Texaco Fantasy Football - SWF Challenge

saintscottofthenortham

texacofantasy.png

texacofantasy2.png

Texaco Fantasy Football - The Saints Web Forum Challenge

SWF League Pin: 856

The game is FREE to play, and there's plenty up for grabs including, npower Championship Play-off Final tickets, VIP 'behind the scenes' experiences at your favourite npower Championship club, Texaco fuel vouchers, signed shirts, mini-footballs, and even the chance to meet your club's manager!

How to Play

• Use your £10 Million budget to select your Championship 11.

• Select a maximum of 3 players from any one club.

• Choose the captain who is going to score you double points.

First of all, register your personal details through this website by completing the short online registration form.

Once you've registered you'll be taken to the Team Selection page, where you'll be able to pick the players that will become your all-star team. Search by name or sort by club, position and price and then click on a player to add them to your line up.

You've got £10m to spend on your 11-man team and can select up to three players from a club. Players are categorised as goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and strikers and there are two formations available:

• 4-4-2: Four defenders, four midfielders and two strikers.
  • 5-3-2: Five defenders, three midfielders and two strikers.

Or, press the Lucky Dip button and we'll pick a team for you!

Once you've picked your team you'll be asked to name your captain and he'll score double points, both positive and negative.

Point Scoring

• Your players will score 3 points for a goal, 2 for assists.

• Goalkeepers & Defenders score 3 points for a clean sheet.

• However, Goalkeepers & Defenders lose a point for every goal conceded.

Players score points based upon their performances in 2011/12 Football League Championship matches only and the new season gets underway at 19:45 on Friday 5th August.

If a player is in your team at the scheduled kick-off time of their match they will be eligible to score you points and their totals are displayed on your Team Page. Your Week (a Fantasy League Game Week runs from Tuesday to Monday), Month and Overall scores are compared to everyone playing the game and the best scoring teams will top the leaderboards.

Here's how your players will score points for your team:

All Players Goal 3 pointsAssistClick here for a full explanation of our assist rules.2 pointsGoalkeepers and defenders onlyAppearanceCompleting 45 minutes, not including stoppage or injury time.1 pointClean Sheet No goals conceded for the duration of the match, having completed at least 75 minutes.2 pointsClean Sheet TotalThe appearance (also known as a Defender Game Played point) added to the cean sheet makes a total of 3 points.3 pointsGoal against -1 point

Don't forget! Your captain's points will be doubled, however this also applies to points lost by goalkeepers and defenders for goals conceded.

In addition, please be aware that points will not be awarded based upon the end of season Play-Off matches.

Click here to find out more about points scoring.

Make Transfers

• Unlimited transfers are allowed up until kick off of the 2011/2012 season.

• Once the season is underway, you can make a total of 30 transfers.

• A maximum of 5 transfers are permitted in a month.

If you want to change a player in your team because of form, injury, suspension or because they've left the league, you need to use a transfer. Click on the Make Transfers button (which will either be on the right-hand side of the page or beneath the image of your team) and you'll arrive at the Team Changes page. To remove a player from your team, click on the red cross next to their name, then select their replacement from the Player List on the left-hand side and, once you are happy with your line up, hit Submit.

Unlimited transfers are available until the new season gets underway at 19:45 on Friday 5th August and then you're restricted to 30 transfers for the rest of the campaign. You can make up to five transfers in a month, but the season transfer limit means you can't make five transfers every month.

Transfers can be made at any time, but must be completed before the scheduled kick-off time of the incoming player's next match, in order to score points from that match. This means it is possible to make changes between matches. When you make a transfer you must stay within the £10m budget, pick no more than three players from any one club and use either a 4-4-2 or a 5-3-2 formation.

Changing your captain

You can change your captain right up to the scheduled kick-off time of the first game of a fixture block. This means before the first match of a set of weekend fixtures (Friday to Monday inclusive) and before the first of any midweek matches (Tuesday and Wednesday).

The window for changing your captain will open on Tuesday morning and will remain open until the first match of a Game Week (Tuesday to Monday), which will usually be on a Saturday, unless there is a midweek fixture or a set of midweek fixtures. When there are midweek fixtures the captaincy window will re-open at 00:00:00 (BST/GMT) following the final midweek match.

