Football Manager 2012 - updates thread

Saint_clark

Sorry to be blunt on that one chap!

I use the Genie Scout, personally I don't find it to be cheating as scouts are too slow and don't provide enough information. Not particularly true to real life. It's not as if the more times you scout one player that you find out more about them either. Others may have a different view on that one but to me Genie Scout isn't cheating, as I say.

I looked Eriksen up and he's got a bad injury proneness rating, and there's just no point in signing someone who's going to be like that, especially if they've got a lot to do in order to improve, as they'll be injured most of the time instead of improving.

Cheap, reliable, consistent midfielders that come good quickly: Marco Verratti (in real life he's just agreed something with Juventus) and Guido Pizarro. I never got many goals out of Marco but he was good for 20 assists every season which is remarkable. Cost me £1.5m, soon gets international recognition and big Serie A clubs sniffing and he doesn't care. Pizarro I actually missed out on because Anzhi wanted to give him outrageous wages to get him to play with their team of legends in Russia. Get in there quickly and he's a bargain, I think he may even be as cheap as £2m.

Pizarro has gone to Bolton and Verratti is not in my game.

Signed a decent CM from Belgium. Only £2 million. Can't remember his name. Will post it on Sat when I'm back on the game.

Edited by Benali Saint
Missed a word out

We done it. We only went a bloody done it!

Opening up a six point lead on Juventus, three games to go and we have the Old Lady at home. Gennaro Gattuso's rallying call had the desired effect as the Giallorossi swept Juve aside 3-1, giving the southern italian side their very first scudetto.

£30m in debt and losing £3m per month, we're financial trouble but we've done it. Now to negotiate the final two games of the season and the summer without going into receivership. If we do, the Champions League *should* see us OK. As we're aware, it doesn't always work (see Portsmouth) but gambling the clubs entire existence for once, has paid off.

Oh Everton. No money to spend, yet when they do find it, they spend it on a walking injury.

They have been taken over.

I've sold them Erickson for £12.5 million and Bosingwa for £8.5 million.

I have replaced them with Khedira for £8.5 million (was transfer listed) and Kyle Walker from Championship side Fulham for £7.5 million and picked up Caulker from Spuds for £4.5 million. Happy with my January business

An interesting read about Sports Interactive's spilt from Eidos/Championship Manager to move to SEGA and start Football Manager in 2004, something not discussed before for legal reasons...

http://www.edge-online.com/news/miles-jacobson-comments-eidos-split

Also the first bit of news about FM13...

"Sports Interactive will unveil the latest iteration of Football Manager in the autumn, which Jacobson says will feature “less conservative” design than in the past."

So Dune won't like it then! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on getting the weekly wage budget increased. Im basingstoke in the Championship. I have asked the board and they increased my budget to 61k per week from 51k but im still struggling to even find players that will move to me on that budget (for a key player i can afford 4k a week!). I have 12 players for the up and coming season and im 2k over my budget. Any tips???

Any tips on getting the weekly wage budget increased. Im basingstoke in the Championship. I have asked the board and they increased my budget to 61k per week from 51k but im still struggling to even find players that will move to me on that budget (for a key player i can afford 4k a week!). I have 12 players for the up and coming season and im 2k over my budget. Any tips???

Not sure about that, but to help with squad numbers find loan listed players who require no wage contribution. Getting a parent club should help.

As far as I know, you can have as many loan players as you want but only include 4 in the match day squad...

Can you search for players on loan that dont require a fee or wage contribution? I couldnt find it so im wading through all players on loan but it takes ages, nearly every player i try to loan wants a fee which is frustrating?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As I said... news about FM13 will be unveiled in mid September. If you think all they do each year is change the colour-scheme and update the database you are very much mistaken.

Your right they make it run slower and slower each year as well :)

But seriously this has whats turned me off getting FM11 and FM12 as FM10 even on my MBP with nice chunky ram and processor it would still want all my resources with the minimal settings used for the game.

Your right they make it run slower and slower each year as well :)

But seriously this has whats turned me off getting FM11 and FM12 as FM10 even on my MBP with nice chunky ram and processor it would still want all my resources with the minimal settings used for the game.

What RAM do you have? I have an 8GB 64bit OS and mine runs quite quickly with 290,000 players retained in the DB. The laptop is about a year old, too... What settings do you run FM12 on?

What RAM do you have? I have an 8GB 64bit OS and mine runs quite quickly with 290,000 players retained in the DB. The laptop is about a year old, too... What settings do you run FM12 on?

2010 MBP 2.2ghz with decent ram and decent hdd speed, but the processor was always running at 100%. I do know that the new i3 and i5/i7 have no issues but I should not be hammered by a 2 year old MBP.

How are our new boys rated on FM?

If I remember rightly; Mayuka has a CA of 123 and PA 150, Ramirez CA 142 and PA, didn't look up Yoshida. They're pretty solid indeed. Ramirez has a PA matched only (hopefully if MLG's done his job right!) by Shaw and Ward-Prowse!

How are our new boys rated on FM?

If I remember rightly; Mayuka has a CA of 123 and PA 150, Ramirez CA 142 and PA, didn't look up Yoshida. They're pretty solid indeed. Ramirez has a PA matched only (hopefully if MLG's done his job right!) by Shaw and Ward-Prowse!

FM13 as a Saints fan is going to be a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...