New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Here we go again, the mysterious Premiership manager is Mark Hughes... I know this as fact and when he turns up on Thursday, I'll answer all your questions. Until then I am bound by the Chatham House rules of Confidentiality.

Ohh FFS that was LAST season's shock sacking of AP plan

Attracting in a big name Manager would require Les Reed to cede power and Cortese to keep out of team matters. Having fired Pardew over these issues why would they do a 180 turn on such matters?

Unless the pressure from supporters becomes far more intense.

Attracting in a big name Manager would require Les Reed to cede power and Cortese to keep out of team matters. Having fired Pardew over these issues why would they do a 180 turn on such matters?

A marquee signing?

who is les read?? I though the reference to sir les was sir les patterson!! would fit with our club nicely

The difference between the two les's is that one is the representative who swears, spills his food down his shirt and cra*ps everywhere embarrassing his organisation and the other is Barry Humphries.

Link to those facts please?

Or are you listening to all the rumour adding your own twist and relaying it as fact? Of course you're not!!!

The difference between the two les's is that one is the representative who swears, spills his food down his shirt and cra*ps everywhere embarrassing his organisation and the other is Barry Humphries.

Sounds like Sturrock to me.....

To Assume makes an ass out of u and me.

I wonder how much of our speculation could come from the wrong assumptions.

A lot of the Les Reed/NC way or else drives the assumptions it will be a yes-man type appointment.

But for all we know something really bad and needing a "summary dismissal" may well have gone on, It is damn annoying NOT knowing, and with current legal rules I'd reckon it is a pretty safe bet that IF that had happened we'd never get to know as Ambulance chasers could be all over the place. Sounds like a NoTW job is needed.

So. Taking a different assumption which is that NC is actually sane, then MON is the only choice out there IF he is really serious about the club moving fowards.

Interesting day or so more stories to no doubt dribble around the PM world

Apparently every member of staff at Saints has had to be re interviewed for their job, I think Cortese is starting from scratch and making sure everyone that is already here knows exactly what they're doing and that they're good at it. Could be a few more comings and goings if people aren't pulling their weight.

But for all we know something really bad and needing a "summary dismissal" may well have gone on, /QUOTE]

to the more cerebral amongst us it is obvious that this is the case, if you want to get rid of the manager well that's easy, lack of results ,fixed term contract paid up etc, but to dump your manager,coach and goalkeeping coach in one fell sweep and keep just the manager's assistant well that needs a serious cause other than 'lack of progress'.The clues are all there,you just need to interpret them correctly.It's nothing to do with results otherwise we'd have heard from the league manager's association by now.

New Manager to be TONY MEOLA?

A local businessman confirmed to me this morning that Cortese met with Meola’s agent at the Chalk Lane Hotel in Epsom yesterday. Meola now lives in Guernsey and from what I understand would be the perfect fit for the job. I had not heard Meola’s name linked with the job before, however read into it what you like but a local bookmaker has Meola as 6/4 hot favourite for the job.

A local businessman confirmed to me this morning that Cortese met with Meola’s agent at the Chalk Lane Hotel in Epsom yesterday. Meola now lives in Guernsey and from what I understand would be the perfect fit for the job. I had not heard Meola’s name linked with the job before, however read into it what you like but a local bookmaker has Meola as 6/4 hot favourite for the job.

has he actually managed a team before?? sounds like whatever bookies have received bets on him are making some very easy money, you don't work for them do you???

I don't think so

Apparently every member of staff at Saints has had to be re interviewed for their job, I think Cortese is starting from scratch and making sure everyone that is already here knows exactly what they're doing and that they're good at it. Could be a few more comings and goings if people aren't pulling their weight.

I can't see that is true -they would have had to start the consultancy process for redundancy if that is the case and I'm sure someone would have noticed this before.

Wikipedia says "Meola is now coaching his son's U12 soccer club in Toms River, NJ."

Sounds just what we need....

First post. Haven't laughed so much in ages. You take some kind of award - not sure what but wouldn't be good.

I imagine NC has met with very many agents, and probably a few actual candidates by now. Don't think I'll be putting a bet on him.

K.

Heard that a couple of ex-players are interested in the job.

everybody is interested in the job............and so they should be, a chance to manage god's own club ,waiting for Nicola to call myself, mind you he'll have to be quick got to go to the shops soon, still the wife did say someone from SFC called the other day, never did find out what they wanted, so if you're reading that person (who spoke to a lady with a very poor command of the english language the other day) I'm waiting for your call, nb Nicola her italien isn't bad.