Big Sam leaves Blackburn

NorthamSteve

Nothing surprises me in football.

I've thought long and hard about Big Sam, and at the end of the day he's a decent manager. I don't blame him for one second for being the way he is because football nowadays demands instant results due to the financial hardship caused by relegation. If you want someone who will keep you up, there's no-one better; in six seasons with Bolton in the Prem he finished 16th, 17th, 8th, 6th, 8th, 7th, and with Blackburn he finished 15th and 10th (obviously Newcastle was a blip but he wasn't there long!).

I can only assume the new Blackburn owners are extremely ambitious and have a rabbit to pull out of the hat.

Yet more confirmation that football is mental. Do owners of medium sized clubs in today's corporate football environment realistically think that their clubs should be pushing to win the premier league?*

The Big Sam is not happy about the decision btw ;-) http://twitter.com/TheBig_Sam

*hint: they can't. Its not right but until some sort of revolution it is what the way of things.