Tonights NRJ awards in Cannes

ART

Tonight is a big night here in France with the annual NRJ awards. Such a pity it is not shown on UK TV as it offers a difference regard on the music scene across the channel.

An interesting performance started the show. Singing her own version of France's Bob Dylan FRANCIS CABREL'S "Je l'aime a mourir" (I'll love her/him till I die)

Here is SHAKIRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMRFMCjSks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcPE63QWd0&feature=related

Edited by ART

NOLWENN LEROY is from Britanny and has revived the ancient and traditional Breton Nationalist song Tri Mar To Lod" and had sold 5 million copies of her Album of Breton music.

I have quite a few Alan Stivell albums and I love his version of the song. I have a real soft spot for Breton traditional music. Bombardes, pipes, hurdy-gurdy!

I have quite a few Alan Stivell albums and I love his version of the song. I have a real soft spot for Breton traditional music. Bombardes, pipes, hurdy-gurdy!
I love Stivell and saw him here in Montpellier back in 1974 at the height of his success. He's absolutely brilliant, a genius. He and Nolwenn are often performing together and it was Stivell who encouraged her to go against her management and put out the Breton album. It's been her biggest success. Take a look on Youtube, you'll find videos of them performing together. Look at those eyes of Nolwenn, true Celtic eyes. Do you know Celtic Women and their music?