official announcement

How many strikers do we have available tomorrow could ging gang guly play up front

Im please that NC is taking his time to appoint the right manager. If he is with a current club then there will be the necessary negotiation with that club. Howe and tisadle would heve been released immediatley so it is neither of them I firmly belive it is someone with pedegree. So I am quite content to await for the official announcement

Indeed. The longer the announcement takes the more high profile the candidate will be (IMHO).

That said, I've been wrong once already this year so can't rule it out again....

Sacchi as manager or as DOF...seems pretty unlikely to me, but then again you never know. One little point to make about Foreign managers, or any manager for that matter - It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if they have 'League 1 experience'! What matters is that they have tactical awareness, more than just Plan A and can motivate the players. Obviously we would like teh team to play attractive football, but IMHO this season we can play like the old Wimbledon team as long as we go up!

Seriously guys we should be able to beat Rochdale without any major problems, then we have another week before our next game. By then we could have our new manager in place.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Yes, I think it likely that there will be a press conference at some point in the future at St. Mary's.

But it is categorically untrue that one has been called for 10am on Monday.

How can you find this out? Phone the Southampton FC press office...

Me: Hello, I'm phoning to ask if a press conference has been called for 10am on Monday?

Press officer: No, we haven't convened a press conference at all

Me: Are you certain?

Press officer: Yes

Me: Thank you

Press officer: No problem

I'm still amazed that some people seem to think press conferences are convened in secret. That would be a truly bizarre extension of our media blackout policy...

Edited by SaintBobby

I'm still amazed that some people seem to think press conferences are convened in secret. That would be a truly bizarre extension of our media blackout policy...

It's because they are not convened in secret that allows people to know about them before details has been issued to the press, hence the possibility of someone knowing and texting their mate before it has officially been announced.

Keegan as manager I really don't think would be too bad. Pretty sure he'd get us out of the division this season with no bother. Not sure longer term, but would be an instant lift.

I'd be happy with King Kev in charge.

As long as we employed around 10 defensive coaches.

After the statement from Dean Hammond that the players had nothing to do with the removal of AP and the other 2 coaches, what is the delay in making the appointment? The 2 coaches should have been left in place to at least ensure that the training was thorough.

Pardew appointed them. If your mate was sacked and you knew you'd be gone when the new man came in, wouldn't you leave too?

I agree with Victor, the last thing to do is walk without compensation and even then the best move is wait until I had another job to walk to. There are a lot of unemployed football coaches around, probably a higher ratio than most professions. Sacking the other 2 makes no sense. But then I am looking for how a professional manager would act and forget that Cortese is not that.