Who are You?

pressingon

When reading posts I often wonder about the people writing them regarding their Saints history and thought it would be interesting if we posted a quick introduction

I'm 60/live in New Forest/first game lost at home to Plymouth 1961 (think keeper was injured and Terry Paine went in goal then later swapped with someone else/STH Kingsland

43 Live in Vienna, Austria and Cambridge, England.

My family is based in Vienna, but I currently work 2 weeks of every month in Cambridge.

Started supporting the Saints after I went to see them at Wembley in the 1977 League cup final against Nottingham Forest (lost 2-3) what a goal by Nick Holmes.

Fair Oak

First game 1977 - 0-0 FA Cup game vs Everton, watched from the chocolate boxes (we lost the replay 1-0, O'Keiffe getting the winner, which I thought was a stupid way of spelling my name)

First away lord knows! More than likely a London game, Chelsea I expect. Gonna have to think about this more...

26, Bitterne. First game, 2-1 win against West Ham at The Dell, we scored, Frank Lampard equalised, and then we scored the winner, right in front of me as I was sat behind the goal.

Never could figure out why I remember West Ham's scorer and not ours!

24, lives in Tromsø, Norway. First match: 3-2 win against Arsenal at St. Marys.

Visited Tromso (sorry can't do funny o) three years ago. Lovely city. I'm 63, first Saints game 1967 - can't remember who. Now Kingsland North. Live near Shrewsbury.

Edited by Shroppie

49 Live in Amesbury first match in 69 but cannot find programme i had from the game or remember who we played and

stood under west stand,then had season ticket row 2 under east stand right on halfway line, later moved to Milton stand

Cannot remember first away match..:?

Now in Chapel Stand...

53. Local. 1st game Nov 64. 6-1 win v. Rotherham. O'Brien and Chivers with hat-tricks.

1st away. Jan66. 5-2 win at Farton Park. Norman Dean hat-trick.

Fair Oak

First game 1977 - 0-0 FA Cup game vs Everton, watched from the chocolate boxes (we lost the replay 1-0, O'Keiffe getting the winner, which I thought was a stupid way of spelling my name)

First away lord knows! More than likely a London game, Chelsea I expect. Gonna have to think about this more...

This was in 1981.

31, Live in Chester.

Grew up near Brighton until I was 10, came from a non footballing family so only had a passing interest in Brighton (shamefully now, they've always been my 2nd team ironically). Moved oop North and was told on the playground that I had to support either Man Utd or Liverpool. Thought fook that and picked Saints as I was vaguely from there and was massive MLT fan. Was purely an armchair fan for a few years with the occasional away game (first was Bolton away in about 98/99 I think) but then moved into a flat and found out my neighbour was also a Saint. We go to as many away games up this neck of the woods and try to get to the odd home game.

So I'm not an Uber-fan by some people's logic on here but I still bleed read & white!

49. Living in Brisbane

1st game, dunno, only one that springs to mind is Spuds, not sure of the year, 78/79 prob.

!st away dunno, altzheimers is well and truly set in. Followed saints all over UK and europe, curtousy of foleys coaches, special times,Hamburg, Sporting Lisbon, Limerick, Happy days.

Highlight for me, just about everything but Skates away in 84 would prob nick it :D

57-- In the Forez hills West of St Etienne and East of Clermont Ferrand. Scientist..can't say more

First home game 1960 Under the West Stand, right down by the wall stood on a box. We won; might have been Bradford.

What type of scientist, the clever type or the Tom Cruise type?

31 - live in Reading. Bullied into being a Saints fan by my old man when I was 6, loved them ever since.

First Saints game I think was around 1995 - away at QPR. We lost 3-0. No Matt Le Tiss in the team, I remember Kevin Gallen scoring, Franny B scoring an own goal, and Mark Walters coming off the bench.

lol.

Very old and wrinkly, live in Shirley, first match late 50's cant remember who we played but remember sitting next to Terry Paine's first wife, think she an ice skating teacher and gave me lessons, was taken by my uncles who both used to work as stewards in the Director's Box. My first away match was I think circa 1965/6 away to Newcastle, remember lying to my parents that I was staying round a friend's house and got on a coach at the Dell and went to Newcastle instead, and have had the bug ever since. I really dont know what I would do without Saints in my life.

50 years old - Lived in Fair Oak for 19 years having moved down from Norwich in 1993.

Never a NCFC supporter although I did go to Carrow Road a few times in my youth - Rugby was my sport !

A new work colleague had season tickets to The Dell and took me along a few times, where I was converted to SFC by being mesmerised by a certain Mr MLT, and the passionate fans that stood so close to the pitch.

