Selling all of my Saints collection

Barney Trubble

I'm selling almost all of the things I have collected over the years, old shirts, programmes, videos, photos,DVD,s, books etc. I even found out some old photos from shoot magazine the other day, it also included a Q&A session with Phil Boyer - his fave TV show was Benny Hill and MOTD and his favourite film was 'A Star is born' lol

Any ideas of the best way of going about doing this so that they go to a good home?

I guess eBay is the best bet but i'm just asking if anyone else has any suggestions? If I go down this road is it best to sell things, such as match programmes, videos etc individually or as a job lot?

I have no idea where to start as there is so much, or the value.

• 2 months later...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250816774935#ht_500wt_949

I have finally managed to make a start, the VHS videos are going first. I have no idea really about pricing but it seems reasonable to me to get a tenner or so for them? Thoughts?

Collection can be arranged, if you want to avoid postage. I live in the Black Country.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250816774935#ht_500wt_949

I have finally managed to make a start, the VHS videos are going first. I have no idea really about pricing but it seems reasonable to me to get a tenner or so for them? Thoughts?

Collection can be arranged, if you want to avoid postage. I live in the Black Country.

What old shirts do you have mate? I live in Coventry and would be happy to come and collect if we agree terms, etc. ;)

I have just found a bin bag with about fifteen assorted Saints shirts, t-shirts and sweaters. Most seem to be from the 90's onwards, some in good condition, some reasonable.

I'll try and get some photos up in the not too distant future. I have all sorts, magazines, programmes, special edition copies of the echo [lol], mugs, fanzines from bygone days[redstripe, ugly, BS etc].

Good luck BT.

I'd suggest selling items individually as I found the sought after ones I sold a while back went for more than bundles. If you have anything that's sought after it makes it easier for the serious collector to fond it. Don't short change yourself on postage either, every penny counts when things sell cormthe start price.

If you have a particular programme, rare photo, shirt, badge etc I'd recomend mentioning it specifically on the forum too. I had some good additional info from posters and sold quite a few bits to people on here too.

I must admit though that I got a bit fed up listing rentlesy and after a few years of successfully being an eBay trader of other items (making upwards of £60 per unit) I gave up on my programmes fairly quickly and still have a vast majority in boxes around the house.

What I will sY though is that I really would like to see the club open a museum at some time in the near future. Fans like us cod donate our collections and any surplustonrequirement items cod be sold on by the (or the foundation perhaps) towards good causes. Immense they woe have many offers from volunteers willing to undertake the majority of the work. Hernia cod be curator perhaps?

Edited by hamster
Herbie NOT Hernia. Damn iPhone

Good luck BT.

I'd suggest selling items individually as I found the sought after ones I sold a while back went for more than bundles. If you have anything that's sought after it makes it easier for the serious collector to fond it. Don't short change yourself on postage either, every penny counts when things sell cormthe start price.

If you have a particular programme, rare photo, shirt, badge etc I'd recomend mentioning it specifically on the forum too. I had some good additional info from posters and sold quite a few bits to people on here too.

I must admit though that I got a bit fed up listing rentlesy and after a few years of successfully being an eBay trader of other items (making upwards of £60 per unit) I gave up on my programmes fairly quickly and still have a vast majority in boxes around the house.

What I will sY though is that I really would like to see the club open a museum at some time in the near future. Fans like us cod donate our collections and any surplustonrequirement items cod be sold on by the (or the foundation perhaps) towards good causes. Immense they woe have many offers from volunteers willing to undertake the majority of the work. Hernia cod be curator perhaps?

Thanks Hamster, I just want to get rid of a lot of clutter at the moment, then i'll look at listing individually, it's very time consuming though :D

I wouldn't have a clue if anything that I have is rare, is there a website for Saints collectables to cross-check?

Happy to purchase any old shirts you have

http://Www.matchworn.org

Also if you would like to donate to the Kevin Moore benefit fund please read Fridays echo and let me know if your interested!

How exactly does your website work? Do you seriously beg for free signed stuff from players and then sell it on for profit?? Or is it for charity or something?

How exactly does your website work? Do you seriously beg for free signed stuff from players and then sell it on for profit?? Or is it for charity or something?

He actually collects them and is a really nice guy. Think you got the wrong idea there mate. I've sold a couple of my collection to him too. Hoping I don't get skint enough to have to part with anymore though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken pics of all the shirts now, if anyone is interested, please leave your email address and I will send you some pictures.

In total there are about fifteen shirts and other items of clothing.

I was hoping to list them on ebay but I just don't have the time at the moment.