The Official Unofficial Glastonbury 2013 Thread

swannymere

Thinking of doing Exit in Serbia next year, anyone been?

Oh, and Pyramid headliners will be:

Lady Gaga (Will be absolutely huge by then, needs to counter-balance the other two headliners)

Metallica (Said they would love to play Glastonbury, Eavis is branching out genre-wise with the addition of more hip-hop and metal to the festival)

The Rolling Stones (Seemingly un-bookable, but I reckon they'll close the festival in 2013 - if they're not all dead by then that is)

I have registered but knowing my luck, I will be away when the tickets go on sale.....

when are they likely to go on sale..?

deffo see lady gaga headlining

other possibles

muse

radiohead

arctic monkeys

metallica

stones would be imense

maybe blur for another go..

I have registered but knowing my luck, I will be away when the tickets go on sale.....

when are they likely to go on sale..?

deffo see lady gaga headlining

other possibles

muse

radiohead

arctic monkeys

metallica

stones would be imense

maybe blur for another go..

October 2012 will be when you can book your ticket. You can either pay a deposit or the whole lot. Balances are normally due around Feb time if I recall.

Sorry to hear that - hope you managed to have a nice time for the rest of it even so.

I think you've misunderstood him. By "destryoyed" I think he means they were really good.

Saying that I think they're one of those bands that smashes their instruments up at the end, which I think is a waste.

I think you've misunderstood him. By "destryoyed" I think he means they were really good.

Saying that I think they're one of those bands that smashes their instruments up at the end, which I think is a waste.

TBH I sort of wish they'd smashed them up at the beginning of their set so could have got across to see Kool & The Gang instead.

• 1 year later...

Bump!

Like DP said in the other thread, tickets on sale on October 7th. Can't wait!

Based on new information from prospective headlining acts I reckon we could see any of these:

Lady Gaga (New album due out this year and will go on a world tour)

Arcade Fire (New album out in 2013, will be doing the festivals that summer)

Rolling Stones (Playing together this Autumn - will probably do a smattering of festivals)

Blur (New material out now and will probably do a few festivals next year)

Fleetwood Mac (Original line-up will be gigging together soon)

Stone Roses (Recently reunited and will probably do a few festivals for the cash)

Radiohead (Will have new stuff out by then and haven't played Glasto properly in a while - discounting the secret set at The Park)

Edited by SuperMikey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] Network Error (tcp_error)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] A communication error occurred: "" [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Love hate day

After 1hr 42 mins I get onto the holding site. This will automatically try again in one minute

Kah Boom back to error message

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by dubai_phil

I couldn't care less who's headlining. I just want to be there.

This sums up what I hate about most current festivals and Glasto in particular. I never understand the idea of going to a music festival for the vibe or whatever. I go to see music. If bands I like are playing I want to go and if they're not then i don't. Why pay £200 quid to sleep in a tent just for the atmosphere?

This sums up what I hate about most current festivals and Glasto in particular. I never understand the idea of going to a music festival for the vibe or whatever. I go to see music. If bands I like are playing I want to go and if they're not then i don't. Why pay £200 quid to sleep in a tent just for the atmosphere?

Actually totally agree with that. Mates go to different festivals from InDorset to Bestival to Reading.

IF I lived in the UK still then there is no doubt I would want to do the same.

But for us from this plastic soul-less monstrosity that is Dubai, it is the "atmosphere" that we want. The Medieval conditions, the chance to sit and sip tea with Greenpeace activists, to spend a couple of hours ambling round the craft stalls, watching the Village Disco in a field, have a stinky crap, not wash for 4 days - for us it is like an enema for the soul that washes out all the B**s of this Monument to Modern Excess that is Dubai & (most) of the people here.

Add to that the fact it costs us 600 quid each for the flight before we worry about the tickets and the cost of being there, so for us, we need more from the weekend.

When it comes to listening to music, we don't need to travel as we do get great gigs here (Megadeath Daughtry & Razorlight at a two day event next week with no mud and flushing loos)

Maybe they should keep Glasto for us foreigners - it'd still sell out in under two hours and we could all pay the carbon taxes to save the planet.

Let the Brits go to proper Music Fests, you don't need atmosphere & culture you have that all around you every day of the week.

So glad that I managed to get some tickets. Not been since 2009. Wasn't having much luck for over an hour and then went on a lucky streak and managed to get in 4 times to get tickets for most of my mates too.

