Foreigners Taking Our Jobs

dune

MIGRANTS GRAB 12,000 JOBS A MONTH

284200_1.jpg

FOREIGNERS have taken more than 12,000 new jobs a month – while 1.2 million British youngsters are on the scrapheap by being out of work.

The shock employment data also reveals that in the same year that migrants got 150,000 jobs, an alarming 280,000 British workers lost theirs.

The increase in foreign nationals in work included a 93,000 (16.3 per cent) rise in those from eastern European countries which joined the EU in 2004.

There was a 28,000 (35 per cent) increase in workers from Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Tory MP Philip Hollobone, pointing to previous figures showing nine out of 10 new jobs are going to foreigners, said: “This is simply unsustainable.

“As a nation we can’t go on like this. We have to control our borders once again, but we also have to incentivise young British workers to go out and find the jobs that foreign nationals are picking up.’’

Fellow Tory MP Philip Davies said: “We’re mad in this country, that we allow people to come here to take jobs – a lot of them low-skilled jobs which people in this country would be more than capable of doing if they got off their backsides.” Ministers insist youth unemployment is a long-standing problem, rising by 40 per cent under Labour, and starting well before the recession.

Tories also accuse Labour of opening Britain’s jobs market to an eastern *European free-for-all by failing to put limits on their citizens’ rights to work, as most other EU countries did when the nations joined the club in 2004.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/284200/Migrants-grab-12-000-jobs-a-month

The Daily mail also covers this story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062477/UK-youth-unemployment-hits-1m-foreign-workers-UK-jobs.html

It is a national disgrace.

So English people are being beaten to jobs by people new to the country who may well struggle with the language either to read, write or speak it and they don't know the culture. If they are assylum seekers fleeing a worn torn country they might have a few more mental scars than Sebastian, 24 from Cirencester who suffers from depression, confidence issues and ME because he got told off at school once and his mummy didn't hug it better.

Says more about the English people than the foreigners.

Edited by Turkish

the whole thing is a sorry state of affairs, and shows this country is failing on many levels when so many of our "own" cannot manage to get a job (or try) and yet others turn up and manage it.

Does make you wonder.

big immigration of low skilled labour has been great for businesses as allowed them to keep wages low, if they hadn't been able to filll those positions they would have had to either not fill the job or raise the wage offered to make it more attractive to applicants.

The Tories can blame Labour for letting Eastern Europeans in as much as they like, but it shows that they're all mouth and no action. If they really gave a crap about the 1.2 million unemployed youngsters, they could suspend immigration from the new EU member states, citing that it is adversely affecting the British labour market.

Or they could have voted for an EU referendum when they had the chance.

They've bottled both options, proving once again that the interests of corporations sit over and above the interests of the average Briton.

So the question has to be why are imigrants getting these jobs over fine upstanding British youths? I suspect Sambosa75 is close to the mark ...

Because so many British youths have grown up under a nanny state Labour government, with a nanny state Labour education. They have basically been brought up to be awkward and workshy. That said foreigners frequently live in comunal houses so they can live on a wage that them being here is keeping supressed. It's a lose lose situation for the working class, but the Liberal Elite aren't working class so they wouldn't understand this or care about it.

Edited by dune

The Tories can blame Labour for letting Eastern Europeans in as much as they like, but it shows that they're all mouth and no action. If they really gave a crap about the 1.2 million unemployed youngsters, they could suspend immigration from the new EU member states, citing that it is adversely affecting the British labour market.

Or they could have voted for an EU referendum when they had the chance.

They've bottled both options, proving once again that the interests of corporations sit over and above the interests of the average Briton.

I agree and that is why I shall be voting UKIP in all future elections (European and General).

I've employed lots of foreigners the past 5 years, and they have all worked for the wage on offer, not less than my English staff. On the whole(except one or two cases), they have been hardworking, polite, reliable and a credit to their country of origin.They work as much overtime as they can, and are flexible, coming in at short notice and switching shifts ect.

Until recently it was really only foreigners who applied for the jobs,recently I have been getting a lot of 40-60 year old Brits, but I'm yet to see any of the "lost generation" of youngsters applying. The jobs we offer are not ideal, are poorly paid and pretty boring, but the Poles ect do them willingly and well.

