F1 2010

Colinjb

Disaster in Spa. Going into the very last corner of the race in 13th, i spin and rejoin in 17th, finish last with the time penalty. Hate that corner.

But finally got my first win in Monza, it rains in qualifying 3 leaving me 8 seconds faster than everyone else on pole. Pit on lap 8 of 11 and rejoin 2nd behind Webber. 2 corners later i catch up with him, force him wide so he spins and blocks the entire track leaving me to cruise home in 1st. Whoop.

wish other drivers got penalised with penalties when they block your qualifying laps. Or at the very least move out the way when their on outlaps/inlaps.

I've done the first 3 races on Expert mode in an Hispania. Why after about lap 5 of each race does a full load of race fuel cause me to go 3-4 seconds a lap slower than my qualifying pace, when the rest of the field can match or go faster than their qualifying pace with a full tank of fuel?

Edited by JackFrost

Just done the first race in career mode. Not sure what difficulty it is, just says "custom". All I know is I've got all the driver aids off, I started on pole in Sakhir and finished 2nd. Should have won but I span about 10 times in a 10 lap race. I just can't get my noggin around the throttle. A tiny dab on the R2 button and the rear tyres light up. I keep spinning when I try and put the power down on the exit of a slow curve. Think I may need to invest in a wheel and pedals to get the full effect of this game.

Nope. I'm trying to go harcore and switch everything off. Might have to reconsider though. Going through a season like this is going to give me arthritis.

LOLz, I remember playing a full real time GP on Nigel Mansell's Grand Prix on the Spectrum around 1988/9ish, try playing 90 minutes+ with your finger on squidgy Q and A keys to accerate and brake, and O and P to steer... still, at least you had Turbo boost, but one collision, just one pixel out of line, and the race was over.

Just done the first race in career mode. Not sure what difficulty it is, just says "custom". All I know is I've got all the driver aids off, I started on pole in Sakhir and finished 2nd. Should have won but I span about 10 times in a 10 lap race. I just can't get my noggin around the throttle. A tiny dab on the R2 button and the rear tyres light up. I keep spinning when I try and put the power down on the exit of a slow curve. Think I may need to invest in a wheel and pedals to get the full effect of this game.

You should never have the R2 button fully down unless you are doing more than 100mph, if TC is off.

I'm using the controller and can handle expert mode ok, until it comes to the race.

Racing in a Hispania, can set very competitive lap times but then my team-mate Senna is ridiculously fast in the races. After a full length race in China Senna finished within 90 seconds of the race winner, and in a full length race at Catalunya he could consistently lap within a second of the race winner's lap times. Whereas I was dicing it out in the midfield and the team were disappointed because I 'only' finished 13th (in a Hispania FFS) when my objective was 12th

If anyone else is doing full race distances you have to have

1) damage turned off, to stop you getting 5 punctures every single race

2) fuel wear turned off, so you don't start the race in a car that handles like it has a full load of fuel when the rest of the field start in cars that handle like they have hardly any fuel in them, resulting in the rest of the field pulling away from you at the rate of 5-7 seconds a lap

Edited by JackFrost

This sounds pretty crap to be honest. Full of ridiculous bugs. I will await a patch and see what happens then.

There are a few bugs but if you change the settings accordingly you can eliminate most of them.

Buggy yes but it certainly isn't as bad as say, FM.

There are a few bugs but if you change the settings accordingly you can eliminate most of them.

Buggy yes but it certainly isn't as bad as say, FM.

I dunno. The things people are saying about being incredibly fast at one track and then at the back for the next, team mates who are slower in qualy but much much quicker in the races. I absolutely hate stuff like that.

Theres a poster up above who says he is 13th in one race but then qualifies 8 seconds a lap faster than anybody else at the next race in the wet. That doesn't sound to me like the type of problem you can dial out with the settings, it sounds crap.

I dunno. The things people are saying about being incredibly fast at one track and then at the back for the next, team mates who are slower in qualy but much much quicker in the races. I absolutely hate stuff like that.

Theres a poster up above who says he is 13th in one race but then qualifies 8 seconds a lap faster than anybody else at the next race in the wet. That doesn't sound to me like the type of problem you can dial out with the settings, it sounds crap.

Well the AI have been fine at the races I've raced in so far apart from Catalunya (AI too quick), Monaco/Silverstone (AI a little too quick) and Canada (AI too slow). The weather changing is very realistic, the only problem with it is it has to be VERY wet for the lap times to start getting slower. The level of AI is largely just right IMKO and is the best realism of AI ability I've come across since TOCA2 which was released in 1998,

Another moan I have is the interviews are rubbish, everytime i do one I **** off the team even when i say they are doing great and they are working really hard.

But the bugs that have been pointed out are either just slightly annoying or can be got round quite easily

I think their working on a fix for a lot of the bugs as we speak so you might want to try it once that has been released

The good things about the game are plenty, the physics of the car are so realistic, the handling is very unforgivable and when your driving in torrential rain it is possible to spin going in a straight line at 120mph if you're too eager with the throttle. And if it's too hard you can always put TC on etc. ;)

Edited by JackFrost

Barca I didn't think was that bad. Qualified 5th, finished 4th. Would have been 2nd if I hadn't gone off at one point. Just couldn't get my head around Monte Carlo though. Came last having smacked into the barrier about 20 times and done most of the race without my front wing (I was running 8th, I thought I could hold the field off and get a point or two if I didn't pit). AI way too fast there.

Owned Turkey. Pole and victory.

Wasn't TOCA2 the one with the cheat that gave you a tank? That game was AWESOME! :D

Yeah, does that fook it up?

Yep it's a known bug. It causes regular corruption of gamesaves. I know their working on a fix for it along with other bugs.

I had it once although I'd only got to China before I found out about it. Since I've stopped doing the R&D tests I've got to Singapore without any further problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it actually possible to do well with the brake assist on? I thought it was supposed to make it easier? When I use it I can barely finish in the top 20. Does anybody else ever use it?

As i'm not overly familiar with this game,well tbh gaming in general i tried it with all 'assists' on and in easy mode,this however has made it bloody hard to outbreak someone and just makes the whole thing more difficult.

I am currently starting out in a lotus,would it be better to start my season again without the braking assist on and maybe going onto the slightly harder level?

And on another note,i'm damn sure i'm not getting the most out of my Xbox elite,i really am a technophobe!Why i bought the elite instead of the normal one i don't know.

Perhaps a '43years old and new to gaming' thread might come in handy.;)

Edited by saint lard

• 2 months later...

been playing this a lot since the real F1 season ended but am ****ed off with it currently

Just raced at Singapore. Running 4th, 8 laps from the end catching Kubica as he's stuck in traffic. I then go to lap Petrov and he drives into my car after turn 4. Catch up again on the penultimate lap, get past Petrov, i then lap senna and get a penalty because he drove into my car as I'm braking for the next corner. Because it's at the end of the lap I think I'm getting a drive through and as I'm in the pits it says 20 seconds will be added to my race time.

I snatched 13th from the jaws of 3rd :cry: