BBC Bias/vendetta

Deppo

The more I think about it, the more I come to the terrifying conclusion that this transcends the BBC.

When was the last time you saw some positive Saints coverage on Channel 4? Channel 5? Dave?

Need I say more. The real, terrible, most potent of questions is: where does this stop?

Benjis right, blimey, I never thought of that. An anti-saints conspiracy throughout the entire uk media, someone should call david icke!!!

Say whatever you like mate, I've already got 10 names to put on the email when I send it (tomorrow). I'm sure by the time it's sent, I'll have a few hundred names - would have been thousands if this thread were left on the main board. And why wouldn't Mark Thompson reply to me? The email isn't aggressive or offensive. I have a valid complaint and he, as the man in charge, is ultimately responsible.

He might reply, but I doubt if you'll get a phone call or a meeting.

This thread reminds me of that Millwall one where this fan, a season ticket holder, phoned the club to reserve the seat for a game (his seat), but the woman at the club said according to their records it was already sold - he couldn't grasp the fact that it was him it was sold to! He apparently went ballistic at them for selling his seat then went on the Millwall forum moaning about the fact they'd sold his seat to someone else. Took him a few days to get it to! That thread went world wide with millions of hits! Could this do the same??

yet more evidence of the BBCs liberla/anti saints bias..... ffs

Deppo,

Thank you for drawing my attention to this blatant bias. Quite frankly they're taking the fu.cking **** and I won't be caught taking it lying down. Like Benji, I'm standing proud behind you ready for the big push.

BBC cun.ts.

Benjis right, blimey, I never thought of that. An anti-saints conspiracy throughout the entire uk media, someone should call david icke!!!

I'm going to watch ITV all day today.

That'll show the BBC we are not to be messed with.

Just cancelled my TV Licence. BBC is a ****ing disgrace.

Exactly. I strongly resent the implication here, mocking the clear and consistent bias against Saints shown by the BBC, all of it orchestrated from the very top. I hear Mark Thompson regularly convenes executives' meetings to work out their anti-Saints strategy. I am with dune - he and others who share his planet-view should withhold their licence fee and tell the licensing authorities that they are doing so. Then we'll really see some changes around here.

Deppo, I'm right behind you. Standing tall and proud and firm.

Thanks to the 7 real fans who dared to show their support on this thread (brave given how quickly some people wish to attack and shoot others down - I guess it's easier to sit on the sidelines and watch) and to the 18 people who sent PMs. I was hoping for more than 25 (well, 26 when you include me) but that's what happens when the admin move the thread off the main board.

Anyway, email to Mark Thompson has been sent about half an hour ago and I await his reply. I did check the BBC site again before sending and it's still reading 0 games since a win, so it's wasn't just a blip of some sort. Will keep you all posted on what he says.

Cheers for the suport fellas.

Deppo, you won't get anywhere with this one, purely because it's not the beeb that is at the heart of this - It's the unions.

Back in the 1960's several camera crews reporting on the still burgeoning live broadcast equipment had been involved in several incidents where untrained news teams had received electrical shocks owing to the levels of moisture at Portsmouth docks. Therefore, Portsmouth crews involved in their local union called for an immediate stop to all news teams reporting from the docks.

To ensure that news stories would not be disrupted by this action, Southern Television (as it was known then) and The BBC both agreed to bring in non-union camera operators and reporters from the newly formed Southampton Communications and United Media company.

This outraged the Portsmouth workers, many of whom lost their jobs and found it difficult to find work for years to come. This air of hostility spilled over in to the regions local football teams, when the 'imported' crews from Southampton being barracked (and in some cases physically struck) by Portsmouth Home fans who labelled them as SCUM Men. When reported in the local paper, either due to a misheard account or misprint, this was written as ‘Scummer’ a pejorative which stands to this day.

This action is still a point of contention in the modern media, shown especially at the sports desk, with only large coverage of Southampton issues being of a negative frame. Even meridian, based in the time as Southampton, were sure to favour Portsmouth (the City and football club) to show they had not forgotten, whilst union members at the BBC ensure that any football highlights are short compared to whatever position the ‘Saints’ hold, and if they do feature a match involving Southampton, the opposition team is mentioned heavily, with little discussion surrounding the Saints.

Hope that helps Deppo. Good Luck anyway!