I would love to give the jobs to English youngsters, but my job is to do what's best for the Company (otherwise I'll be looking for another job myself), so I'll contine to employ foreigners. The only way they are taking "our jobs" is by doing them better and being more enthusiastic and keener at the interview stage.

People should be forced to take jobs, if you don't have a job and one is in the job centre that matches your hard skills then it shouldn't be optional if you take it. Lot's of people unemployed can do the work that's out there but they are choosing not to, then blaming Mr Foreigner for taking 'our' jobs, when it's quite clear that some of our unemployed just don't want it.

It's time to get tough with these lazy people, no doubt cut from the same cloth as those that say 'I'm better off on the dole, so why should I work?'.......tough, get out there and make something of yourself, everyone starts from the bottom, it's a question of attitude.

I work 45 hours a week but still manage 6 hours voluntary work, it betters myself as I learn new skills and it gives something back to those who want to make use of the service - usually all from the Pakistani, Nepalese, Indian communities, those that I hope will then be able to communicate more clearly to allow them to get jobs that they can't at the moment because their English skills are so poor.

Believe me, the Pakistani immigrants want the work and they will put the hours in if they are given a chance, maybe their really poor upbringing back in Pakistan has given them a clearer perspective and a bit of gratitude for the hand that will feed them and their families - if they are given the opportunity.

The Brits have got lazy, it's with a heavy heart that I say that but it's true. All this Labour ****e over the last decade has given them the mentality that they are somehow aggrieved, or that society will do it all for them, I guess when you don't know any different, it's hard to understand.

My grandad worked in the year of his death, he was in his eighties, he simply did a little bit of work from home as he said that it gave him a bit of pocket-money for the odd half down the legion club and gave his mind a bit of structure. I guess that sort of mentality is lost on the generation of today.

There was a documentary on the beeb a year or so ago looking into why unemployment is high and yet thousands of foreigners are working in the UK. The focused on a farm in Lincolnshire that employed a lot of foreigners. They were all on slightly but not much above minimum wage and the employer remarked that no locals were employed because hardly any ever applied. They then cut to the nearest local town and interview a lad of about 20 moaning about the foreigners taking the jobs whilst stood outside the dole office swigging a can of Stella. When it was pointed that he could get a job at the farm he moaned that it wasn't the sort of work he was looking for.

Having said that we need a benefits and tax systems that contains both a big carrot and big stick to get people into work.

I dare say a large proportion of the jobs these migrants do are jobs that the poor 1.2 million British youngsters would refuse to do or think they are above i.e. hotel chambermaid, toilet cleaner, pot washer in a pub/restaurant etc...
how do you know that....that is just as bad as blaming foreigners without any evidence

There's nothing wrong with having skilled or hard-working foreigners working in this country. As long as somebody is prepared to work and they do a good job then it doesn't matter what nationality they are. Unfortunately there does seem to be a layabout culture in this country now, but it's too easy for people to start families, get married etc without having to work hard and provide for their family like was the norm before. As much as I think welfare does a lot of good and helps a lot of needy people, there are perfectly healthy people not working because they simply can't be arsed and it's easier to collect a giro than do a full-time job. It's too easy to condemn those people though, and instead of doing that we need to be helping them into work instead of our leaders just slating them.

[KNOWITALL] Job creation schemes got the US out of the last great recession and they can help us to improve our economic state and inspire the workforce too. I'm sure you've all read in the papers today about Mervyn King saying that economic growth will remain stagnant until next year if the situation stays the same - spend a bit of money and create some jobs now to cut down on welfare spending, increase the labour force and get more tax money from the former-unemployed to pay off our debts! It's not rocket science. [/KNOWITALL]

There's nothing wrong with having skilled or hard-working foreigners working in this country. As long as somebody is prepared to work and they do a good job then it doesn't matter what nationality they are. Unfortunately there does seem to be a layabout culture in this country now, but it's too easy for people to start families, get married etc without having to work hard and provide for their family like was the norm before. As much as I think welfare does a lot of good and helps a lot of needy people, there are perfectly healthy people not working because they simply can't be arsed and it's easier to collect a giro than do a full-time job. It's too easy to condemn those people though, and instead of doing that we need to be helping them into work instead of our leaders just slating them.

