New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Le Tissier just been on Talksport, said he wouldn't recommend the Job of Southampton manager to anyone because of the chairman! Great player, and all that but these sort of comments don't help.

We've been here before. I would rather Le Tiss said nothing. Unfortunately, he likes getting paid for interviews. Like you say, comments like these don't help the club, just like failed takeovers because you don't have a pot to **** in don't.

I've been told there was an interview in Nth Hants this am and Cortese is now back at SMS. The thought is that things are moving. After getting permission to speak to Adkins last night it could possibly have been him. If reports of the press hanging around at SMS are true they may have a lead.

North Hants! Who's the manager of Basingstoke Town?

Mind you, personally I think I'm going for this Victor Chandler fella. All the smart money seems to be going to him.

Le Tissier just been on Talksport, said he wouldn't recommend the Job of Southampton manager to anyone because of the chairman! Great player, and all that but these sort of comments don't help.
that is very sad if he is starting to slate the club. it would be best if he kept a dignified silence, especially after the betting scandal is in full swing at present

If its to be someone who knows what they are doing in getting out of Division One Adkins is the outstanding candidate.

He may even be good enough for the CC - but if you want the outstanding guy for the CC its probably Billy Davies.

If you want someone to stay in the Premiership and punch above your weight then probably Allardyce is your man.

If you want to get into europe without going too mental then MON is the guy.

Right now NC need only concern himself with number one. And thats what i think he will choose. And he'd be right to as well. Its not as sexy as Keegan or MON but Adkins gurantees promotion much more than the glamour names, as counterintuitive as it seems.

I wouldnt get a ferrari to do my weekly sainsburys shop even if i thought i might need it for a drive in a few years time. If i got a problem with my plumbing i call the best local plumber - not the guy who fixes the hoover dam. If i needed to drill a hole in a piece of wood i wouldnt use a mont blanc pen with 24ct gold nib, id use a black and decker.If i wanted to show that i know my football id pick the manager most likely to get me the title " div 1 champions 2010" on our honours board. I think that will be Adkins.

You must like that post because I've seen it before. What about managers who have achieved at all levels of the game (Keegan, O'Neill). That way you wouldn't have to change managers everytime you get promoted.

Crap analogy.

He sounds like someone good at exams.

Brian Clough once got his league medals out to young Nigel and said "There you are, their's my A levels".

I think Alex Ferguson might have a City and Guilds in welding.

Can imagine NC is the type to be impressed by new-fangled qualifications and management fads.

OK enuff already, the Geezer that I bring Duty Free smokes back for when I need a lift to the airport or a ticket for the game.

He has one of them nice posh 8 seat motor thingys.

Always runs me around in his beaten up old Corsa. Anyway he was in the big beast and took time to drive past

ohhhh i forgot about him, damnation

He sure did put the boot in didn't he?

starting to go off the idea of o neil as manager now, hes a great manager and all that but wed always be worrying that he would move on as soon as a liverpool man city job became available. his appointment may be too much too soon for us.

im warming a bit to phil brown especially over adkins. brown did a great job at hull and his promotion to the prem and staying there is more than adkins has achieved.

i still hope for one of sven. hoddle or leonardo that would be the the best outcome imo

that's the sort of attitude that would see you screwing fat chicks for the rest of ya life...

That's really not helping, it's still a good job. How much does he know about the chairman? Suppose Dodd would tell him so perhaps he does know what's going on. Worrying anyway.

I'm sure he knows more about the Chairman than any one poster on here despite what the ITKers would have you believe. I don't agree with him going public on this but at the same time it would be foolhardy not to atleast listen to what he has to say. There is a significant ground swell against NC right now and there must be some substance behind it. Personally I find it a worrying time for the Club.

Adkins - Sports psychology diploma, business and finance degree, UEFA coaching badges, taken the applied management in professional football course at Warwick Business School, A qualified physiotherapist. Took Bangor to qualifying stages of the Champions League, two promotions and kept S****horpe in the hampionship on an average gate of 6383, 14559 less than we had never mind all our other financial assets.

He sounds like an outstanding manager and he's 45 not a young manager like Eddie Howe and has shown his loyalty by staying 14 years at S****horpe to date.

So glad you are happy now derry.....Thought Pards was going to do for you..

