2014 World Cup Draw today

Minsk

As it says on the tin, the draw for the qualifying groups of the 2014 World Cup (to be held in Brazil) takes place today.

Here are the seeds/pots:

Pot One: England, Spain, Holland, Germany, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece

Pot Two: France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia

Pot Three: Switzerland, Israel, Rep of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary

Pot Four: N Ireland, Scotland, Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, Lithuania, Albania, Austria, Poland

Pot Five: Armenia, Finland, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands

Pot Six: Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

A group of: England, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and, errrr, Wales? would be good for me.

Actually it's quite funny, and a bit sad, to see Wales in the 6th pot below the mighty Faroe Islands, Armenia, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, etc.

Is it wrong to have complete apathy towards England internationals,including the qualifiers and competitions?

I'm sure when the time comes i too will be swept along on a tide of enthusiasm and blind belief that 'this will be our year'.Only to have the whole country get behind the squad yet be let down with embarrassing ease.

We are crap,uninispiring,overated premadonnas who spout the same pish prior,during and after a tournament.

I hope this post comes back to haunt me, however.

Brazil! Excellent.

I've been trying to come up with a destination for my 50th birthday treat which is also in 2014. Problem resolved, cheers.

Tips please on how to guarantee getting tickets, any team, any venue? Any price (within reason)

Brazil! Excellent.

I've been trying to come up with a destination for my 50th birthday treat which is also in 2014. Problem resolved, cheers.

Tips please on how to guarantee getting tickets, any team, any venue? Any price (within reason)

Get friendly with a Brazillian (oooeeerrr missus) who could purchase them for you?

Is it wrong to have complete apathy towards England internationals,including the qualifiers and competitions?

I'm sure when the time comes i too will be swept along on a tide of enthusiasm and blind belief that 'this will be our year'.Only to have the whole country get behind the squad yet be let down with embarrassing ease.

We are crap,uninispiring,overated premadonnas who spout the same pish prior,during and after a tournament.

To be honest I'm more interested in seeing who Belarus draw, as I can go to all of their home qualifying matches.

Obviously, I hope they draw Enland; Scotland/N. Ireland and Wales would also be cool.

(I have seen England and Scotland play here, as well as France, Italy, Norway, Argentina and many other countries - and have supported Belarus in all bar the England game.)

I hate to say it but this is similar to my own opinion. Every single tournament we talk the talk, but we rarely deliver.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I wager during the campaign we will here these statments at some point.....

'Broken Metatarsal' These only ever seem to happen in the lead up to a tournament that includes England.

'England off to a tame start and struggle against the minnows of world football'

'Disappointing England return home'

'you can't play Gerrard and Lampard together' Although hopefully these two overated,underperforming international flops will be retired from England by the time the finals in Brazil.

'England players exausted after long permiership campaign' This excuse wheeled out oncemore to protect the little darlings from ridicule.and therefore the opening the whole reduce the teams on the PL debate again.

Bless 'em.

Sent by my middle finger.

Here's a suggestion for the least inspiring,possibly worst,draw we could have:

Here are the seeds/pots:

Pot One: England, Spain, Holland, Germany, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, Norway, Greece

Pot Two: France, Montenegro, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia, Slovakia

Pot Three: Switzerland, Israel, Rep of Ireland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary

Pot Four: N Ireland, Scotland, Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, Lithuania, Albania, Austria, Poland

Pot Five: Armenia, Finland, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands

Pot Six: Wales, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malta, Andorra, San Marino

A group of: England, Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia and, errrr, Wales? would be good for me.

Actually it's quite funny, and a bit sad, to see Wales in the 6th pot below the mighty Faroe Islands, Armenia, Cyprus, Azerbaijan, etc.

England will face Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, and San Marino in Group H when they bid to qualify for the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.

Scotland and Wales were drawn together in Group A, and will play Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

Northern Ireland are up against Portugal, Russia, Israel, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg in Group F.

Only group winners are guaranteed a place at the tournament.

With 13 places available in Brazil for European teams, the eight-best second-placed teams will play-off against each other to go through.

Republic of Ireland were drawn against Germany, Sweden, Austria, Faroe Islands and Kazakhstan in Group C, while France and world champions Spain

are in the same five-team group - the only European group without six teams - along with Belarus, Georgia and Finland.

