AFC wimbledon

Tom8558

Was born in Kingston moved (further) down south when I was very young, I watched WFC's demise and have followed AFC since their Ryman League days. I'm absolutely thrilled for them, it was one of the tensest games of football I've ever watched.

The keeper that saved the Luton penalties (and admittedly should have conceded a penalty in extra time) was a Wimbledon FC fan, trained with their youth team, their parents had season tickets at Plough Lane. It's a brilliant story.

Oh and my ex is a Luton Town fan, so it was brilliant for that alone!

wimbledons chief exec was on the radio yesterday saying how he is so thrilled at the club..

he was one of the original fans who helped set up the club...he used to idolise players like markus gayle.....who is no reserve team manager and calls said chief exec "boss"....

they have not raised the price of u16s entrance fee since they started.. £2 to get in..

wimbledons chief exec was on the radio yesterday saying how he is so thrilled at the club..

he was one of the original fans who helped set up the club...he used to idolise players like markus gayle.....who is no reserve team manager and calls said chief exec "boss"....

they have not raised the price of u16s entrance fee since they started.. £2 to get in..

When they were in the Combined Counties League, they brought so many fans to one ground they earned enough money to built a new stand. Incredible - especially after the FA said forming a phoenix club would not be in the greater interests of football.

When they were in the Combined Counties League, they brought so many fans to one ground they earned enough money to built a new stand. Incredible - especially after the FA said forming a phoenix club would not be in the greater interests of football.

Another ridiculous comment made from the bastions of football government in this country.

Still, at least they're not as stupid as the world governing body...

MK Should drop the Dons tag and just Become Milton Keyes, and AFC Wimbedon should just be Wimbledon. After all they were given the FA 1988 on their honors as MK Dons wanted them. I think that victory just shows who the real club are. Have been looking forward to the day when Wimbledon catch and overtake Milton Keynes. Even though they are a league off I think they may struggle next season while Milton Keynes will be pushing for promotion again.

It was Bride free kick that made it 2-0 at the Dell and sank them out of the top flight!

Yeah, speaking to Wimbledon fans they're not best pleased with us, especially after Dellhurst. They said we weren't, let's say dignified, towards them. But that was then, this is now. I'm moving to W4 soon so I'll try and get to one or two of their games in absence of my first love!

I am pleased for them and I think the football league are better off without Luton. Their fans are right c*nts

Agree. Fans are c^nts, their town is a cesspit,and above all I remember their dreadful synthetic pitch, ban on away fans and a 2-1 defeat there in c1987 when that c^nt Foster played for them.

there should be three up and three down from L2/conference. it is ridiculous that Luton are in the conference.

Yes, Bedfordshire League would be better.

I think they'll have a decent chance in league 2 next season which is a fairly poor division that has 4 teams promoted from, they'll get 4-5k crowds which is more than several teams in that league and Stevenage have shown what can be done.

AFC Wimbledon should be in the same south east regional group for jpt as mk dons so there is a. Chance they could meet then.

Any higher than league one will be beyond them unless they can expand ground,, ironically AFC have not been good for kingstonian whose ground they bought.

Hopefully we get them in carling cup.

there should be three up and three down from L2/conference. it is ridiculous that Luton are in the conference.

What is the reason why 4 teams go up from league 2 but only 2 go down? I can see that the 2 relegated spots are maybe trying to protect the clubs finanacially from dropping out of the football league or to protect the brand but these are only guesses. As for 4 going up, can someone please help me there?

What is the reason why 4 teams go up from league 2 but only 2 go down? I can see that the 2 relegated spots are maybe trying to protect the clubs finanacially from dropping out of the football league or to protect the brand but these are only guesses. As for 4 going up, can someone please help me there?

It's kind of a weird situation as whilst only 2 relegation spots minimises the chances of relegation, it also hinders clubs a chance of returning with only 2 promotion spots. 3 would be about right... anyway, looking at the Conference these days is weird - it's like a mishmash of L1/L2 clubs and regional league clubs :-o

Luton are my hometown team so I went to the final yesterday. It's tragic what's happened to that town. I know of families who've been there for generations and they've been driven out. You can say what you like about their fans but they take superb support away from home given the position they're in. The 30 point deduction a few years ago was an absolute joke! I'm sure there would have been more Luton at Eastlands had it not been for rip-off ticket prices. Tickets were only available from seetickets.com and were subject to a £4 booking fee. £40 for a conference play off is a disgrace. Especially when you can get a ticket for the NPC playoff for £26. Had the game been played at a London stadium like White Hart lane it would have been packed and neither set of fans would have had to pay between £50 - £100 to get to Manchester.

Chuffed for AFC Wimbledon as an old school friend is related to Dave Bassett and as a kid I had some good days out at Plough Lane. AFC are a great model for fan run clubs. My local team, Chester, can learn a lot from AFC's rise to the league.

MK Should drop the Dons tag and just Become Milton Keyes, and AFC Wimbedon should just be Wimbledon. After all they were given the FA 1988 on their honors as MK Dons wanted them. I think that victory just shows who the real club are. Have been looking forward to the day when Wimbledon catch and overtake Milton Keynes. Even though they are a league off I think they may struggle next season while Milton Keynes will be pushing for promotion again.

It was Bride free kick that made it 2-0 at the Dell and sank them out of the top flight![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Pahars scored the second goal

It was Bride free kick that made it 2-0 at the Dell and sank them out of the top flight![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Pahars scored the second goal

yeah it was, Bridge got the first one at the Milton end.

Agree. Fans are c^nts, their town is a cesspit,and above all I remember their dreadful synthetic pitch, ban on away fans and a 2-1 defeat there in c1987 when that c^nt Foster played for them.

Yes, Bedfordshire League would be better.

Very harsh IMHO. No club has ever been treated as bad as Wimbledon, but Luton came close. Whole new regime there, trying to run the club the right way and thought they were doing the honest thng by volunteering information to the League about the previous regime's rule breaking. Got battered with a -30 points deduction for their trouble. I was at the JPT final in 2009 (luton v scunny) when Malwhinney met the players. Never heard such genuine hate for one man at a match before and it was 100% justified, as all Saints fans know too.

Edited by Bucks Saint
fingers too long