What song would you want at your funeral?

kwsaint

My dad had OWTS at his funeral. Loved non league Bromley in his young days. Moved to Chandlers Ford in 63 and started going to the Dell, took me and my sister in the 70's. He had a season ticket for his last 6 years untill he passed away in 2002.

A couple of songs from the Ivor Biggun LP - "The Winkers Song" and the other one about farting. And assuming I don't die without warning I shall be recording a speech which will start off with me sounding like I'm banging on the coffin lid...."let me out, let me out, I feel much better now...!"

For some unknown reason though Mrs JGH objects.

I have no idea why.

I think it's funny.

My father in law passed away at New Year, my eldest girl (nearly 4) use to sing 'You are my Sunshine' to him, always brought a tear to his eye, there was only going to be one song played at his funeral and I found the track cover by a Winchester fella by the name of Frank Turner. Baj done some great work and merged my the audio from a video of my daughter singing it to him and it faded into the Frank Turner version. Was extremely emotional but a fantastic touch. A cracking cover, well worth a listen. (sorry about ad, skip after 5 secs).

"I'm getting buried in the morning"

"Come on baby light my pyre"

"Down down, deeper and down"

Joking apart, I'm with ron managers pistols theme. Got to be Pretty Vacant, nothing else would cut it. Trouble is, it would probably wake me up.