Le God for England graffiti

Macey_J2

I'm sure many of us remember this on a building near what is now the wetherspoons in canute road in the 90's. I thought it was an iconic image of 1990's Southampton and was sad to see it go when the site was redeveloped.

Question is, does anyone have a photo of the graffiti?

I've tried google to no avail. I'd really like a copy if anyone has one in an old photo album tucked away somewhere.

Cheers.

I thought this was Saints related enough for this forum, but if mods disagree, feel free to move.

There was "Le God for England NOW!" on the bridge in Bitterne that leads to West End in massive red and blue letters.

Also, "God bless the Valley slags" near Oxford Street with some pro Le Tiss stuff (sort of gave away the perpitraitors that)

There was a massive 'LE GOD FOR ENGLAND NOW' graffiti down Ocean Village, can't quite remember exactly what building it was on.

There was also a picnic bench down Eight Acres in Romsey painted completely red and white, with Le God graffiti on circa 1994. SRS and Steve Grant may also remember this?

I remember there being one in St Mary's, opposite the Dorch when those flats were being built.

Incidentally right by the place where, after being propositioned by a prostitute, my mate turned round and asked me "why did that woman just ask me if I wanted some biscuits?"

This may or may not be classed as graffiti.

Does anyone else remember the field on the left just before Beacon Hill about 4 miles south of Newbury ?

It was a fierld on the side of a hill with a perfectly done "Crop Circle" spelling out "Le Tiss for England" it was there for a couple of weeks.

didnt it say "Please Hod Pick Le God"?

That was a sign at the England B game (just prior to France 98 ) when Tiss scored thrice and hit the woodwork twice leading Hoddle to conclude that he wasn't worth including him in the World Cup Squad (in the process actually managing to make Chris Sutton look clever).

Edited by jam
I just like changing it

You are now entering Gods country - a huge poster was also seen coming in to the city at Millbrook - I managed to get an A4 size and now hangs proudly on the study wall!

The best Echo advert EVER!!!! a quality ad for a quality player

LE GOD

Does anyone else remember the field on the left just before Beacon Hill about 4 miles south of Newbury ?

It was a fierld on the side of a hill with a perfectly done "Crop Circle" spelling out "Le Tiss for England" it was there for a couple of weeks.

I thought there was one at Mattersley bowl just north of Winchester ???

It was the devils punch bowl on the A272

I remember 'Le God please for England'. Near Ocean Village.

How I remember it as well. Next to what is now the Chinese restaurant

There was a massive 'LE GOD FOR ENGLAND NOW' graffiti down Ocean Village, can't quite remember exactly what building it was on.

To the posters quoted above, congrats for paying attention long enough NOT to realise you were talking about the same graffiti as the one that this thread is about.

The rest of you, with the exception of theyin, thanks for the spam!

I guess the answer to my question is no then!

I'm sure many of us remember this on a building near what is now the wetherspoons in canute road in the 90's. I thought it was an iconic image of 1990's Southampton and was sad to see it go when the site was redeveloped.

Question is, does anyone have a photo of the graffiti?

I've tried google to no avail. I'd really like a copy if anyone has one in an old photo album tucked away somewhere.

Cheers.

I thought this was Saints related enough for this forum, but if mods disagree, feel free to move.

There was feature in the Mail on Sunday about MLT that included a pic of it. Try them.

To the posters quoted above, congrats for paying attention long enough NOT to realise you were talking about the same graffiti as the one that this thread is about.

Maybe you should have specified it was in Ocean Village, then.

• 7 years later...

I've got a picture here of it, you can **** right off if you think you're having it after that.

I have loads of pictures from my fanzine days, but you get lost now.