European groups draw in full:

GROUP A

Croatia

Serbia

Belgium

SCOTLAND

FYR Macedonia

WALES

GROUP B

Italy

Denmark

Czech Republic

Bulgaria

Armenia

Malta

GROUP C

Germany

Sweden

REP IRELAND

Austria

Kazakhstan

Faroe Islands

GROUP D

Holland

Turkey

Hungary

Romania

Estonia

Andorra

GROUP E

Norway

Slovenia

Switzerland

Albania

Cyprus

Iceland

GROUP F

Portugal

Russia

Israel

NORTHERN IRELAND

Azerbaijan

Luxembourg

GROUP G

Greece

Slovakia

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Lithuania

Latvia

Liechtenstein

GROUP H

ENGLAND

Montenegro

Ukraine

Poland

Moldova

San Marino

GROUP I

Spain

France

Belarus

Georgia

Finland

I can see England winning their group, although that's not to say that they'll do it easily. Poland, Montenegro and Ukraine are all tough teams to beat. Moldova and San Marino will be walkovers.

As a Scotland fan, I cannot see us qualifying from that group. Croatia, Serbia and Belgium are twice as good as us, and Wales and Macedonia are about our level. Ought to be interesting to watch what happens - we nearly qualified for the Euros in 2008 ahead of either of the 2006 World Cup finalists...

I've never understood why Englands shocking performances at final stages means we are always seeded. I dont rate or like the England team and found our faliure in the last word cup almost as funny as it was predictable, which is quite sad for someone who 10 years ago was a fierce and proud England fans.

Anyhow, FWIW, we should cruise the group, with our "world class" players, Ukraine and Poland away will be tricky. As a proper football fan though, the two France v Spain games will be interesting as will Group A, Serbia, Croatia and Macedoina, firey to say the least!

Really means f*ck all to me any more, International football that is. Ever since I saw Englands ever present Lampard (Sick Smiley) Smile and clap as he left tye field after a loss that was so devastating to Germany in the world cup. Capello I thought would be the man to save us from the media machine that is the FA. But no, still we stick to an ageing team thats only concern is to fulfill a career not caring about the shirt (see Scholes interview)

England is a team that regardless of club football should pull at your heart strings, the best of our generation. Instead we have a bloated team of ego's. **** them, **** capello, and **** the FA. I hope we crash and burn. The germans, Iti's and spicks have the right idea, all we are concerned about is sponsorship.

So close to England getting Belarus, and France, only us and Spain left in the pot and unfortunately we came out first.

Oh well, I should be able to get the Ukraine game easily enough (I know a couple of people who live in Kiev) and Poland is only next door, so probably doable.

And I get to cheer on Belarus against France (who they beat in Paris last time they played them) and against Spain.

Group A does indeed look quite fiery!

Montenegro & Ukraine - potentially awkward sides,

Poland & Moldova - Should beat them comfortably, Moldova are an improving side but should have too much for them

San Marino - Glorified pub team, lost 101 of their 105 games and only have 2 professional players in their entire squad

Gutted with the draw.

I'm off to Monty in a couple of months, did Ukraine last time we played there and will have also visited for the Euros along with Poland (hopefully).

Moldova should be a decent trip along with San Marino who we'll more than likely play in Bologna.

Wouldn't have minded Belarus away again though. Set up camp for a few nights in Bar 0.5.

Really means f*ck all to me any more, International football that is. Ever since I saw Englands ever present Lampard (Sick Smiley) Smile and clap as he left tye field after a loss that was so devastating to Germany in the world cup. Capello I thought would be the man to save us from the media machine that is the FA. But no, still we stick to an ageing team thats only concern is to fulfill a career not caring about the shirt (see Scholes interview)

England is a team that regardless of club football should pull at your heart strings, the best of our generation. Instead we have a bloated team of ego's. **** them, **** capello, and **** the FA. I hope we crash and burn. The germans, Iti's and spicks have the right idea, all we are concerned about is sponsorship.

I'm disinterested with England games too, I've always stated that I'm a Saints fan first and an England fan a distant second. (I think the majority of this country are club over country too tbf, without knowing the statistics.)

