Fishing spots in Hampshire?

Pilchards

I'm taking my two kids out this Saturday for an all nighter, we are planning a barbie, tent & hopefully some fish.

I hear Lepe by the two metsls things is good but too strong a tide as you struggle to hold, also magazine lane is good on both tides.

Anyone got some good suggestions please.

Cheers.

My faves are.

1. Town Quay

2. Maggie Lane

3.Calshot

4.Lepe

5.Old Portsmouth

6.Southsea

Good luck and tight lines. ;)

At last a reply!

Thank you.

Been doing some research and gypsy lane has been getting a few votes lately.

I do agree maggie is a good option but I've heard it's a snaggers nightmare while Lepe by the two metal things is far too strong to hold + it might be too busy with the good weather.

We have 10 of us going now so I'm still looking for a damn good place anyone?

Two I have fished recently with my nephew are:

Town Quay is not a bad spot (Bass, pout and flounder)

Just upriver of Magazine Lane (the yacht club) where there is a very small shingle beach has proved successful (flounder, eel & bass)

Try here for more info:

http://www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk/Western.asp

Had a walk outside the apaprtment yesterday and round by The Shieldhall there are some rather large mullet feeding on the incoming tide, will have to get a float and bread out later!!!

My Dad used to take my to Mayflower Park. Fishing ragworm used to work a treat and we'd bag up. Not sure if you can still fish here as it was a few years ago but was always a good venue.

Bag up!!!

Not heard that in years since my boat trip to Auldney, Cod & Pollack fillets filled up to the top. :)

Went to Gypsy lane at Lepe in the end.....

W O W - What a crock of ****, never ever again as I lost 10 lots of tackle as it was snaggers hell, so bad that i got ****ed off and went in search of my tackle when it was low tide, so low you could almost touch the first boat lane bouy.

We never had one bloody bite all night so first thing in the morning we packed up and went to Calshot, much better as everyone around us was bringing in smooth hounds and bream while I was too tired to really focus although we had several bites.

Calshot next time for me and please don't even consider Gypsy lane again even though AL at Bells Sports will tell you how great it is.