The Unofficial Official Glastonbury 2011 Thread

swannymere

Just back, ferking amazing weekend. Left early to beat traffic and my lift home has work at 2pm tomorrow, otherwise I would've been watching The Streets right now.

Best: Crystal Fighters, TV on the Radio, Grouplove, The Chemical Brothers, Dry The River

Worst: Bombay Bicycle Club, Tinie Tempah, Paul Simon

Weather was so weird, p!ssing with rain on Wednesday, slighty drier on Thursday, p!ssing with rain again on Friday, half and half on Saturday and then absolutely baking today!

Don't know what i'm going to do without a Glastonbury 2012 to look forward to though :(

Got back at 6am having left Van field at 4:30. Amazing weekend simply had everything, hypothermia on Wed night, the Rain, 1,500 or more different types of mud and then sunburns & heatstrokes.

Best Elbow, U2, Bellowhead, 2 Door Cinema Club, The Wombats

Worst QOTSA, Big Audio Dynamite, Anna Calvi (just meh music when not in the mudbath of the tent I guess)

Special mention to - Yep the fecking Wombles, great daft moment and also a surprisingly pleasant afternoon with Duanne Eddy & the Pulp Guitar bloke

And also to the Villa Fans with the Hate McLeish flag - lol

GF & mate loved it can't believe gotta wait 2 years again

Full report & some pics of mud next week

Coldplay V U2?

Coldplay at Abu Dhabi were the greatest gig I will ever see.

At Glasto? Nowhere near as good and Chris forget the words in one song swore and started again.

U2 was not a concert, it was an experience half way up that hill

You seem to be in a minority, alot of people were diappointed by U2 and also were surprised how good Coldplay were, Coldplay came across better on TV as well.

Fantastic Weekend, as ever, can't wait for the next festival;

Bellowhead - Folky energising band, you can't help but dance your ass off.

Top Shelf Jazz - A swing band with a twist, their first song had the chorus '**** in her *****'. Need I say more?

BB King - shed a tear to that, awsome legend. I feel privaliged to have seen him.

Elbow - Amazing. The happiest people in the festival were on stage then. amazing to see.

Kool and the Gang - Fantastic band to end on. (before I stoped over to arcadia for a bit of SL2).

Loads of stuff in the Bourbon Street Blues Bar - Loads of jazz and a good selection of bourbon, just the ticket!

Other highlights;

360 - Ska band from London, thursday at the fluffy rock.

Wu-Tang - Rappy goodness

Jimmy Cliff - Another legend

Chase and Status - suprisingly uncheesey, just good drum and bass.

Ce Lo Green - Showmanship at it's best

Gaslight Anthem - Inoffensive rock!

Brant Bauer Frick Ensamble - The most avant garde thing I've seen on a stage anywhere

DJ Yoda - Sillyness in dance

Low Anthem - Bluesey Sunday Morning

Don McLean - We were all waiting for one song, not oly did he play it, he played an extended extra sing along version.

Things that dissappointed me;

Plan B - Quite dull really.

Coldplay - After Elbow they were dull too. Left early to go back to the Blues Bar.

Edited by NorthamSteve

You seem to be in a minority, alot of people were diappointed by U2 and also were surprised how good Coldplay were, Coldplay came across better on TV as well.

I watched U2 on Telly on Monday night, and from that I would agree. Think was if you describe it as concert then I'd say it was meh. But half way back with the sound & lights just washing over you while you sang along to all their greatest hits.

At Glasto I just thought it was astonishing that Chris Martin could say oh feck it I've fecked that up and forgotten the words, stop (twang clang bang) let's do that again...No idea if that got broadcast but I'd expect that to happen at an Amy Winehouse gig, not Coldplay

pressed the red button this morning before we went to Heathrow to fly home and caught Bellowhead again.

Great sound and look forward to hearinga lot more of them (and Elbow)

I watched U2 on Telly on Monday night, and from that I would agree. Think was if you describe it as concert then I'd say it was meh. But half way back with the sound & lights just washing over you while you sang along to all their greatest hits.

At Glasto I just thought it was astonishing that Chris Martin could say oh feck it I've fecked that up and forgotten the words, stop (twang clang bang) let's do that again...No idea if that got broadcast but I'd expect that to happen at an Amy Winehouse gig, not Coldplay

pressed the red button this morning before we went to Heathrow to fly home and caught Bellowhead again.

Great sound and look forward to hearinga lot more of them (and Elbow)

Been a fan of Bellowhead for a while (since i first saw them at glasto 2007(ish) - they all form into one.) The energy they have is something special.