How many season tickets???

um pahars

If knocking down ticket prices by 25% meant we put our average attendance up by 2000 we sould only have a 10-15% drop in ticket revenues with additional match day purchases - this is assuming people spend £5 in the ground. Would be interesting to know the average spend per head on match days. There are other benefits to haveing a full stadium every week which are hard to quantify off the bat - but wouldn't be surprised if they meant it was close to break even.

I went to the Leverkusen game with Weston and West Stand. We talked about the greed and money that is awash in football. Weston made the point that next season he may not renew as he is totally disillusioned by the way football has gone and is going. I think he won't be alone.

This year has not helped. We now know beyond any doubt that the FA Cup is not important to today's footballer because it doesn't make them any money. An 8th place finish is the best we can ever hope for before our team gets raped and pillaged. And the idea that you can nurture young talent to have some sort of loyalty to the club is a pipe dream.

I will go on Saturday and cheer the team on but I am starting to despise everything about modern day football, Sky have destroyed our game.

Whatever the actual income from season ticket sales was, it is more than the club would have got had they not pushed the purchasing dates forward, before we realised that there was going to be a fire sale of our best players. That was a cynical ploy to hoodwink supporters.

And supporters will not forget this. The club has shot itself in the foot.

(I did eventually buy one btw.)

This year has not helped. We now know beyond any doubt that the FA Cup is not important to today's footballer because it doesn't make them any money. An 8th place finish is the best we can ever hope for before our team gets raped and pillaged. And the idea that you can nurture young talent to have some sort of loyalty to the club is a pipe dream.

I will go on Saturday and cheer the team on but I am starting to despise everything about modern day football, Sky have destroyed our game.

If, say, we'd kept all those players, with hefty old pay rises to fend off Champions League suitors - around £100k a week for each one - and then added to the squad with three more stars on £100k a week and £50m odd in transfer fees, would that have been fine, or would you still be still be beginning to depise modern day football and complaining that Sky have destroyed our game?

If, say, we'd kept all those players, with hefty old pay rises to fend off Champions League suitors - around £100k a week for each one - and then added to the squad with three more stars on £100k a week and £50m odd in transfer fees, would that have been fine, or would you still be still be beginning to depise modern day football and complaining that Sky have destroyed our game?

I wouldn't be complaining but would have the same opinion about Sky.

I wouldn't be complaining but would have the same opinion about Sky.

Fair enough.

In the last few months it is interesting the level of "dirty money is so horrible" puritanism now on this forum, a puritanism which wasn't quite in evidence this time a year ago when finishing fourth (which let's all remember is winning cluck all) was the pinnacle of our ambition because it gave us possible access to, well, lots of lovely money. Strange.

Still, lets see if those people might just lower themselves to the in-the-moment joy of a Wembley day out or a cup win this season, eh?

If we're struggling to sell out the first home game this year we are gunna have real problems against the likes of Burnley, Leicster Sunderland etc

I'm pretty sure the numbers are always a bit lower first few games of the season due to summer holidays I know at least 3 people not going this weekend, because they are on holiday, who would go normally. Personally due to cost I always try to go to Cat C games like Burnley and cup games as it's a bit less money plus I'm more likely to see a win:D