iPhone Apps

hamster

Had me phone a few weeks now and wondering what little gems peole have discovered?

I was very chugged with my new free satnav, it really is slick and accurate

Skips is a must as is Words with friends (Scrabble).

A new one which is brilliant and I'd recommend it to anyone who uses local buses is SotonBus, live times etc

ShopSavvy is okay for bargain hunters, saved me a fiver in Haskins yesterday.

What do you lot recommend for a newcomer, not games please.

A few free apps I love are:

Dragon Dictation

Ringtones - The free version, allowed me to edit a few MP3's into the ring tones I desired for free.

'The Radio' - Exactly as it sounds, a free radio app which lets you kisten while in a WiFi area.

Shazam - Listening to a song and you can't remember/want to know what it is? Use this.

Sky+ - Lets you set a program to record on your sky+ anywhere. Naturally it helps if you are a sky customer first. ;)

Sky Sports Scorecentre - Can't live without it.

As a thought, iPlayer just isn't coming to the iPhone is it? They have it on the iPad, as far as I can tell it was actually available for a short time back in 2008 but it simply isn't coming to the iPhone.

Why? What is the problem? Really, really frustrating.

As a thought, iPlayer just isn't coming to the iPhone is it? They have it on the iPad, as far as I can tell it was actually available for a short time back in 2008 but it simply isn't coming to the iPhone.

Why? What is the problem? Really, really frustrating.

It is on iphone. iplayer is in cydia.

PM Me please if you could let me know how to get free version Tom Tom

You have to Jailbreak the iPhone and install a cracked version of TomTom. It's a great App, but not everyone will be up to / want to do it.

The pick of my Apps: -

Echofon (for Twitter)

TapaTalk

Spending (used for my income/outgoings for work)

Angry Birds (of course)

Sky+ Record

Flixster (movie times, previews, reviews etc)

RadioBox (internet radio on your iPhone - NO FOOTBALL COMMENTARY though)

Sound Hound

Sky Sports Football Score Centre

FL Football

Sky News

Bike Hub

Voucher Cloud

Auto Trader

Right Move

Amazon

eBay

Urban Spoon

Remote

iDisk

AccuWeather

TheTranLine

Cab4Me

Traffic Info

Tube Map

AppBox Pro

DropBox

NatWest

My O2

EDF Energy

Tesco Clubcard

Starbucks

Subway Subcard

BorisBikes

SayNoTo0870

Cydia

Installous

MyWi 4.0

3G Unrestrictor

Where'd you get tomtom? There is only one download source on installulous and it always fails for me.

Torrents, then plop it in iTunes.

I'm using Europe v1.5 at the moment.

That Installous link to v1.6 ALWAYS fails. TBH, as it's about 1.6gb, I can't imagine Installous ever successfully installing it.

I tried to get v1.6 (the latest version) a while ago on torrents but couldn't. v1.5 is fine if you can find it. If you can't and want it, let me know and I could mail it to you.

Essruu, didn't realise you could get apps from torrents then install via itunes, ive always used installous, this is good news. What else do I need to get that to work? Any additional mods to iphone or itunes?

Really impressed with the quality of the FL app - highlights of our games are available quickly and the table updates/scores and text commentary are useful. I would be eternally grateful if the licensing issues were ever resolved to the point that I could listen to our games on the iPhone over here but that's unlikely to happen so I'm simply very happy with the current FL app.

Essruu, didn't realise you could get apps from torrents then install via itunes, ive always used installous, this is good news. What else do I need to get that to work? Any additional mods to iphone or itunes?

This.

There are plenty of torrents out there for tomtom. This gives you the .ipa file. from your desktop/download folder/ wherever you save it to, just drag it into iTunes. This automatically puts it in the Apps section; then sync it. You don't need any additional mods or software.

I've just found v1.6 which I've now got coming down. It's about 2gb though.

Whats that thing called on cydia you have to download in order to be able to sync in itunes with jailbreak? Isn't it called appsync or something? I haven't synced my iphone since jailbreaking it because I assumed itunes would see its jailbroken and format it or something!

Whats that thing called on cydia you have to download in order to be able to sync in itunes with jailbreak? Isn't it called appsync or something? I haven't synced my iphone since jailbreaking it because I assumed itunes would see its jailbroken and format it or something!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that as it's been so long since I started JBing! Add cydia.hackulo.us to your repo sources. AppSync comes from there - although it may well now get installed automatically when Cydia is installed: I seem to recall hearing rumblings that they were going to do that!

Anyway, as long as you have automatic firmware updates switched off, there's no problem in syncing whatsoever.

some useful apps I've found:

Genius Scan - if there is something you want to keep, take a photo and render in pdf (eg. wines for me!)

Task Eater - set tasks to do

Spreadsheet - accounts

SharePrice

Medical info - Medical reference

Chirp - bird songs

Days Out free AA days out guide (not great but free)

Met Office - Weather

Momento - diary

LiveScore - found it's quicker than Sky Football, although it only does the results not the tables

AA Parking - find parking places in towns, great when not familiar in the area

0870 - cheap calls

ShopShop - shopping list

Speller - Dictionary

Sky sports

Football FC - Sky sports football

TV guide

RedLaser - check bar codes of products to see where it's cheaper.

games:

Max

Angry Birds

VTT lite

HarborFree

Cut the Rope

• 2 weeks later...

Any one who needs to track parcels POSTED is a fantastic app. Free version let's you track three. 59p let's you track tons of them. You can track them for hundreds of international services and only put the number in once.