Man Utd. destroyed...

david in sweden

by City ..6-1 at Old Trafford.

Hold on you're saying ..where's the Saints connection?

Firstly ..if like me you've been an MU hater for several decades it'll bring a smile to your face..and the prospect of

them coming up against the mighty ALDERSHOT next week with the EX SAINT Anthony Pulis in their line-up.

OK complain if you want to ..but I'm still smiling at the result.

Edited by david in sweden

Blimey!

To put things in perspective, re. the club that has beat Man U 6-1 today, it is a mere 11 years since they clawed there way out of the 3rd division via the play-offs. I remember the day well, most of their fans were half-way down empire way when The Mighty Gills ****ed up. Ironically, that Wembley game is more memorable and perhaps poignant to the wider footballing world than going up as Champions (Brighton?) or even second (us?).

I'm pretty sure that they went up again the next season only to drop straight back down again. It must be quite a fear to club's fans that you may turn into a 'yo-yo club' but they haven't looked back since the subsequent promotion.

In those Div 3 days they still managed an average of around 30k at home which iirc was about 30% down on their capacity at the old Maine Road (sound familiar).

Apart from the distasteful (to some) financial clout that they have now, I see Man City's revival as aspirational to similar clubs, like ourselves, who have decent sized solid fan-bases and a little bit of pedigree.

The World keeps turning.....

There goes my top standing in the fantasy football at work. Although it is nice to see Man U take a hammering, considering they've done it to countless sides over the years.

Not going much better for the Glazers in the NFL either...

Not to get too off topic but Bucs are still 4-3.