why this place is dying

patred44

This site is now really only for kids as you are not allowed to swear not allowed to talk about bewbs, When are we going to get a site that is FREE and not run by people who think that running an utter sh it site like this is somehow going to get them on the board of SFC, BRING BACK THE LEGG and S4E.

Or alternatively, go and find somewhere else or start your own forum which will suit your own particular tastes.

The reason it's supposedly 'dying' is because of drama queens (see some of the posts in the above threads) threating that we haven't signed anyone yet when pre-season training only started today. 'Lack of intent' my arse, we've just bid £3 million for a player and Nigel and Nicola will obviously be looking for players to improve the team. We're looking to sign the right players not any old sh*t.

Get a grip FFS.

This place is always sh*t during the summer. No football to discuss.

I feel the frustration in me steadily at the lack of news coming out of SMS about our intent for next season.

Thank god for that, normal service is resumed!!!! ;-) Where have you been Alps we hardly ever see you on here anymore?

To be honest though, I'm just starting to get a bit concerned too. I love the fact there are no rumours/ITK posters anymore (does give confidence about the professionalism of the club), but I expected something by now. Will wait for a couple of weeks into July though before actually thinking there is an issue.

SUrely the reason this pace is "dying" is because there is simply no football? As such, there is little to talk about - transfer dealings are shrouded in secrecy, and as such on both counts frustration mounts - hence the slanging matches that even a lurker like me can't seem to escape from. When we can go back to having an opinion on whether "he should have scored that one on one", or "should Nige play a 442/433", I think it'll be revitalised. Shutting up now.

Exactly. Not that surprising that a football forum should be a bit quiet during the closed season and that the lack of chat about football should be replaced with bickering and nit-picking.

There's no Rupert lowe or Mike Wilde any more. We have become almost a normal club. Hence there's not a lot to moan about anymore.

Bring back Rupert and call me Mike and this place would be buzzing again.

The forum needs that kind of lighthearted threads. I come on here everyday, but loads of the threads just turn into squabbling !

It's still available, just go to the muppet show to see it. It was moved so those who come on here for 5 minutes to catch up on what's been happening can do so without wasting their time on threads like that.

We should all know by now this is not the place for humour and lightheartedness. This is the place for serious football talk and liberal elitism. Rule are rule, you know what happens if you dont toe the line.

I see the whining minority have got there own way again on here, and had this lighthearted thread moved.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30979-nice-signing

Okay, so it was a "lighthearted thread". But that is the purpose of the muppet forum, hence why it was moved there.

You deliberately tried to mislead people with the thread title "Nice Signing". If the main forum was flooded with people like that, this place really would die as the main forum would be a mess.

Edited by Matthew Le God

By far the biggest problem are the wannabe mods, we all know who they are...

Trolls and WUMS are inevitable and can even add life to the site, except there are always suckers who take them far too seriously and the thread gets totally derailed.

An area where mods can do more is when a decent thread degenerates into a private slanging match between a couple of drama queens, tell 'em to take it outside!

It was a sh*t, derivative thread (not the first time, someone's defaced a wiki page), so deserved the fate it got. Sounds like the OP's dressing up sour grapes as some kind of righteous if bogus cause.

IMO the forum has got funnier over the past month (though perhaps not intentionally). Been quite funny to watch posters tear pieces out of each other and some act like knobheads -big chafed, reddened ones- as the boredom, antsiness and p ri ck ly heat of the summer break has tightened its grip.

Edited by shurlock
damn automatic moderators

The only real problem with this forum is that every thread is dominated by the same moronic posters - a post cap per thread would be good otherwise they tend to get hijacked by the MLG's and Hypo's of the world! I'm all for free speech but you can tell what they will say before they post and they create pointless point scoring threads.

Contradiction !

I think the site is thriving not dying. If it was so useless it would die from lack of members and posts. Search around and you'll find far worse sites and the corpses of other sites.

I have been posting on this site and its predecessors (from which the current site evolved), for about 10 years and love it now as much as when it started.