To those who didn't get them, there is still April. Good luck.

With other festivals I do agree with you but I think Glasto is just a bit different. I couldn't care less who was playing, I know I will have fun regardless.

With other festivals I do agree with you but I think Glasto is just a bit different. I couldn't care less who was playing, I know I will have fun regardless.

I don't think any current festivals can hold a candle to Glastonbury for atmosphere, if you've never been then you'll never understand.

I don't think any current festivals can hold a candle to Glastonbury for atmosphere, if you've never been then you'll never understand.

I think the only other event that comes close is burning man. A fair number of my mates have been the last few years and only have good things to say about it.

Because Glastonbury is worth £200 "just for the atmosphere". Infact, it's priceless.

Didn't get tickets yesterday. Only just taken the noose off my neck.

Didn't get them first time in 11 either, so got to hold out for the resale.

Just goes to show how random it is. I missed out on 2011 which made this year all the more important.

Had no problems this year, got two tickets. Then rang a mate who was trying who and having no luck, logged back in and got two for him as well.

ahr...nostalgi.. not been back since 1990 - £58 it cost then... nice hot dry weather, girl friend in small tent, bloke selling toilet roll for £5 a roll (with plenty of takers), not many for the vegan samosas mind - but still remember the headache from the fricken mulled cider - best not consumed in large quantities in 30 C heat followed by some good quality.... James were good, as were primal scream... and the legend that is Roy harper in the Acoustic Tent as it was then.... thems was the days

• 5 months later...

Not that bothered with the Headliners on the Pyramid, Arctic Monkeys (overhyped ****e), Rolling Stones (Should watch them before they expire), Mumford & Sons (not my cup of tea) against the stand out Chase & Status on the Other stage on Saturday Night, also Elvis Costello, Chic Ft. Nile Rogers, Public Enemy, Seasick Steve, Dinosaur Jr. and The Lumineers appeal. John Peel Stage looks better than the others.

Haven't got a ticket so not going massively in depth yet, but it looks pretty decent. Pyramid Stage a bit sh!te but there's plenty elsewhere to see so no bother there. Would probably go and see First Aid Kit, Elvis Costello and The Rolling Stones out of that lot.

What catches my eye is stuff like Nas, Simian Mobile Disco, The Hives, Smashing Pumpkins, Daughter, Local Natives, Public Enemy, Frightened Rabbit, Major Lazer, AlunaGeorge and of course the mighty Phoenix.

Roll on April 21st!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus Christ - are you selling them on or something Swanny!? What market stall is that for?

I'm getting very excited now, been looking through forums and the photos of the site on the website. Can't believe the last one was 2 years ago - how have we survived!?

Sorry, none for sale, we're actually short some tickets. I usually work for one of the wholesalers on site, not doing it this year but i'm going down this Friday to set up our caravans and work area and then returning the Monday after the festival for the staff parties. Ghost Chilli Vodka is ready after maturing for 6 months :scared:

Was at the site on Friday, a few changes (tweaks really) to the layout noticeably around the main meeting point and where the Leftfield stage used to be, it's moved to near Rose & Crown? (near to where the Orange recharge tent used to be).

They've gone health and safety mental so be prepared for all the site workers to be ****ed off and all the stewards to be jumped up little Hitlers. Ground was rock hard and even had cracks forming in the backstage area between The Pyramid and The Other stage, so the ground will absorb any rain but might take a while to drain.

Sorry for the lack of photos but i honestly couldn't be arsed. Anyone going have a great time and if you get in serious trouble and nobody else can help PM me here and i might be able to arrange help.

Sunday night there's nobody scheduled for the headline slot, it's not really a "special guest" slot - more an unannounced act. People seem to think it might be Franz Ferdinand. I think there might be one or two slots that haven't been allocated for anyone yet on the Other Stage early on in the day (11ish), so that might be where some special guests are appearing this year.

Absolutely buzzing now, just done my clashfinder for this year too. Friday looks pretty hectic (Swim Deep, Half Moon Run, Peace, Local Natives, Palma Violets, Foals, Crystal Castles, Rustie), Saturday a lot more chilled out (Dry The River, Toy, Elvis Costello, Primal Scream, Rolling Stones) and Sunday very chilled out indeed (First Aid Kit, Vampire Weekend, Phoenix and a few mid-afternoon DJ sets on the Sonic stage).