Sky Sports tatters.

Thedelldays

Was thinking that very thing yesterday whilst watching those two games thinking I really should be out in the garden. Neville is a monotone dull boring weasel faced man, Wilkins is far better than Nev and pretty good as a sidekick commentator but should be banned co-commentating on Chelsea games.

Not going to say bring back Gray, but do something please!

Was thinking that very thing yesterday whilst watching those two games thinking I really should be out in the garden. Neville is a monotone dull boring weasel faced man, Wilkins is far better than Nev and pretty good as a sidekick commentator but should be banned co-commentating on Chelsea games.

Fill Merse with a few g's of charlie and let him loose.

I say bring back Andy Gray

I watch most TV football now with the sound off, and some music playing. Once you get used to it, its a much better experience. you get to enjoy sport and music at the same time, which is good.

and you don't have to listen to commentator psycho babble.

All this shows the perils of using ex-players instead of proper journalists.

Sure, ex-players can offer an insight into the game, although the old pals network ensures they never really condemn somebody or ask the tough questions.

But even if they do offer an insight, not many are able to get it across in anything resembling English.

Most sports channels are guilty of falling into the trap of using ex-players. Result?

An unhappy audience (ie, people on here) who are rightly unhappy about the standards.

Write to them, threatening to terminate your subscription unless they start using proper journalists who can tell the tale properly.

Write to them, threatening to terminate your subscription unless they start using proper journalists who can tell the tale properly.

But then we run the risk of having the likes of Brian Woolnough as a prime-time regular. That, frankly, is an even more horrifying prospect.

Also, let's not forget that a lot of national newspaper journalists have as many conflicted interests as the ex-pro pundits, desperate to appease players and managers for that lucrative ghost-writing contract, etc.

I can handle pretty much anyone on the commentary nowadays apart from:

Comm: Peter Drury

Co-comm: David Pleat

Especially Drury. The most annoying, patronising idiot every to be let loose on a microphone in the history on football.

Pleat never shuts the F* up. The only time I like him as co-comm is if it's Drury as main. It's totally un-listenable but at least it's less Drury.

Must admit I was gutted to hear Neville was the replacement... Got to say i've come round a bit though, he does talk a lot of sense IMO. Still cant stand the manchester accent, or Alan smith's accent for that matter. Ray Wilkins is just a c*ck. Not saying I like Andy Gray but he's the pick of a bad bunch.

I think Red Nev is great on Sky, though think he is better in the studio than the commentary box. Would certainly rather listen to him than someone like Garry Birtles or Mark Lawrenson, neither of whom actually seem to enjoy football that much.

I wonder if the excellent Terry Gibson will be 'promoted' from Sky's La Liga coverage to the Premier League (though I doubt it, and I think he is better off on La Liga anyway)

Pleat's really good in the papers, mainly as you don't have to hear his voice and mispronunciations, his tactical knowledge is spot on.

LOL it was only a couple of years ago I heard him referring to the Russian team as the Soviet Union :lol:

As for Sky Sports I hear Merson's been involved in a car crash