I don't think the site is dying.

The deppo banning was unnecessary and we lost (well apparently he's gone) a decent poster. I feared that as a result of that the site could go downhill.

However, a number of people who previously did not post had something to say. I've noticed a number of posts recently from people who I've never previously noticed.

For someone like me who on the whole would rather read than get involved, this is still a decent site.

The one thing that has made the site less interesting is the lack of genuine itk people giving us the heads up on football matters. I suspect that has more to do with the club doing it's business in private rather than anything else though.

I see the whining minority have got there own way again on here, and had this lighthearted thread moved.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30979-nice-signing

I despair of some on here.

Only last week I renewed my membership on here, had this happened before that I definately wouldn't have wanted to

To the administrators on here, get a life and stop cow tailing to few who have no sense of humour.. The last few weeks there has been less and less threads on here, maybe you should start to ask those whiners to start a few instead of whinging and whining about others that are encouraging conversation.

I don't give a rat's ass if this leads to my being censored in any way, but if you do over this, I will know you want this place not to be for the ordinary joe, but for those who think they are above the usual banter and humour of a NORMAL fans forum..

I will be just another figure amongst all those who don't come on here anymore, because of the snooty attitude of few that are want-a-be censors on this forum.

IMO anyone who pays a fiver to post here is a mug. This forum is very poor, and the majority of posters who claim to be adults are seriously deluded at best, and certifiably insane at worst. There are far better Saints forums out there with intelligent clinically sane posters who are capable of sensible discussion and humourous banter, and don't wet their man nappies at the slightest hint of a Wikipedia rumour. Three posts a day at this retard asylum is more than enough for me.

IMO anyone who pays a fiver to post here is a mug. This forum is very poor, and the majority of posters who claim to be adults are seriously deluded at best, and certifiably insane at worst. There are far better Saints forums out there with intelligent clinically sane posters who are capable of sensible discussion and humourous banter, and don't wet their man nappies at the slightest hint of a Wikipedia rumour. Three posts a day at this retard asylum is more than enough for me.

I am glad you only post three times because I could not take anymore

My personal view is that the site suffers quality wise when news is slow as others have mentioned. The other point to note is that the amount of vitriol we get on the forum is directly proportional to the performance of the team, eg we are on winning run all fine - concede a sloppy goal end of the world.

I must admit I am looking forward to the polarised views on the new kits, complaints about the new beer, Alpine's 'Centre Back watch', NickG's form table after one game, Dalek's insight on our failure to re-appoint Hoddle and Dubai Phil's continuing demise in to a nun fancying alchy on matchdays with renewed vigour this season.

One thing for sure, a huge number of posters will hark back to the good old days of S4E and how it was on here - and a huge number of new members will find a welcome here and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

By far the biggest problem are the wannabe mods, we all know who they are...

Trolls and WUMS are inevitable and can even add life to the site, except there are always suckers who take them far too seriously and the thread gets totally derailed.

An area where mods can do more is when a decent thread degenerates into a private slanging match between a couple of drama queens, tell 'em to take it outside!

'The Car Park' sub-forum has a ring to it!

The only real problem with this forum is that every thread is dominated by the same moronic posters - a post cap per thread would be good otherwise they tend to get hijacked by the MLG's and Hypo's of the world! I'm all for free speech but you can tell what they will say before they post and they create pointless point scoring threads.

Can we exempt the 'let's all laugh at the Pompey takeovers' thread from this, though, please

My personal view is that the site suffers quality wise when news is slow as others have mentioned. The other point to note is that the amount of vitriol we get on the forum is directly proportional to the performance of the team, eg we are on winning run all fine - concede a sloppy goal end of the world.

I must admit I am looking forward to the polarised views on the new kits, complaints about the new beer, Alpine's 'Centre Back watch', NickG's form table after one game, Dalek's insight on our failure to re-appoint Hoddle and Dubai Phil's continuing demise in to a nun fancying alchy on matchdays with renewed vigour this season.

