Dean Richards R.I.P

Edmonton Saint

Tragic news, RIP Dean.

He was mis-diagnosed with an inner ear infection when he actually had cancer and had to give up the game because of it.

Only 36 though, what sad news.

I sincerely hope there is a tribute in the Saints game, he was one of our best defenders of the time.

I believe he still is 2nd only to Curits Davies in the biggest transfer fee paid for an uncapped player?

Edited by JackFrost

great player and a good leader, should have got an England call up, was upset when he left but we got £8million whereas when he joined us Wloves got nothing. In the end we found a replacement who was just as good, Paul Williams...... or perhaps Svensson

Wow that one's come out of the blue. RIP Dean. My thoughts go out to his family.

A very good centre back, and a great signing on a free transfer. Brought out the best in Claus. Not having a player of his, or the injured Killer's, quality in the back four ultimately contributed to our relegation from the Premiership. I never blamed him for leaving, we got a good price for him, and it's a shame injuries ended his playing career.

Shocker.