Deppo, you have me and an army of 10 000 Australian Saints fans from Sydney alone supporting you in this email. You have my sword.

"Pork"? fnaaaarrr fnaarrrrr.

I kicked me facking telly in following the obvious anti saints bias on TFLS on saturday night. Not one mention of us as great or super or anything. That'll learn 'em.

I went on a train journey to Salisbury yesterday. It was a very pleasant excursion not least due to the decent ales available.

On the journey home it occurred to me that to stand by as an observer to the BBC vendetta is tantamount to supporting it. I can't protest by cancelling my tv licence as I haven't got a TV but came up with a very cunning plan.

You know those CCTV cameras on trains, supposedly there for our own safety [sic]? Well going by the amount of channels dedicated to showing this data protection protected [sic] data it is clear that they are there for the tv companies to make money out of us (the paying public) by making monkeys out of us.

Anyway, I stood in the aisle looked the camera square in the lens and gave it the finger. When the dg sees it broadcast I hope he will realise that it was a personal gift from me (and deepio) to him.

Deppo, you also have my sword.

Email response from Mark Thompson arrived late afternoon today:

Dear Mr Deppo,

Thank you for you recent email regarding the BBC website and the Southampton FC pages. I have had members of the Football department look into your complaint, but none of them can see the problem. You say that the BBC are not not recognising Southamptons success, given that the statistics show zero games since a win. What you must understand is that the "zero games since win" statistic does not mean that we are ignoring Southampton FC wins, but that it has been zero games since your team won - in other words, they keep winning! I understand the confusion, and indeed, I have been confused by it myself, until others explained it to me and I am sure you will recognise that we at the BBC are in full support of not only Southampton, but all lower league teams.

Please feel free to contact me again should this matter cause further problems

Yours sincerely

Mark Thompson

Director-General of the BBC

Not sure what I make of that. The last sentence seems a little condescending (about lower league teams)

Having read Mr Thompsons response, I am of the opinion that this vendetta against SFC goes far beyond the BBC, at least as far as Downing Street and possibly globally. Witness the acrimony generated by the Sun, part of murdoch's Newscorp, and the reach of this campaign against us becomes clear. Keep up the good work depps, we are all behind you.

Deppo, he's taking the **** out of you and our club. You probably don't fully appreciate the power and influence this man has.

Personally I'd Nic involved as it would be very easy to cover up an accident involving your good self where as Nico will have the means and funds at his disposal to scare him ****less. What's another couple of million on our 'outstanding loan' figure? Leave it to the pro's mate.

You could always post his number on the forum and we could send him loads of lingerie catalogues though. Have you considered putting his mug on http://www.punchacelebrity.com ?

Dear Mr Deppo,

Thank you for you recent email regarding the BBC website and the Southampton FC pages. I have had members of the Football department look into your complaint, but none of them can see the problem. You say that the BBC are not not recognising Southamptons success, given that the statistics show zero games since a win. What you must understand is that the "zero games since win" statistic does not mean that we are ignoring Southampton FC wins, but that it has been zero games since your team won - in other words, they keep winning! I understand the confusion, and indeed, I have been confused by it myself, until others explained it to me and I am sure you will recognise that we at the BBC are in full support of not only Southampton, but all lower league teams.

Yours sincerely

Mark Thompson

Not sure what I make of that. The last sentence seems a little condescending (about lower league teams)

What Mark Thompson has failed to acknowledge is that (I expect, although I can't be arsed to look) the table now reads that it is one game since we won. Talk about rubbing it in. Its like they only want to talk about us losing. Couple this fact with his patronising 'lower league team' comment and I think he's banged to rights.

It is definately a fackin' conspiracy.

BBC Cu.nts.

And now they've changed it back again (probably).

Utter, utter conspiring base-tards.

Straightforward evidence right there in black and white that the bbc and all other uk media is controlled by Illuminati lizards.

Dear Mr Deppo,

Yours sincerely

Mark Thompson

Hard to believe that's really a letter from the Director-General of the BBC. Two glaring errors in the third sentence! Surely his secretary would be more literate than that!

Hard to believe that's really a letter from the Director-General of the BBC. Two glaring errors in the third sentence! Surely his secretary would be more literate than that!

Even more reason to be disgusted with the BBC. Their vendetta against Southampton is bad enough, but they compound the insult by sending poorly constructed letters to people who complain.