Talking of certificates etc....Not as many as Sir Less...But then to some he is God..

Let us pray for the right decision.........

Up the Saints....

I'm sure he knows more about the Chairman than any one poster on here despite what the ITKers would have you believe. I don't agree with him going public on this but at the same time it would be foolhardy not to atleast listen to what he has to say. There is a significant ground swell against NC right now and there must be some substance behind it. Personally I find it a worrying time for the Club.

I don't think he knows anything about whats going on at the club, he may heard things through other people or things throught the media who also know bugger all whats going on at the club. It was the same with Mark Dennis on the radio the other day, ex-pros like to think they know is going on but know nothing, just rumour & conjection.

starting to go off the idea of o neil as manager now, hes a great manager and all that but wed always be worrying that he would move on as soon as a liverpool man city job became available. his appointment may be too much too soon for us.

im warming a bit to phil brown especially over adkins. brown did a great job at hull and his promotion to the prem and staying there is more than adkins has achieved.

i still hope for one of sven. hoddle or leonardo that would be the the best outcome imo

As at today, what do we need ??

A Prem Quality Manager ??? NO

A Manager to get us out of the CCC and into the Prem ??? NO

A Manager to get us out of Division One ??? YES

Nigel Adkins will do that

Anything else he does after that would be a Bonus

10 years as the physio, but then so was Bob Paisley and Bertie Mee and look what they achieved at the highest levels.

Ive seen him quoted as saying his wife was very ill at one point, which is why he took the break from managing and became a physio because he needed a steady job so he could look after her and their kids. Thats why his career appears to have stalled in the middle.

it is a shame, but the way Cortese has treated him is nothing but disgusting.

I'm not aware of anything between them - not being obtuse, just don't know. Is there a link?

If people are put off by the chairman as a result of what he says not just in the press but also via "the network" of old players does he really have the best interest of the club at heart or is he following his own agenda. If so, he is abusing/letting down the loyal fanbase that idolise him. Very disappointed.

On a brighter note, do you think that Martin O'neil will be getting a season ticket now he is going to be living locally? It would be cool sitting next to him.

The appointment of Adkins would be a sign that the days of (relatively) big-spending southampton are behind us.

Not necessarily. It might be a sign that Adkins is perceived as being the best available and interested candidate to get the club promotion. And who is to argue with that?

So glad you are happy now derry.....Thought Pards was going to do for you..

Talking of certificates etc....Not as many as Sir Less...But then to some he is God..

Let us pray for the right decision.........

Up the Saints....

Ah yes, but you notice that Derry is very non-commital in his support....

Unless he plays two wide men and uses the width of the pitch he'll never get his approval

;)

Not necessarily. It might be a sign that Adkins is perceived as being the best available and interested candidate to get the club promotion. And who is to argue with that?

It might be, but what I'm sure will appeal to Cortese is how little money he will need to spend to get us out of league 1, or to stabilise us in the championship. We are going to be the Ryanair of the football league IMHO.

I am not kidding myself, their are very few people who know whats going on. MLT may know a little at best but certainly not exactly whats going on.

OK let's remove the word 'exactly' from both our posts and then agree that he know's 'enough' to be able to comment on the state of the Club?

I am not kidding myself, their are very few people who know whats going on. MLT may know a little at best but certainly not exactly whats going on.
is there anyone senior left at SFC these days that was there when MLT was there?

I don't think he knows anything about whats going on at the club, he may heard things through other people or things throught the media who also know bugger all whats going on at the club. It was the same with Mark Dennis on the radio the other day, ex-pros like to think they know is going on but know nothing, just rumour & conjection.

I would trust Le Tiss to know what is going on at the Club. If he says that the Chairman is unfit to run the Club i trust him to know from people inside the Club what Cortese is really like. Even Lowelife was not stupid enough to ban all newspaper photographers.

It might be, but what I'm sure will appeal to Cortese is how little money he will need to spend to get us out of league 1, or to stabilise us in the championship. We are going to be the Ryanair of the football league IMHO.

Has he shown himself to be a chairman that prefers to take the cheaper option? Hard to say. He may the sort of chairman that gets the right man within the budget available.

What do you mean by Ryanair?

