Two (!) New Snow White Films?!?

DanW

Which sounds more interesting to you:

Snow White with Julia Roberts, Lily Collins, Nathan Lane, Sean Bean, Armie Hammer and lighter and playful with lots of modern jokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs

Coming out in March (in the USA).

Or

Snow White with Charlize Theron, Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, Ian McShane, Bob Hoskins, etc. and really really dark and twisted and ... different.

Coming out in June (in the USA).

I have a gazillion thoughts about these two, but basically it boils down to: I didn't know we needed any Snow White film...but 2? And yet, they both look like they have very interesting elements. I like the darker story better, but the lighter one has a nice cast and Julia Roberts looks from the trailer to be "back," you know? Wow. Just wow for both of these.

Discuss.

One is slated for a March release, which means that their studio doesn't think much of it and therefore are hoping it will be better than the rest of the crap that comes out around then.

The other is an early June release, which the studio clearly thinks will be a big summer movie. Obviously someone has more confidence.