Formula 1 2011

Jimmy_D

Preparation for the new F1 season has already started.

The Young Driver Test took place over the last two days, with Red Bull still fastest with their RB6, it'll truly go down as one of the great designs in F1 history.

Dean Stoneman, a driver from Southampton and reigning Formula 2 Champion, did very well to go as fast as he did in the Williams.

Daniel Riccardio could be one to watch, with his quickest time out of 77 laps faster than Vettel's qualifying lap on the same circuit, looks like the ability is there, next it'll be a question of consistency and doing it when the pressure is on.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/11/11547.html

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/11/11553.html

• 3 weeks later...
Maldonado comes to Williams with 10 million euros of sponsorship, blimey. Crazy that these days drivers are picked on what omey they can bring with them.

It's not exactly old news, Just ask Pedro Diniz, Jean Denis Delatraz and Giovanna Amati.

Money talks in F1, it always has. The privateer teams have always needed the pay drivers.

It's not exactly old news, Just ask Pedro Diniz, Jean Denis Delatraz and Giovanna Amati.

Money talks in F1, it always has. The privateer teams have always needed the pay drivers.

Tarso Marques, Gaston Mazzacane, Sakon Yamamoto the list goes on

My favourite was Giovanni Lavaggi who raced for Minardi '95/'96 time.

He got himself his racing licence and literally paid Minardi lump sums of money out of his own pocket to race in a few GPs for them

Edited by JackFrost

So 2 Lotus teams on the grid next year then. Both using Renault engines unless I'm much mistaken and with a black and gold livery. Renault to become "Lotus Renault GP". Feckin' stupid decision if you ask me.

This is the Group Lotus (i.e. Renault (the one Kubica drives for)) livery mock up.

1291800440.jpg

Edited by Lighthouse

sorry, I dont get it. Moveable wing to aid in overtaking. Now, ok with kers the other car might not have a boost charged, but with a moveable wing, surely both cars can lower wing and no advantage is gained?

I'm guessing not...

"The wings will be operated by the drivers, who will be able to use them when they are within a second of a car in front which they are trying to overtake"

It's a good idea IMO, but I'm guessing as soon as the car behind gets 1mm infront of the car they are trying to overtake, technically the overtakee is within 1s of the car in front and can use the moveable wings too. I predict lots of juicy controversy over this rule. :D

Edited by Lighthouse

• 3 weeks later...

So for 2011 I believe we have

Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel

Mark Webber

McLaren

Lewis Hamilton

Jenson Button

Ferrari

Fernando Alonso

Felipe Massa

Mercedes

Michael Schumacher

Nico Rosberg

Lotus Renault

Robert Kubica

Vitaly Petrov

Williams

Rubens Barrichello

Pastor Maldonado

Force India

?

?

Sauber

Kamui Kobayashi

Sergio Pérez

Toro Rosso

?

?

Lotus

Jarno Trulli

Heikki Kovalainen

Hispania

Narain Karthikeyan

?

Marussia Virgin

?

Jérôme d'Ambrosio

So 2 Lotus teams on the grid next year then. Both using Renault engines unless I'm much mistaken and with a black and gold livery. Renault to become "Lotus Renault GP". Feckin' stupid decision if you ask me.

This is the Group Lotus (i.e. Renault (the one Kubica drives for)) livery mock up.

1291800440.jpg

Team Lotus to stick with the Green & yellow

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/f1-news/team-lotus-to-stick-with-green-yellow/