[KNOWITALL] Job creation schemes got the US out of the last great recession and they can help us to improve our economic state and inspire the workforce too. I'm sure you've all read in the papers today about Mervyn King saying that economic growth will remain stagnant until next year if the situation stays the same - spend a bit of money and create some jobs now to cut down on welfare spending, increase the labour force and get more tax money from the former-unemployed to pay off our debts! It's not rocket science. [/KNOWITALL]

Shouldn't you be posting on the "failed students taking our jobs" thread? ;)

Edited by buctootim

how do you know that....that is just as bad as blaming foreigners without any evidence

Because I have quite an extensive background working in recruitment. In my experience, when advertising for such positions I would say applicants are 95% foreign. I also have experience working in a host of hotels earlier on in my career and can honestly say I did not once encounter a British chamber maid or kitchen porter.

Because I have quite an extensive background working in recruitment. In my experience, when advertising for such positions I would say applicants are 95% foreign. I also have experience working in a host of hotels earlier on in my career and can honestly say I did not once encounter a British chamber maid or kitchen porter.

I used to work at Butlins as a kitchen porter when I was a student, a fine experience, free holidays,some pocket money and

guaranteed sh*gging for 8-10 weeks.

Because so many British youths have grown up under a nanny state Labour government, with a nanny state Labour education. They have basically been brought up to be awkward and workshy. That said foreigners frequently live in comunal houses so they can live on a wage that them being here is keeping supressed. It's a lose lose situation for the working class, but the Liberal Elite aren't working class so they wouldn't understand this or care about it.

Whose parents are workshy drop outs as a result of the Thatcher generation that consigned a whole section of society to the scrap heep and created an underclass....

Foreigners get these jobs because they work hard - simple as and as others have pointed out, I susuepct we have well in excess of 150k brits working abroud anyway, naturally the Daily Mail does not provide these figures by way of balance - oh and what about all thjsoe encouraged by Thatch to go abroad and work tax free?

You really do make yourself look more ignorant with every sentance you post.

So English people are being beaten to jobs by people new to the country who may well struggle with the language either to read, write or speak it and they don't know the culture. If they are assylum seekers fleeing a worn torn country they might have a few more mental scars than Sebastian, 24 from Cirencester who suffers from depression, confidence issues and ME because he got told off at school once and his mummy didn't hug it better.

Says more about the English people than the foreigners.

I have to agree with the above. British employees that I have taken on are simply nowhere near as hard working as foreign counterparts and for any entry level positions; I have yet to receive an application from a Brit.

I dare say a large proportion of the jobs these migrants do are jobs that the poor 1.2 million British youngsters would refuse to do or think they are above i.e. hotel chambermaid, toilet cleaner, pot washer in a pub/restaurant etc...

Spot on. You only have to check a local job centre to see that, too...

Whoops, typo - I meant "handout centre"

Of course our wonderful entrepreneurs are also part of the dependency culture. The Guardian reported earlier this week how state-subsidised apprenticeships in private firms were being offered to 60 year olds, and how state-subsidised apprenticeships are being used to replace what had previously been full-paying jobs.

So much of the private sector is now utterly dependent on (and is running/profiteering from) the public sector that the corporate dependency culture, pushing wages ever lower, is just getting out of hand.

All of which contributes to the drive to hire people prepared to work for ever lower pay and conditions. Aka foreigners.

Of course our wonderful entrepreneurs are also part of the dependency culture. The Guardian reported earlier this week how state-subsidised apprenticeships in private firms were being offered to 60 year olds, and how state-subsidised apprenticeships are being used to replace what had previously been full-paying jobs.

So much of the private sector is now utterly dependent on (and is running/profiteering from) the public sector that the corporate dependency culture, pushing wages ever lower, is just getting out of hand.

All of which contributes to the drive to hire people prepared to work for ever lower pay and conditions. Aka foreigners.

