Mr Cortese

Saint in Paradise

Has anyone ever written him a polite letter and then recieved a reply? IF you have did it take very long for

his responce to arrive?

Please don't hijack this thread with stupid remarks, I am not trying to get yet another debate going

between those who like him and those who don't.

Also please remember that as this is my 3rd post today I am unable to respond for about 12 hours, Thanks.

I think I understand your point, but do you really understand the complexities of running an ordinary large organisation ..and football clubs are anything except ordinary. If your letter is either " fan-mail, or the Comment / criticism type, doesn't rate as a high prioirity in the whole run of things . and I'm sure SFC wouldn't employ someone just to write nice relpies to everyone's letter.

Letter-writing , or just letting off steam on sites like this are a good remedy for the stess and frustration of not haveing your side win 4-1 every week, but I really think NC (rightly so) has a higher list of prioirites that all the letters that inevitably flow in.

Entreprenuers are fixed on their plan and mission are seldom swayed by outside influences / opinions.

It's nice to get a reply. I once got a reply from Rupert Lowe when I expressed my thoughts on some matter, but he was polite but didn't agree with my viewpoint.

but your point is well taken, however, it will seldom get the response you want, and if he ever got to read the letter..he'd either agree with you .--or he wouldn't.

I think I understand your point, but do you really understand the complexities of running an ordinary large organisation ..and football clubs are anything except ordinary. If your letter is either " fan-mail, or the Comment / criticism type, doesn't rate as a high prioirity in the whole run of things . and I'm sure SFC wouldn't employ someone just to write nice relpies to everyone's letter.

Letter-writing , or just letting off steam on sites like this are a good remedy for the stess and frustration of not haveing your side win 4-1 every week, but I really think NC (rightly so) has a higher list of prioirites that all the letters that inevitably flow in.

Entreprenuers are fixed on their plan and mission are seldom swayed by outside influences / opinions.

It's nice to get a reply. I once got a reply from Rupert Lowe when I expressed my thoughts on some matter, but he was polite but didn't agree with my viewpoint.

but your point is well taken, however, it will seldom get the response you want, and if he ever got to read the letter..he'd either agree with you .--or he wouldn't.

4-1? We shouldn't be conceding goals in the league with the money we have.

Has anyone ever written him a polite letter and then recieved a reply? IF you have did it take very long for

his responce to arrive?

Please don't hijack this thread with stupid remarks, I am not trying to get yet another debate going

between those who like him and those who don't.

Also please remember that as this is my 3rd post today I am unable to respond for about 12 hours, Thanks.

Wrote and got a phone call from Andy Oldknow on his behalf, the same morning as he would have received the letter. Execellent customer service. (beginning of last season)

You would only get a reply that was highly spun PR written by some plank in london.

Ah! The inevitable response from Smears.

Look, chummy, read the OP's question and try and comprehend what he has asked. It was expressed in perfectly simple and unambiguous language and simple enough to understand.

I'm going to assume that you have not written any letter to him. Am I correct? If so you are not really qualified to comment on what the response from him would be. The OP is trying to establish that, do you see?

Ah! The inevitable response from Smears.

Look, chummy, read the OP's question and try and comprehend what he has asked. It was expressed in perfectly simple and unambiguous language and simple enough to understand.

I'm going to assume that you have not written any letter to him. Am I correct? If so you are not really qualified to comment on what the response from him would be. The OP is trying to establish that, do you see?

I think you will find that it is extremely common for replies sent from the CEO are penned by subordinates so it would not be a surprise if this happened at SFC.

Cortese would better employed doing other things than answering letters

Wrote to him middle of last season to compliment the performance of the Ticket Office who helped me over a problem.

He replied, a little while later, but well within the time I'd consider reasonable for a CEO to respond.

Ever tried dealing with HMRC and getting a sensible response?

Thank you to the sensible posters who replied, no I will not post my letter on here.

I admit that I am not the brightest but I certainly don't consider myself stupid enough to

do that :lol:

Anyway it was in Italian so not everyone would understand it.

Ah maybe that is why I have not had a reply then, his typist couldn't understand it and to be on the safe side

she just threw it away without bothering to let Mr C read it in case it upset him. :lol:

I will say again that it was very polite and in no way should it have upset him.

I think you will find that it is extremely common for replies sent from the CEO are penned by subordinates so it would not be a surprise if this happened at SFC.

Cortese would better employed doing other things than answering letters

That might be, but Smears insinuated in his usual snide manner that it would probably come from some PR agency in London, his assertion based on nothing concrete, as usual.

• 8 years later...
Wonder if he can convince another rich business man to take us over... Got to get rid of Gao

Would be great.

Suspect however he's looking at another potential investment and return for a rich buyer.

What did we cost? £10m? Sold for £200m?

He wouldn't get that type of return from us now.... Unless we do go down and Gao sells cheap

Would be great.

Suspect however he's looking at another potential investment and return for a rich buyer.

What did we cost? £10m? Sold for £200m?

He wouldn't get that type of return from us now.... Unless we do go down and Gao sells cheap

He seems to get little credit for what he did for Southampton..........

He seems to get little credit for what he did for Southampton..........

He got us a top class owner and took us fro -10points in the lower league to mid table premier league and he got us Poch. Fantastic record, thanks NC, no one can deny the facts, he saved us and set us up

Always found the cap-doffing insistence of some on here referring to him as 'Mr. Cortese' really f-ing weird.

He used to make the staff at the club call him sir or Mr Cortese. He wouldn’t let anyone walk in the corridor st the same time as him, the Cuban heeled, egotistical, dwarf knobhead.

It's his name for **** sake......on lots of occasions I'm referred to as Mr..(my surname) or sir. I'm not in the army or a teacher, just a businessman.

Yes, and I'd imagine none of those occasions are the same or equivalent to an anonymous internet forum. I pray that whatever business you're in, its success is independent of your ability to parse meaning and context.

It's his name for **** sake......on lots of occasions I'm referred to as Mr..(my surname) or sir. I'm not in the army or a teacher, just a businessman.

I stopped calling people "Sir" when I left school, and that was a long time ago.

And Kat did so badly from his efforts which laid the foundations for the club value increasing from the £13m her father paid for it to over £250m a 10 fold increase in less than ten years

A nice tidy return i think

Incredibly, there are still some who feel sorry for Kat because she loaned the club money. They forget she demanded that the loans be paid back plus interest. As you say, thanks to Cortese, she is nearly a quarter of a billion pounds better off.

I expect his insistence on using ‘Mr Cortese’ is due to him having a girl’s first name.

OMG clutching with that one. You understand that Nicola is most foreign countries is literally translated into Nicholas? Or is that just an attempt at a joke?