Zelda: Skyward Sword

SuperMikey

No shame at all! I ****ing love zelda too, and will even admit to buying the Wind Waker soundtrack, Soundtrack of my teenage years! (what a goon eh?) I recently started playing Twilight Princess on a gamecube emulator on PC (never got round to it back when it came out), it is fantastic! My Wii is down at my parents house so Skyward Sword will have to wait til' when im home for the summer and have no uni work to be getting on with.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

100%? That's incredible.

I've always been a Nintendo kid but because I didn't get a SNES until late in its life and N64 games were so expensive (£50 odd and I wasn't even ten when the console came out) I never played Zelda to begin with. I got The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess though and they interested me but not massively. Took me ages to complete both as well. 100% though? I may have to investigate.

Was up late playing this on Dolphin emulator last night (don't have a Wii up here). Don't know why anyone would play it on a Wii when it looks THIS good on PC (upscaled to 1080p!)

zs01.jpg

zs02.jpg

zs08.jpg

That looks amazing. How are you handling the controls? I thought Skyward Sword was massively integrated into Wii Motion Plus?

I've got a Wiimote with a motion plus thing plugged into it, the dolphin emulator supports real Wii motes so its perfect really.

All you need to play it is:

A wiimote with motion plus + nunchuck

Bluetooth adapter for your PC

A source of infra red light (wireless sensor bars are available from about £4 on amazon)

And most importantly a hefty PC to run the game - not so much about your GPU with this emulator, it is really CPU intensive, so dual core 3.0GHz + will do probably.

Lots more info here: http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/support.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

After all my excitement when this game was released, I never got round to playing it - mostly due to not having a Wii!

That purchase has since been made, and i'm about 2/3 of the way through the game. My god, it's f*cking brilliant. Probably my favourite of the series as the older versions have dated, and the gameplay in this making use of the motion controls is outstanding. Really fun to play, and it's not just a button-basher anymore.

Hopefully this bump will inspire a few of you to re-play this one. Not been as engrossed in the storyline of a Zelda game since OOT all those years ago...