I follow England games because they usually occur when no club football is on and because of a small amount of patriotism. If Saints lose, I'm gutted. If England lose? Meh. (And yes, I realise celebrating if England win the World Cup or Euros makes me a hypocrite, but I tend to get swept up in fads.)

I'm disinterested with England games too, I've always stated that I'm a Saints fan first and an England fan a distant second. (I think the majority of this country are club over country too tbf, without knowing the statistics.)

I follow England games because they usually occur when no club football is on and because of a small amount of patriotism. If Saints lose, I'm gutted. If England lose? Meh. (And yes, I realise celebrating if England win the World Cup or Euros makes me a hypocrite, but I tend to get swept up in fads.)

Club first, country second seems to be a Southern thing. The vast majority of people I've met on my travels with England who are country before club are normally Northern and normally follow some tinpot club like Grimsby.

until the england team is built around class players like wilshere and not lampard...is the day I start to get interested..

on SSN trevor brooking had a right dig at stuart pearce, saying we were never going to do well in the U21 euros with the teams he put out....he left out of the first 11 and the squad, too many players that can keep the ball.(lallana maybe..?) and we were too predictable..

its sad when players like crouch who score 3 goals in a season earn millions and play for england

I think England are going to suffer as a footballing nation in the near decades.

The current generation on paper is one of the best squads in the world, the problem is money has got to their heads and hardly any of them can give a toss about playing for England. All they care about is earning 100 grand+ a week.

Now that this generation is ageing the youngsters coming through in the main aren't good enough. Compare us with Spain and a lot of the Latin American countries and it's becoming a gulf in class.

Anyone else see that Audi cup featuring Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Internacional and AC Milan? Bayern, Internacional and AC Milan were putting out almost their first teams and Barce still won it with their B team

I think this pot seeding system causes a lot of the apathy people have towards WC and EC qualifiers. We end up playing the same old teams year after year after year. They should just seed the top eight and then have a free draw for the rest. That way we could have a proper "group of death" from time to time and a relative minnow having a chance to qualify from a weaker group. Would make it much more interesting.

until the england team is built around class players like wilshere and not lampard...is the day I start to get interested..

on SSN trevor brooking had a right dig at stuart pearce, saying we were never going to do well in the U21 euros with the teams he put out....he left out of the first 11 and the squad, too many players that can keep the ball.(lallana maybe..?) and we were too predictable..

its sad when players like crouch who score 3 goals in a season earn millions and play for england

Maybe its time to get interested then. According to the Mail today, Capello is dropping Lampard in order to play a midfield unit containing the likes of Wilshere, Parker and Young.

Maybe its time to get interested then. According to the Mail today, Capello is dropping Lampard in order to play a midfield unit containing the likes of Wilshere, Parker and Young.

at last.....

we need to have a new look england...

something like...

Hart

johnson----dawson---terry----cole

------parker----wilshere

johnson----rooney------young

----------bent

something like that....no lampard, gerrard, rio, crouch, joe cole...we have to move on

Gutted with the draw.

I'm off to Monty in a couple of months, did Ukraine last time we played there and will have also visited for the Euros along with Poland (hopefully).

Moldova should be a decent trip along with San Marino who we'll more than likely play in Bologna.

Wouldn't have minded Belarus away again though. Set up camp for a few nights in Bar 0.5.

It is a decent watering hole.

And the blonde head-waitress in there is pure filth in the sack, but she does tend to burn the toast.

;)

I used to declare my love to her on a nightly basis and vowed I would return one day to marry her. She was rather bemused by the whole thing.

as good as that bar was, not a touch on the fun in Hotel Belarus nightclub!! top top trip that was, really enjoyed Belarus although the food was dreadful.

as good as that bar was, not a touch on the fun in Hotel Belarus nightclub!! top top trip that was, really enjoyed Belarus although the food was dreadful.

What a random nightclub that was. KGB on the doors, 50 Cent on the stage, students in one corner, English in the other, hardcore Trance blaring out until 4am. Every night in there ended in carnage. Ha.

Thought the grub in Ukraine was a lot worse than Belarus. Can beat a good Draniki to set you up for the day.