One thing for sure, a huge number of posters will hark back to the good old days of S4E and how it was on here - and a huge number of new members will find a welcome here and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Don't forget the bullfrogs :)

Thanks...one of the few times anyone has made a positive comment on my 'the truth about 2004 campaign'. I may think about winding down the campaign this season as I appear to be getting nowhere and many people would rather forget their part in the whole embarassing affair. After all how must it feel to have helped bring about the downfall of our club.

As for S4E, this is the site from which it evolved. 'The original and the best' well almost !

Thanks...one of the few times anyone has made a positive comment on my 'the truth about 2004 campaign'. I may think about winding down the campaign this season as I appear to be getting nowhere and many people would rather forget their part in the whole embarassing affair. After all how must it feel to have helped bring about the downfall of our club.

As for S4E, this is the site from which it evolved. 'The original and the best' well almost !

I think the campaigns still got some legs in it Dalek, you'll get the last laugh when he's reappointed, just think of it like that...

(pay no attention to the fact that the GHA has left spain and bolted itself onto Hyde, he's slowly coming home!)

I didn't move it because it was a lighthearted amusing post, I moved it because it looked like we'd signed someone from the title. That fact alone could have started arguments, so I stopped them before they started.

It's still there to talk about if someone wants to, but it's exactly where it deserves to be.

This site is now really only for kids as you are not allowed to swear not allowed to talk about bewbs, When are we going to get a site that is FREE and not run by people who think that running an utter sh it site like this is somehow going to get them on the board of SFC, BRING BACK THE LEGG and S4E.

So ;ets work this out, you'd prefer a forum in which the literary skills of the writer are sufficient to construct sentences with no verb and at least four dissimilar expletives e.g. " You moronic ******* ****** **** the ***** off"?

As a relative outsider i'd say personally i think this site is largely full of over serious geeks who really need to get a life (with a few exceptions) the kind of people that epitomse the post sky generation of football fan, who can't take banter and basically to up themselves.

Just look at the way people jump on spelling, are beyond pedantry about saints/football in general, take the internet way to seriously and seem to position themselves as pantomime characters (complete with massive over reactions about football/terrace culture).

The Ugly is more of the old style fan, funny, probably slightly offensive to some and knowledgeable (and more importantly realistic) about the game.

BUT

this place does have the Skate thread and is pretty good at picking up on stories from within the club.

As a relative outsider i'd say personally i think this site is largely full of over serious geeks who really need to get a life (with a few exceptions) the kind of people that epitomse the post sky generation of football fan, who can't take banter and basically to up themselves.

Just look at the way people jump on spelling, are beyond pedantry about saints/football in general, take the internet way to seriously and seem to position themselves as pantomime characters (complete with massive over reactions about football/terrace culture).

The Ugly is more of the old style fan, funny, probably slightly offensive to some and knowledgeable (and more importantly realistic) about the game.

BUT

this place does have the Skate thread and is pretty good at picking up on stories from within the club.

As an over-serious spelling and grammar nazi and pedantic geek who needs to get a life, I'd like to point out that I've been watching football since 1973, so your "epitomise the post-Sky generation" thing is significantly wide of the mark in this case.

BUT

read with interest. I haven't visited the Ugly for quite a while. However, i remember it as being rather dull and pedestrian.

This place entertains me..that is all i ask.

I don't know any of you but a do feel an affiliation with this 'community' which i think it is....a 'community'

Everyone on here has something to offer,be it boring,annoying or just plain pedantic wind up merchant stuff.

Each has our own opinion,which makes it great,imo.

I genuinely thankyou all for making things seem a liitle more rosey during dire times.

If i could afford it i would by you all a pint.....but i can't ...so i won't.

I do not regeret finding this place one iota.

Sometimes i need a pick me up,i can be assured of coming on here and finding some absolutely brilliant wide ranging views on everything under the sun.

Take a step back one second and see what we have...something bloody marvellous.

