Looking for warehouse/hall

Pilchards

I'm looking to move my martial arts club to another level now, I would love help from anyone who knows of a old building or a warehouse they know of that I can turn into a dojang.

I would be able to do the whole place up and make it look top notch on the outside and inside.

Please could anyone ask a mate etc that might have a place but does not use it now as it's in tatters.

To get good rent for nothing is a bonus today!

I'm looking for Salisbury, Romsey parts of the Southampton area.

cheers.

Pilch, have you considered having a temp dojo? Maybe hold a session in different areas on different evenings ?

Does your equipment have to be permanently fixed or could you set it up and removeit after a session?

Do you need just a wooden floor or are mats involved?

I doubt the place I have in mind would be suitable but very much depend on the above q's.

Cheers guys for the help so far!

I would love a place in Romsey. At the moment have teach in leisure centres but now I want a permanent home by setting up my dojo with mats and punchbags.

Like I said, I would decorate a place up if it had the space inside that I wanted.

Pilch, is that a no to temp accommodation then mate?

You might want to take a look at the venue I have in mind though, it's quite versatile, good parking, accessible and may be quite competitive price-wise.

Will you be using the warehouse/hall to train your students for good or evil? If it's for good, I'd go with a hall. But a warehouse would definitely be more suitable as a compound for evil, plus there will probably be more room for henchmen. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

You might want to take a look at the venue I have in mind though, it's quite versatile, good parking, accessible and may be quite competitive price-wise.

Problem is the mats.

They are jigsaw mats and everytime you put them down and up again it's wears them more.

Also putting the mats out myself will take time unless a leisure does it for you.

that's the obstacles and that's why I'm looking for a home really.

Will you be using the warehouse/hall to train your students for good or evil? If it's for good, I'd go with a hall. But a warehouse would definitely be more suitable as a compound for evil, plus there will probably be more room for henchmen. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

It's both m8.

The idea is family one night and Olympic sparring the next!

What else is this place used for?

Multiple activities. Too many to list. It's primarily the dining hallmat a day centre, we're looking at new income streams, not to profiteer just to make ourselves more accountable and hopefully one day self sufficient.

Tbh, it's probably not suited now you've explained your needs more but bear it in mind if ever you're really stuck.

Btw, evenings and every/most weekends you'd have sole use probably with just myself as key-holder there.

why not try Pirrie Park Bowling Club in upper shirley?

i know that apart from the club house they have a seperate pavillion that is used by a pre school during the day and a rifle club one night a week, might be worth a peek im sure it wouldnt be expensive

if not talk to Dave at tvjujitsu im not sure on the whole situation there but know he teaches on fridays in Romsey

Thanks guys for your help!

I do have a few brriers and that's locations too, I must keep 3 miles away from my masters teaching area as a mark of respect.

Shirley is a cracking area and I even was offered a place in freemantle BUT too close to the avenue.

Going for a drive around today to spot some old building that need working on.

I spotted the hall next to the AFC Totton football ground by it's getting knocked down for houses!

I do have a few barriers and that's locations too, I must keep 3 miles away from my masters teaching area as a mark of respect.

Show him that you are now the master by moving into the same building as him. If he challenges you, say to him, "At last, the circle is complete. When I left you I was but the learner; now I am the master!" and strike him down.

Show him that you are now the master by moving into the same building as him. If he challenges you, say to him, "At last, the circle is complete. When I left you I was but the learner; now I am the master!" and strike him down.

I will try that BUT if it fails can you back me up?!