Whatever

Talk Tonight

Rockin' Chair

Dont Look Back in Anger

Champagne Supernova

Live Forever

Edited by Turkish

Supersonic

Great memories of that song. Used to go down the local, before ordering a pint put that on the jukebox and then, just as the drums crash in order a tall cold one. The weekend had begun!!!

Good times.:D

Whatever one they were playing when that bloke ran on the stage in Canada and hit Noel.

The only sad thing about it was he didn't smack Liam as well before sticking his hand down his throat and ripping out his ****ing voicebox.

At the risk of offending everyone in the world, ever, I consider their work the offering of arrogant northern cretins to a generation of sheep incapable of forming their own tastes. Maybe I'm harbouring some residual annoyance at watching everyone I knew jump on the Brit Pop bandwagon because it was the done thing. I hated it all, for the same reason.

That said, I've always found that one about "people who don't like water" quite catchy!!

The thing with Oasis is they set out to be like the Beatles and failed pretty badly. Nearly all of the suggestions here are from their first two albums. Loads of bands have managed a couple of good albums. You might not like the Beatles, but most of their famous stuff was released between 1963 and 1970, just 7 years and think of how many famous and classic songs and albums there are. That's the same a band being formed in 2004 and breaking up now, it's a pretty short time with a massive output (about 12 albums in 7 years).

Oasis were going for 18 years, 15 after their first single and put out (I think) 7 albums, of which only the first couple were in any way classic. A good band that utterly failed to be what they wanted to be. I always thought they ran out of ideas and inspiration very early. An all time great debut though.

Oasis were going for 18 years, 15 after their first single and put out (I think) 7 albums, of which only the first couple were in any way classic. A good band that utterly failed to be what they wanted to be. I always thought they ran out of ideas and inspiration very early. An all time great debut though.

Agree, the first 2 albums were fantastic, and I much preferred Oasis to Blur's mockney estuarine accented pretension, might have something to do with living at this end of the country. After Morning Glory they went all 'look at us, we're important rock stars', and completely lost their edge, but I do think 'The Importance of Being Idle' was a brilliant swansong.

The thing with Oasis is they set out to be like the Beatles and failed pretty badly. Nearly all of the suggestions here are from their first two albums. Loads of bands have managed a couple of good albums. You might not like the Beatles, but most of their famous stuff was released between 1963 and 1970, just 7 years and think of how many famous and classic songs and albums there are. That's the same a band being formed in 2004 and breaking up now, it's a pretty short time with a massive output (about 12 albums in 7 years).

Agree that after their first two albums the following ones were never as good, but the first two were arguably up there in the top 10 or 20 albums of all time, hell of a lot to live up to. Definitely Maybe is almost flawless and What's the Story is absolutely brilliant. The following albums whilst not as good have some great songs on them, some weak ones as well but people forget about those and always say "they weren't as good as the first two albums". In fact, The Masterplan, which was an album of B sides, is also a superb album. IMO they've produces 3 great albums and a number of great singles.

These songs are superb but were on albums which were criticised for not being as good as the first two

F*ckin' in the Bushes

Go Let it out

Gas Panic

Where did it all go wrong?

Sunday Morning call

The Hindu Times

Stop Crying your heart out

Little By Little

Turn Up the Sun

Mucky Fingers

The Importance of Being Idle

Lord Dont Slow Me Down

The Shock of the Lightening

Did anyone watch the programme on BBC 4 last night about Bert Bacharach, in it Noel Gallagher admitted that he copied "Half the world away", stright from Bacharach's "This Guys in Love with you".

It wasn't that he had this tune and it sounded like "This guy's in love" but that he admitted setting out to copy the tune from the off. To me that's always been Oasis' problem, there's only so many Beatles and other's riffs and melodies that they can copy and change slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite band by a distance.

Seriously can't choose my favourite, but my top 10 are:

Slide away

Live forever

All around the world

Some might say

Whatever

Roll with it

Stand by me

Stop crying your heart out

Little by little