Your captain will score double points. To change your captain click on Change Captain.

The SWF Challenge

I have started our own league, 'The Saints Web Forum Challenge' which is easy enough to join. Simply register and in your black profile box on the right of the screen you will see 'Private Leagues' - click on this and enter the SWF Challenge Pin in the 'Join an existing League' tab to pit your wits against your fellow forum posters.

Each private league is entered into the 'Private League Championship' where the accumulative total of the top 5 managers in each league decides our fate.

Any questions, fire away. I look forward to seeing you all in there.

SSOTN

Edited by saintscottofthenortham

im in for a giggle

normally forget to do transfers and things, mostly because im lazy lol

I'm usually the same but got well into this one last year and lived it. We had a Saints & Pompey 606 league last year,

which I won. :)

Thought it would be good if we could get a league on here going as with regular posts it will urge everyone to keep on top of their 11.

i think Hatch should be kicked out for a lack of faith in Jose Fonte !

i hope this wouldn't happen but i also think any skates picked should lead to expulsion....

and a beating

Last season, I so desperately wanted to stick Liam Lawrence in my side, but instead I watched him pick up point after point whilst I constantly chopped and changed my midfield to try and find the 4th midfielder. I eventually found enough for Adel Taarabt and made him captain. From that moment I soared to the top of the league and stayed there til seasons end. :)

Done mine, just waiting for Scott to get off his ar5e and accept me into the league!

GK - Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester)

DF - Inigo Calderon (Brighton)

DF - Andy Dawson (Hull)

DF - Jose Fonte (SAINTS)

DF - Sean St. Ledger (Leicester)

MF - Robert Snodgrass (Leeds)

MF - Adam Lallana (SAINTS)

MF - Don Cowie (Cardiff)

MF - Matt Phillips (Blackpool)

ST - Rickie Lambert (SAINTS)

ST - Shane Long (Reading)

Done mine, just waiting for Scott to get off his ar5e and accept me into the league!

GK - Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester)

DF - Inigo Calderon (Brighton)

DF - Andy Dawson (Hull)

DF - Jose Fonte (SAINTS)

DF - Sean St. Ledger (Leicester)

MF - Robert Snodgrass (Leeds)

MF - Adam Lallana (SAINTS)

MF - Don Cowie (Cardiff)

MF - Matt Phillips (Blackpool)

ST - Rickie Lambert (SAINTS)

ST - Shane Long (Reading)

looking at your team mate, I think I might take my time. ;)

I'm just as clueless regarding players in the NPC as I was about L1 hence my nipper doing it.

He also knows the number 1 rule: NO SKATES.

Haha, as long as he sticks to rule no. 1 we'll get along just fine! Good on him for giving it a go. He hasn't got a bad line up to start with.

Were up to 14 teams now but keep em' coming!

how do you get to see the league?

i want to go psyche the opponents out just like Fergie lol

On your teams home screen, where you see your team line up, below that you will see 'Private Leagues' and the SWF Challenge will be there. Click on that to see us. Don't read too much into eachothers line ups as if our fellow players have any sense the day before kick off it will all change. Mine will anyhow.

Good to have Steve and Griffo on board. Shame they can't get the idea of team names being our forum usernames though. Tut tut tut.

Getting a few people trying to join who appear to be supporters of other clubs so unless your team name is your username or you post on here that you have applied and your team name is 'blah blah blah' then I won't be accepting.

bloody cheek off them ! i know that being part of the saintsweb league is the creme de la creme of fantasy football but these wannabe's need to realise its a local league for local people !

Just joined, this is my team:

K Schmeichel (Leicester)

L Chambers (Notts Forest)

J Fonte (Saints)

M Mills (Leicester)

A Gerrard (Cardiff)

M Gradel (Leeds)

B Ferguson (Birmingham)

K Nolan - CAPTAIN (West Ham)

A Lallana (Saints)

B Sharp (Doncaster)

R Lambert (Saints)

Few more accepted. If you havn't yet done so can you please change your Team Name to your Saints Web username as I am going to keep this thread regulary updated throughout the season and the only way it can make any sense to everyone is if everyone is known but what they are on here. Go to your teams homescreen and it's the top middle tab, red one that says......

'Change Team Name'.

Thankyou in advance for your cooperation.