5th Ashes Test

Jimmy_D

So, no Punter for Australia due to aggravating his finger injury, replaced by Pakistani born Usman Khawaja at No. 3 in the batting order(wonder if that'll stop some of the 'South African born' jibes about Trott and Pietersen...)

Clarke will take his first test as captain.

Bollinger back in to replace the injured Harris, and Beer is still in the squad.

The only decisions England have to make are whether to bring Finn back in, who to bring him back in for if they do, and whether to drop Collingwood down below Bell in the batting order.

Edited by Jimmy_D
grammar

I was thinking that they may even drop Colly for Finn and play with 5 bowlers.

Suppose they will make the decision on the morning of the match, once conditions taken into consideration.

Would so love to win this and take the series 3-1.

I was thinking that they may even drop Colly for Finn and play with 5 bowlers.

Suppose they will make the decision on the morning of the match, once conditions taken into consideration.

Would so love to win this and take the series 3-1.

If we go with an extra bowler at Sydney it will be Monty.

we have beaten them by an innings twice out of the 4 tests so far, we deserve to win 3-1 but I am worried that the players will take their foot off now that the ashes are retained. Guess this will be a test of Flower and Strauss who up to now have been brilliant.

Lets get this series sown up. I cannot believe I go back to work on Tuesday. If a Royal wedding gets a bank holiday then the days of the test match in England should be too. I do not mean tomorrow as I know that it is a bank holiday before anyone says anything.

COE!!!

I can see this ending in a draw...

Australia won't find it easier from here though, they're relying almost entirely on their next partnership.

Which is Hussey & Smith....

I'd be more worried about Hussey & Haddin.

Thing is the Aussies built a lot of their planning into stopping Swann & Pietersen, and completely wrote off Jimmy Anderson & the rest of our pace attack. They panicked into picking no hoper left arm spinners to stop KP and produced English Green tops. And wonder why we retained the Ashes.

In many ways, it's been a series about "The ones they didn't give any thought to" Trott & Cook. Hope they can both finish the job off when we bat would be awesome if one or other could beat Hammonds record runs aggregate in a series. Not for any disrespect to the great man himself, just to make their tactics, selection policy and planning and coaching look even more stupid

And of course we still have time for Swanny's big match

Which is Hussey & Smith....

I'd be more worried about Hussey & Haddin.

Thing is the Aussies built a lot of their planning into stopping Swann & Pietersen, and completely wrote off Jimmy Anderson & the rest of our pace attack. They panicked into picking no hoper left arm spinners to stop KP and produced English Green tops. And wonder why we retained the Ashes.

In many ways, it's been a series about "The ones they didn't give any thought to" Trott & Cook. Hope they can both finish the job off when we bat would be awesome if one or other could beat Hammonds record runs aggregate in a series. Not for any disrespect to the great man himself, just to make their tactics, selection policy and planning and coaching look even more stupid

And of course we still have time for Swanny's big match

Haddin is next in, he's been promoted, hence I reckon we need one more wicket to skittle them.

Big lol at another No Ball wicket, then we get into a strong position then KP plays a stupid shot with just under 5 overs to go.

Big difference if we'd gone into day 3 only 2 down and 110 or so behind, but now we need a knock from Colly.

Delicately poised is the cliche I think, 350 plus is needed after letting the last couple of Aussie wickets get away from us, and it's a long way to go if the ball keeps swinging for Siddle et al.

Crikey! Strauss has gone off at a sprint. Apart from Johnson's knock either side of lunch the Aussie's seem desperate to give us the match and have done with it.

Well the Aussie bowling certainly improved in that last session. That's made a proper game of it.

C'mon England, don't **** this up.

Need a couple of big partnerships now.

I have a feeling Colly will stick around for a while. He needs to and usually does when he's in this kind of position. Cook's just ran on to 99 as I type this. The boy is class. And he's out!!! Haha unbelievable.

England are referring......

CHEATING AUSSIE BARRRSTARDS!!!!

I have a feeling Colly will stick around for a while. He needs to and usually does when he's in this kind of position. Cook's just ran on to 99 as I type this. The boy is class. And he's out!!! Haha unbelievable.

England are referring......

CHEATING AUSSIE BARRRSTARDS!!!!

Strangely, no-one referred it?

433-6

Cook out for 189 another great effort.

Collingwood again looked rubbish.

Bell going nicely now with Prior...although lucky to be batting still after blatently nicking one and given out only to refer it out of desperation and amazingly was allowed to stay in :lol:

Another great day at the office for England. Good knock from Cook again - has batted for more minutes than any other England player against the Aussies according to Channel 9.

Nice partnership from Prior & Bell to drive more nails into the coffin, shame Bell got out before the end. 208 ahead, would have taken that yesterday and we still have 3 wickets in hand, another 40 or 50 or get through to lunch tomorrow and should be game over.

433-6

Cook out for 189 another great effort.

Collingwood again looked rubbish.

Bell going nicely now with Prior...although lucky to be batting still after blatently nicking one and given out only to refer it out of desperation and amazingly was allowed to stay in :lol:

I disagree.

It wasnt a blatant edge. Hotspot showed nothing, and he looked as though he felt he didn't hit it either.

I disagree.

It wasnt a blatant edge. Hotspot showed nothing, and he looked as though he felt he didn't hit it either.

In the same way that Michael Clarke made a totally frivolous review appeal in the first test (I think) and then when clearly been given Not Out and Hot Spot showed nothing, Snicko showed he WAS out in another test.

The rules are there, Bell used them. Great to listen to Whingeing Aussies about it. How many times in the 30 or 40 years we seemed to regularly get walloped did things NOT go our way

All we need now to finish the series off will be some freak bounce, unlucky ricochets off of a boot and grind the Aussies into dust for a generation....

Well, that's what they wanted to do to us for so many years.

All this whingeing from the crowd - booing re Hughes "catch" and the day before when Beer no balled - matched by the media claiming the no ball decision was controversial (wtf?!) shows how low they have stooped. Oh the pleasure! Well done for a fantastic display again lads, keep going