Still, at least the corparate execs at these companies get their massive bounses for squeezing a bit more blood out of the low paid british and foregn workers in order to deliver more and more to the shareholders and the wealthy 1%.

Still, at least the corparate execs at these companies get their massive bounses for squeezing a bit more blood out of the low paid british and foregn workers in order to deliver more and more to the shareholders and the wealthy 1%.

Who is the first name in your little black book, when the revolution comes, like?

I doubt it'll be you and the other window cleaner bob-a-jobs on here who imagine they're multinational corporate execs.

So relax.

Now now Verbal, there's no need to be so fatuous. You really must learn to calm down and stop being so noxious. It isn't good for your image, petty sniping and all.

Are you his therapist?

I hardly think someone with such a well developed sense of self importance would submit to the analysis of a shrink? But i think he needs to get the penis extension done, just to deal with those self esteem issues that drive his overpowering desire to condescension, the poor love.

I hardly think someone with such a well developed sense of self importance would submit to the analysis of a shrink? But i think he needs to get the penis extension done, just to deal with those self esteem issues that drive his overpowering desire to condescension, the poor love.

Now you've done it. His green light is out, but I sense a presence. I sense a post being formed. I see fingers manicly tap tap tapping.

Now you've done it. His green light is out, but I sense a presence. I sense a post being formed. I see fingers manicly tap tap tapping.

Like a menacing, left-wing Darth Vader. I think you are right, i can feel the fingers of rightous justice feverishly composing the next witty riposte and supreme put down. Feck, i'm done for.....

He has let slip in the past that he's needs the services of a therapist. I am sure his narcissistic personality disorder is only one of the many issues they discuss.

He has let slip in the past that he's needs the services of a therapist. I am sure his narcissistic personality disorder is only one of the many issues they discuss.

Did he really? On a football forum? For complete strangers to read? One can only assume this is a desperate cry for help. I feel quite bad for being so dismissive of that now.

Did he really? On a football forum? For complete strangers to read? One can only assume this is a desperate cry for help. I feel quite bad for being so dismissive of that now.

Yes, it was a while ago. I think he said something along the lines of "my therapist would have a field day with you" when he was accusing me of hating blacks, asians, gays or some other minority group based on a an avatar or something equally as random. He is very good at telling people what they think.

Is it easy to dismiss this as Daily Mail propaganda, but then I was thinking about my own work environment.

My boss, is American. My immediate peers consist of 2 English (I am one), 1 French, 2 Indian, 1 Hungarian. My own is team all outsourced abroad ... so ... for a London office, it's very cosmopolitan with an awful lot of work permits floating around. These are very well paid jobs too.

I guess that's what you get working for a multi-national company, but I hadn't actually thought about it until I saw the news!

Is it easy to dismiss this as Daily Mail propaganda, but then I was thinking about my own work environment.

My boss, is American. My immediate peers consist of 2 English (I am one), 1 French, 2 Indian, 1 Hungarian. My own is team all outsourced abroad ... so ... for a London office, it's very cosmopolitan with an awful lot of work permits floating around. These are very well paid jobs too.

I guess that's what you get working for a multi-national company, but I hadn't actually thought about it until I saw the news!

How many women and disabled people do you have? You need to cover all bases FFS.

It's easy to dismiss the unemployed English as lazy but fact is the sh!t wages these immigrants work for are not sh!t in their country. I don't blame unskilled people for claiming benefits if they are just as well off doing that instead of cleaning bogs for some sc*mbag boss.

Fact is, whatever job any of us on here do there will be someone from some other part of the World willing to do it for half/quarter the wages. Doesn't make us any more or less hard working.

It's easy to dismiss the unemployed English as lazy but fact is the sh!t wages these immigrants work for are not sh!t in their country. I don't blame unskilled people for claiming benefits if they are just as well off doing that instead of cleaning bogs for some sc*mbag boss.

Fact is, whatever job any of us on here do there will be someone from some other part of the World willing to do it for half/quarter the wages. Doesn't make us any more or less hard working.

So are you suggesting we start paying toilet cleaners £15 an hour to make it more attractive?