Ebay - Creating an invoice after the auction has ended

Barney Trubble

I have been contacted by someone who wishes to buy an item from me but the auction has ended. We have agreed a lower price and I am happy to sell to them.

However, they require me to send them an invoice for the amount agreed and I can't see how to do this.

Has anyone else had experience of this and how did you solve it?

Just a quick warning against using paypal, about a month ago I sold an item, payment was recieved, and the item was sent to the buyer but I then was contacted by ebay saying the account had been comprimised and not to send the item etc. obviously this was too late and I told ebay who said to contact paypal which I did, with prove of sending, I received very little correspondence for a week or two, then got an email saying it had been resolved, so I assumed this meant I'd got my money back, oh no, they'd refunded the guy and didn't even tell me in the case closed area, I had to hunt around to find it.

Clearly Paypal and Ebay aren't there to look after the seller, luckily it was only for £35, but its the principle more than the money, and the fact that some scumbag probably has my item for free, plus there's loads of similar cases online for big money.

I have been contacted by someone who wishes to buy an item from me but the auction has ended. We have agreed a lower price and I am happy to sell to them.

However, they require me to send them an invoice for the amount agreed and I can't see how to do this.

Has anyone else had experience of this and how did you solve it?

I've literally only got into eBay these last two weeks, and already bought 7 things, I'm hooked! (Took me long enough...)

But I hadn't thought about asking sellers whether they'd sell an item after the auction is over. It's a good idea, if they have something they want rid, and it's something I want - but is it common practise or being a bit cheeky?

I've literally only got into eBay these last two weeks, and already bought 7 things, I'm hooked! (Took me long enough...)

But I hadn't thought about asking sellers whether they'd sell an item after the auction is over. It's a good idea, if they have something they want rid, and it's something I want - but is it common practise or being a bit cheeky?

Saves them the 10% commision fee so don't see why not