First game was fortunate - Swindon home early in the 1993/94 season that we won 5-1 ( A recall a Jeff Kenna screamer that game)..

Been a committed Saint ever since.

35 - live in Nottingham, but from Plymouth (have a soft spot for them as well)

1st home game was Sheff Wed at the dell in the 90's, 2-2, MLT got both.

1st away game was Plymouth - in a friendly in about 83 / 84, was also my 1st ever game to see.

Supported the Saints since Keegan signed.

53. Local. 1st game Nov 64. 6-1 win v. Rotherham. O'Brien and Chivers with hat-tricks.

You could be me....

53 live in Rownhams

Addicted since looking through the turnstiles at Milton Road where my auntie lived and saw

the game going on that my dad and uncle were at in about 64.

52 Lived near Brisbane, Australia since 2003. Originally from Waltham Chase in that no-mans land between Southampton and the blue few. First ever game was in the mid to late 60's and actually at the wrong ground as my uncle was one of the blue few. I forgave him as second game was at the Dell under floodlights. Can't remember who either team played. Have only ever been to FP once since and that was when Steve Moran scored the winner in the 89th minute.

I think my first ever away game was the 76 FA Cup semi final. Between the late 70 and mid 80's went to virtually every game home and away (including KK's first game in a Saints shirt with the good old travel club. 24 hour coach trip there, 90 minute bore draw and 24 hours back without a pub stop to be seen). That period was probably my favourite time as a Saints fan and for most away games used to travel with Clive Foley's mob when he was still a spotty teenager. Sometimes they used to take more coaches than the travel club!

That sort of stopped when I first got married and I had to be content with mainly home games.

Since I've been in Australia I've managed to get back in 2006, 2010 and 2012 (fingers crossed) to see some games, but those flights are a killer! :)

42 Live in Warsash

First home game Notts Forest 1978 0-0. I supported Liverpool at the time but the only way to see them was to get a mini season ticket with my Dad. By the time the Liverpool came around I had swapped to support Saints (I was young & impressionable at the time!!)

First season ticket was the season with King Kev & we finished 2nd in 1981.

First away Wimbedon early nineties ( the game where Benali kung fu tackled Fashunu:) )

54 now, Romsey dweller, hooked since 1966 when stood in West Stand v Forest won 2-1. First away game Orient 1974? Milton Road ender as teenager; then East Stand with family. Now STH on Northam with wife and 2 daughters in a row.

Car reg GK58 SFC!

32 years old, live in Millbronx now and apart from a sojourn in Cardiff have lived in Southampton all my life. Am originally from Freemantle.

First game was 1986 - Full Members Cup tie with Norwich at the Dell. Sat in the East Stand with my old man, near the corner flag. We lost - 2-1. I would go on to see us regularly from then on, eventually going to games on my own with mates when I was 11-12.

My first away was in 1987 - Charlton Athletic - which was played at Selhurst Park. We hammered them 3-1.

I don't go to as many games as I used to due to family commitments but still attend around half of our home fixtures every year. I love the Saints, and am taking my 6 year old lad to his first game this Saturday. "AND THUS, THE CIRCLE OF LIFE BEGINS ANEW!"

32 - Live in Ocean Village. Apart from my stint in the Marines and living in London for a year, I have lived here my entire life, originally from Calmore.

First game was home to Newcastle when Le Tissier scored that incredible goal, or was it Liverpool that season where it snowed and had the orange ball... can't rembmer which was earlier!

Live in Plymouth (From Southampton on the East side of the Itchen)

First game at home - My family aren't really football supporters as most of them are women, so whilst I liked football as a kid I didn't really support anyone until I went to The Dell, as a school trip, when I showed an interest in the club my sister, who worked in the corperate took me to a game, no idea who played though, and didn't really go properly until we moved to SMS (I think my first league game was Leeds in our first season at SMS and I was on MOTD that night!)

First game away - Bristol City away in the Carling Cup (in 2002-2003 I think) it was a night game and I went on the bingo bus with a mate!

Hoping to get a season ticket next year when I move back to Southampton

Edited by Mattio

This is no doubt going to get me some stick.

21, live in Weymouth.

First home game - It was before this, but the game that got me hooked was Blackburn at home in 2004. 3-2 win with a penalty in the last minute. Wasn't even into football before this game, let alone Saints.

First away - Old Trafford in the same season. Think we lost 3-0.

Had a season ticket for the last 5 seasons running now.

bizarrely (well, not really) i just looked that up too! Totally correct, it was 1981. i've just lost 4 years of my life :(

Didnt look it up. Remember the away game all to well. A very annoying evening which we should have won, before losing in extra-time. Twice in 3 years to those bar-stewards.