New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

there should be a law against bookies profiting from people's idiocy,betting on WGS, kenna,MLT and all that sort of candidate is just gifting them money. If it's burning a hole in your pocket give it to Unicef or something FFS.

WGS is not idiocy. Hes managed here before, popular here, hes uncomfortable at Middlesboro, lives locally, presumably attractive to Cortese given his history of managing Saints in prem - hes at 50-1 whilst MON is evens. um I wonder which the better bet is.

Edited by buctootim

Jeff Kenna's odds have come right in... WTF!!!

I am sure the bookies just shorten the odd's just so punters put money on. they are probably watching this site and laughing while the money roles in, and Saints hire a managr that is not even on the list! lol

WGS is not idiocy. Hes managed here before, popular here, hes uncomfortable at Middlesboro, lives locally - hes at 50-1 whilst MON is evens. um I wonder which the better bet is.

Again if Martin O Neil is our new manager then that bet would the better bet, but if WGS gets in then that would be the better bet. Does not mater what the odd's are it has to come in!

Phil Brown is still short odds with VC:

Phil Brown 5/4

Nigel Adkins 2/1

Gianfranco Zola 6/1

Eddie Howe 8/1

Tony Mowbray 10/1

Martin O'Neill 10/1

Alan Shearer 12/1

Gareth Southgate 12/1

Glenn Hoddle 12/1

Rolf Fringer 12/1

Jeff Kenna 12/1

Paul Buckle 14/1

Ian Dowie 14/1

Jim Magilton 14/1

Paul Hart 16/1

Kevin Blackwell 16/1

Chris Coleman 16/1

Paul Jewell 16/1

Steve Clarke 16/1

Dennis Wise 16/1

Paul Ince 20/1

Gary Megson 20/1

Micky Adams 22/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 25/1

Dean Wikins 25/1

Steve Coppell 25/1

Kevin Keegan 25/1

Chris Wilder 25/1

Alan Knill 28/1

Jim Gannon 28/1

Alan Curbishley 33/1

Paul Tisdale 33/1

Dan Petrescu 40/1

Carlton Palmer 66/1

Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

Odds From VCbet

I'm currently stationed at a leading football magazine. (Sorry to add to the list of people who are supposedly ITK, but I am genuinely here).

From what we can gather, it's down to two names, Adkins being the first choice.

I've only got two posts left today as I don't have a full membership to the forum, so I'll use them wisely. There is doubt over the announcement being made today, I have been informed.

interesting couple of tweets....

@JamesMawFFT :Alan Shearer or Nigel Adkins for the Southampton job. You heard it here first (unless you heard it somewhere else) (via @KitCox)

@FootballAgent46: @JamesMawFFT you're half right on the final two.

so the selection is down to two and one of the two is either Shearer or Adkins?

Well I don't reckon it's Shearer

interesting couple of tweets....

@JamesMawFFT :Alan Shearer or Nigel Adkins for the Southampton job. You heard it here first (unless you heard it somewhere else) (via @KitCox)

@FootballAgent46: @JamesMawFFT you're half right on the final two.

so the selection is down to two and one of the two is either Shearer or Adkins?

Saw that. Cant think of any way on earth NC would prefer Shearer to Adkins, hopefully. So between Adkins and someone else - possibly WGS imo.

Was messing around with Wikipedia last night..... interesting read!!!

46918_461655883827_680873827_6301116_6200846_n.jpg

That is very interesting, clearly MON is lightyears ahead of the rest because his wins were (mostly) at a higher level, Howe is relatively new so not many games. Mowbray comes high up the list and I'm surprised he is not being widely discussed. He got WBA up playing some sublime footie the other year and is currently out of work. Looks the best of the 'realistic' candidates for me.

That is very interesting, clearly MON is lightyears ahead of the rest because his wins were (mostly) at a higher level, Howe is relatively new so not many games. Mowbray comes high up the list and I'm surprised he is not being widely discussed. He got WBA up playing some sublime footie the other year and is currently out of work. Looks the best of the 'realistic' candidates for me.

MON is ahead of all the others because he was Celtic manager and there are only 2 teams in the country.

Still a good manager though.

Is there a bookies in Southampton taking bets on this?

Every one I have been to are not betting on it, would appear to be online only.

Markets like this one are almost always online only now because the bookies can control the price far easier and not get caught out by loads of people putting the same smallish bet on at the dame time at lots if different shops!!