I would trust Le Tiss to know what is going on at the Club. If he says that the Chairman is unfit to run the Club i trust him to know from people inside the Club what Cortese is really like. Even Lowelife was not stupid enough to ban all newspaper photographers.
It could be said that MLT also said that Pinnacle were fit to run the club, so he not above making mistakes. I again say he was my absolute hero on the pitch. Since he hung up his boots the flaws have become more apparent. Please Matt stop giving interviews if you are going to knock the club, as it hurts the pro and anti fans

Firstly I would not place credence on MLT knowing what was going on in the club, as most of the personnel have changed since he was there.

Secondly, I would not place much credence on his ability to judge whether the Chairman was fit or not to run the club. His judgement on several business ventures that have failed and his association with Pinnacle hardly points to his outstanding business nous, does it?

As for whether Lowe was a shining example of how to deal with the press, then people either have very short, or very selective memories.

I treasure happy memories of MLT as a footballer and also enjoy his TV punditry. However, that is where the line should be drawn, or else he will alienate those who loved him.

I might be adding up 2 + 2 and getting 5! I work at a reputable hotel in Eastleigh and a certain Mr John Gregory, once of Aston villa and now FC Ashdod in Israel, was checked in to a room last night.

One of my female colleagues, who doesn't really know much about football but has an interest in the Saints saw Les Reed in the resturant section yesterday having a meal. After seeing John Gregorys name in the database, and have had it confirmed from someone above me it is him, I described him to my colleague and he matched the description of Reed's date.

I don't wanna be shot down for this but thought it might be worth a read!

As at today, what do we need ??

A Prem Quality Manager ??? NO

A Manager to get us out of the CCC and into the Prem ??? NO

A Manager to get us out of Division One ??? YES

Nigel Adkins will do that

Anything else he does after that would be a Bonus

yes but wouldnt you rather we could keep our manager all the way to the premiership?

everybody cries about stability then talks about getting a manager for each league were in.

adkins doesnt convince me at all he could be a one club wonder where it worked cos he had the players ears from being a physio.

not to mention the relegation in between

I might be adding up 2 + 2 and getting 5! I work at a reputable hotel in Eastleigh and a certain Mr John Gregory, once of Aston villa and now FC Ashdod in Israel, was checked in to a room last night.

One of my female colleagues, who doesn't really know much about football but has an interest in the Saints saw Les Reed in the resturant section yesterday having a meal. After seeing John Gregorys name in the database, and have had it confirmed from someone above me it is him, I described him to my colleague and he matched the description of Reed's date.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, a reputable hotel in Eastleigh.......FFS.:x

I like to think I take more than just an 'interest' in the Saints, but if Les Reed walked passed me I wouldn't have a clue who he was.

It's quite staggering how many of these stories are comng from people with a very low post count.

yet another Skate trying to wind us up Lol. Bless.

No doubt deacon , venables and Storrie were at the meeting as well.

As for a non football fan recognising Les Reed Lol.......Les Dennis perhaps

Blatently MLT has an agenda. He needs Cortese to fail because his success will show up even more the utter lameness of the Pinnacle bid. Dont forget Matts paymaster is Rupert Murdoch (Sky,Talksport.The Sun) who also have an agenda.

Anyone that believes that MLTs best interest is with the club is deluded I'm afraid.

yet another Skate trying to wind us up Lol. Bless.

No doubt deacon , venables and Storrie were at the meeting as well.

As for a non football fan recognising Les Reed Lol.......Les Dennis perhaps

Ha good times. this post and the one about being a low poster are the reason why i dont actually post too often on here. You get shot down too easily and people to willing to have a go at you. I was merely just saying what i have seen.

Anyways its just a bit of info i thought you might like. feel free to ignore it but we may be seeign a lot more of John Gregory than any of us would ever want to!

Ha good times. this post and the one about being a low poster are the reason why i dont actually post too often on here. You get shot down too easily and people to willing to have a go at you. I was merely just saying what i have seen.

Anyways its just a bit of info i thought you might like. feel free to ignore it but we may be seeign a lot more of John Gregory than any of us would ever want to!

I hope so, John Gregory, or Greggers as i like to call him is a top top manager.

And why wouldn't someobody stuck in a foregin land TRY and get a job.

Thank fook they sent the B team to talk to him and not NC