Scummers Lose At Home, Scummers Lose At Home, Super Saints Have Won Away........

Gemmel

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Six points in the bag for me today, went to Fratton. Bloody marvellous. To be clear, Portsmouth have now lost three successive League Two matches at home to Newport County without scoring a goal. Alan Biley was the last skate to score against Newport County at Fratton. :D

• 1 month later...

Pompey fans started 'skatebashing' back in the 1970s. It was their nickname for the RN personnel they hated and used to attack. According to the Oxford Dictionary, Scummer is a fifteenth century name for pirates or buccaneers, so it has probably been in use in the port cities for centuries. Now that views towards the armed services have become more positive, their football fans now consider it a badge of honour to be called skates. They hate being called Worzels though.

• 9 months later...
Ok I realise this isn't quite the right way round but pompey losing a play off game in stoppage time.....:lol:

It is exactly the right way round ...............

Nearly a year - too long , but time to go again.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

What a stupid thread! WE ARE ARE SCUMMERS THEY ARE ARE SKATES END OF

Well my friend, you are right to an extent, but please don't try and re-write history.

MANY MANY MANY thousands of Saints fans, called them scummers,  well before you were swimming around in your old mans ball sack.

Skates is a relativity new saying (Depending on your age). A lot happened before you were born.

You invented nothing

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gemmel said:

Well my friend, you are right to an extent, but please don't try and re-write history.

MANY MANY MANY thousands of Saints fans, called them scummers,  well before you were swimming around in your old mans ball sack.

Skates is a relativity new saying (Depending on your age). A lot happened before you were born.

You invented nothing

👍👍👍👍

9 hours ago, Gemmel said:

You invented nothing           Back in the day we used to call them  Scummers as a reply to them  callng it to us      But it was them wh o invented  it ........Skates was started [correct me if im wrong] by  ugly inside poll ithink  ....as it would offend them..........As for my age fellow scummer i was probably born well before you were a bit of spit on your Dads dick !    Been to many games against the SKATE scum and have a signed picture of Super  Steve Moran scoring the winner in1984 !  The greatest day of my football life.....And so my dear friend up the Saints and down with the blue few.

• 1 month later...