Fifa tournamenrt

Griffo

Had the idea of setting up a FIFA tournament online on PS3. Maybe start with 8 people if the interest is there.

The idea is that if 8 people are up for it, then you choose a number from 1-8 and I will have a list of 8 similar teams with corresponding numbers so people get a team at random. I was thinking teams of Europe League/medium Champions League quality, such as Man City, Spurs, Lyon, Bayern, Atletico, Liverpool etc. You'd then have to add the person you have been drawn against and give them a game at some point, with the winner progressing.

Seen as this is only on the 'Computer Games' section I doubt the interest will be there but lets see how it goes.

*Apologies for the random 'r' in tournament in the thread title.

So far:

1) Griffo - AlexSFC93

2) skintsaint - skintsaint

3) StD - q10_ds

4) RedAndWhite91's - NorthamSoul

5) saint_bert - lunaticbert

6) Saint_Rick - rickjamie

7) mattbrennan - mattbrennan

8 ) saint_bert's mate - eordam

Edited by Griffo

We did something similar with PES6 on 360 about 4 years ago on here (or a predecessor Forum), it worked really well.

It also worked having a "draft" when people got drawn a number and then got to choose their teams based on that. Then if it goes to a second season you can allocate teams in reverse order. You can always limit the available teams if you don't want the likes of Barcelona in it, but it can work as a good handicapping system too.

It was good fun when we did it. There are some decent fixtures programmes out there too, but can't recall which we used.

We also structured it so you had to play a certain number of matches in a fortnight, or it just takes too long / isn't realistic because some people play all their matches immediately and some spread it out until others are bored.

You'll also need to decide the settings, camera etc for matches in advance, or people will kick up. And the quitting policy...

I don't have a PS3, but good luck !

I'll keep it simple at first as a straight knock-out tournament because I think it'll be hard to get 8 people together. If you're in, could you write down your PS3 online tag thingy, thanks.

I expect to get thrashed but I'm in anyway. Can play most weekday evenings.

Have done a list of 8 teams. When we have 8 players I will do the draw but instead of picking a number between 1 and 8 I will do the draw based on your number in the list.

Teams:

Man City

Hamburg

Juventus

Valencia

Lyon

Tottenham

Porto

Zenit

Tried to get an even spread of nations through the teams I picked too. Happy with that?

Ideally would like the first round of games to be tonight so can four more people hurry up please!

Edited by Griffo

Also, seen as using only 8 players would mean that you would only get 3 games at most, I've decided that all games apart from the final will be two legged. No away goals though. Up to the two players to organise the game themselves and get it played, and then write the aggregate score on here afterwards.

One more person and we're there. I will post the games tomorrow and teams once the 8th person has entered. It will be your responsibility to organise your 2 legged game with your opponent using the team you are given. Good luck!

Edited by Griffo

Right I'm bored of this **** now. Tell your mate he's in saint_bert. What's his PSN and I'll add him at the top? Can everyone involved post on here please so I know if you're here.

The teams are -

1) Griffo - AlexSFC93.. Man City

2) skintsaint - skintsaint.. Lyon

3) StD - q10_ds.. Valencia

4) RedAndWhite91's - NorthamSoul.. Porto

5) saint_bert - lunaticbert.. Hamburg

6) Saint_Rick - rickjamie.. Spurs

7) mattbrennan - mattbrennan.. Zenit

8 ) saint_bert's mate.. Juventus

It was done by having 8 bits of paper with the 8 teams on, and 8 pieces with the numbers on. They were put face down and matched up.

Edited by Griffo

and the games are..

1 V 3 - Griffo (Manchester City) V StD (Valencia)

8 V 4 - Saint_bert's mate (Juventus) V RedAndWhite91 (Porto)

6 V 5 Saint_Rick (Spurs) V saint_bert (Hamburg)

7 V 8 - matt brennan (Zenit) V skintsaint (Lyon)

Two legged games, post in here the score on aggregate. The draw for the following rounds will be done randomly again too. Is everyone, or anyone.. here?

Edited by Griffo

Right I'm bored of this **** now. Tell your mate he's in saint_bert. What's his PSN and I'll add him at the top? Can everyone involved post on here please so I know if you're here.

The teams are -

1) Griffo - AlexSFC93.. Man City

2) skintsaint - skintsaint.. Porto

3) StD - q10_ds.. Valencia

4) RedAndWhite91's - NorthamSoul.. Porto

5) saint_bert - lunaticbert.. Hamburg

6) Saint_Rick - rickjamie.. Spurs

7) mattbrennan - mattbrennan.. Zenit

8 ) saint_bert's mate.. Juventus

It was done by having 8 bits of paper with the 8 teams on, and 8 pieces with the numbers on. They were put face down and matched up.

???

I've just had a thought.. if the first leg was say, 2-1 and the second leg was 2-1 to the other player.. the game will not play to extra time and penalties obviously. To resolve this I think it would be easiest to just play one more game and the winner of that (extra time and penalties if need be) will go through.

My mates tag is eordam

Rick your on my list and online quite often. We can arrange a game ahortly.

Might have to be 2ma

I will let my mate know

If you can tell him to preferably add whoever he is playing and get the games out of the way tonight that'd be good.