We may all be seperate entities on an internet forum,but we all have someting in common...we love SFC.The world would be a boring place if wee were all the same.

It 'aint so bad,imo.

Edited by saint lard

I don't know any of you but a do feel an affiliation with this 'community' which i think it is....a 'community'

Everyone on here has something to offer,be it boring,annoying or just plain pedantic wind up merchant stuff.

I genuinely thankyou all for making things seem a liitle more rosey during dire times.

Sometimes i need a pick me up,i can be assured of coming on here and finding some absolutely brilliant wide ranging views on everything under the sun.

We may all be seperate entities on an internet forum,but we all have someting in common...we love SFC.

It 'aint so bad,imo.

Agreed. After my very recent post, went and visited 'The Ugly' forum. Better than it was, but this place is much better and does feel like a community.

Long may it continue and thanks to all that give their time to keep it running.

We may all be seperate entities on an internet forum,but we all have someting in common...we love SFC.The world would be a boring place if wee were all the same.

It 'aint so bad,imo.

Post of the thread for me.

Look at meeeeeeeeeee

Look at meeeeeeeeeee,

From my head, to my toes,

Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeee,

I'm a star,

Make you laugh,

I'm the centre of attention

look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Don't look there,

That's no fair,

I'm the one

That has shone

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE oh EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE oh EEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Look at me.

The lack of news has nothing to do with things getting worse. It's the behaviour of certain forum members who think, and act like they run the place. You either agree with them or be ridiculed. These people don't possess the interlect to enter a sensible discussion, listen to others views and hold sensible conversations. They're only interested in bullying people who don't share their views. The whole point of a forum is to share views and opinions, not suffer abuse from idiots who think they know best.

I wonder who will be the first person to quote this post and add a load of abuse, thus proving my point.

I post on the Englandfans forum and there is a group of 20 or so who are a bit cliquey, all meet up for a love in at games and if you dare disagree with one of them all hell breaks lose. This forum is alot of things, great and bad, but i've never found it cliquey, and I like that.

This forum is not dying! You only have to visit any of the other Saints forums to witness much worse than this.

The only problem is there is no news.......nothing....for weeks.......... its unsurprising there are so few threads and those that are started may be somewhat "questionable"! I've been so bored I even managed to get all the way through one of David in Swedens threads and actually quite enjoyed it!

I also don't think there is too much issue with the mods, or get why the big deal the thread was moved to the muppet show. You can still comment and read it.

I miss Deppo a bit, but bizarrely I do miss Alps even more (though Dalek currently seems to have taken over his forum job role at the moment)

This is the essential point for me.

Lack of competition.

Not blaming any folk for this, loads of folk put time and effort into running things like SWF so schmucks like me can gas off.

But we probably need an ebb and flow. Some fora rising. Some falling. Some dying. Some being born.

Maybe the fanbase isn't big enough to support that?

Or maybe new tech will change things anyway (I remember the days of being on an email list!)

Definitely needs more humour. I say more sarcastic posts. There's plenty of space for serious topics and all the depressed vitriol over how often the team you've chosen to follow will kick a ball into a goal in August.

Perhaps making the ignore button work would stop people complaining? It's pointless when certain posters who make the same tired moans every 5 seconds and want to be some kind of 'forum celeb' just get quoted endlessly. On facebook if you block someone everything they do is gone. Could that be done on here? No quotes, no comments, threads they start don't appear, just all gone?

This.

Never thought I would say this but I now prefer the football rumours site to this one. It is always slated on here but has all the same rumours (most rumours on saintsweb einate from there) but without the vitriolic slagging that seems to dominate any thread on this site.

There is nothing worse than logging on here and getting excited about 2 new pages of runours (must be some big transfer activity you think to yourself) only to find it is just 2 tw*ts in a ****ing contest.

Shame - and it is not just the closed season - its been like that for a long time but become more noticeable as people inevitably drift away leaving the lunatics to run the asylum.