Saints for Sale

Guided Missile

I swear some people on here must be fecking stupid! Cortese goes on record today, saying he's trying to build something for the future and then lol, the next minute a rumour that we're for sale in a couple months!!

There's no shortage of bollix floating about out there no doubt but why give this evidently turdsome piece of crap credence by posting it on here???

Surely people must have some functioning brain cells left surely?!!

I swear some people on here must be fecking stupid! Cortese goes on record today, saying he's trying to build something for the future and then lol, the next minute a rumour that we're for sale in a couple months!!

There's no shortage of bollix floating about out there no doubt but why give this evidently turdsome piece of crap credence by posting it on here???

Knowing the business that John is in, and the people he mixes with I would say that if he has heard something it will most likely be from a business contact and would hold some credence. Could well not be true but it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world considering our owner is dead. No one has said they completely believe it, simply that they wouldn't be surprised. I imagine that Cortese would want to continue to be in charge should any sale happen though but that's just my opinion.

I assume Nicola would stay in charge. I remember an interview that was on the BBC website in which he said he had several interested potential investors just in case the Liebherrs wanted to sell. I'm not concerned either way with NC in charge, in fact i fully trust him with the club I love.

Knowing the business that John is in, and the people he mixes with I would say that if he has heard something it will most likely be from a business contact and would hold some credence. Could well not be true but it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world considering our owner is dead. No one has said they completely believe it, simply that they wouldn't be surprised. I imagine that Cortese would want to continue to be in charge should any sale happen though but that's just my opinion.

It's bollix. Don't care if it comes from Barack Obama. It's highly unlikely given the substantial investment we are evidently about to just embark on.

Bollix.

Neither would I. With our owner gone it would make perfect logical sense. I would imagine that they will be sensible with the sale though and not sell to just anyone.

Exactly, they aren't in for the long haul, they will have achieved their goal at less than half the price. It was a very good investment, which is always how it's been seen, I believe.

Big words from someone who has no idea, as we all don't. He is building for the future, and he may well be part of that future, but who are you to say this will definitely be under the Liebherrs?

Exactly, they aren't in for the long haul, they will have achieved their goal at less than half the price. It was a very good investment, which is always how it's been seen, I believe.

I totally agree. I can certainly see them selling for that price regardless of if a new training ground is being built. It's not exactly a controversial view. FWIW I reckon we would be most likely to be sold at the end of next season if we are still in the premiership.

I find the idea that we will be sold sometime in the next two or three years far more plausible than all this guff about how 'in love with the club' the Leibherrs are. Developing Staplewood is not to me proof that we will never be sold. Its over extravagent but essentially Cortese is sticking a loft conversion in to make it a more stable and "future proof" football investment. He's basically an Italian Sarah Beeney. Just with smaller norks.

Big words from someone who has no idea, as we all don't. He is building for the future, and he may well be part of that future, but who are you to say this will definitely be under the Liebherrs?

No one knows the future, but to consider something like this without any due evidence is pathetic to even consider. People posting this rubbish on the same day the club an mainstream media are reporting massive investment in to the club is absurd!

Notice you love to pop up on a thread angling at any element of negativity but are nowhere to be seen on others.

But then again, you are HYPOCHONDRIACH...

Not entering into this again. I post in all threads both positive and negative. This thread isn't negative anyway it's just discussing the possibility of us being sold. You are welcome to your absolute certainty that it will not happen but not everyone believes that to be the case. Oh and learn to spell...

I love it how when threads like this are started the happy clappy types appear and squeal at anyone who dares to remain open minded.

Precisely! I'm not even saying I believe it to be true, simply that it wouldn't surprise me and seems like a logical thing for the family to do. Apparently that view is offensive to the usual suspects...

Didn't Cortese say a while ago that if Markus' family sell up he has some rich buddies that will buy the club?
I said earlier in the week that my take on things was we might be sold on, but with NC pushing his project (and it is his project) on. None of us know, but I can't see ML's family holding on for ever now he's gone.

What if the people buying us were going to invest even more than ML?

Like I said earlier, not overly bothered about the liebherrs now that Markus is gone, as long as Cortese is in charge I expect to be in equally good hands of not better.

But still do not think we will be up for sale next season based on stupid hearsay...

I find the idea that we will be sold sometime in the next two or three years far more plausible than all this guff about how 'in love with the club' the Leibherrs are. Developing Staplewood is not to me proof that we will never be sold. Its over extravagent but essentially Cortese is sticking a loft conversion in to make it a more stable and "future proof" football investment. He's basically an Italian Sarah Beeney. Just with smaller norks.

Thr training ground is to ensure that on selling the club we have THE BEST infrastructure we could have. £10m investment now is worth £20m on selling the club in the Prem.,It's just a very wise investment.

Precisely! I'm not even saying I believe it to be true, simply that it wouldn't surprise me and seems like a logical thing for the family to do. Apparently that view is offensive to the usual suspects...

If we all remain calm then this isn't an issue. It's only when people start flapping that these discussions become an issue.

and you will be all over this no doubt

Not sure what that means. The Lebherrs selling the club is hardly a negative viewpoint. If anything it could work out even better for all we know. I imagine if Cortese has someone lined up that we would be in relatively safe hands.

The voice of reason. As always.

Is this like the last few times we've been up for sale over the last couple of years?!

Of course it will happen eventually but my bet is that this thread will dissapear until someone else posts something similar in a few months.

And at 75M, someone would have to buy for love over money as there is not a chance in hell you would ever make more than that from a club the size of Saints.

Is this like the last few times we've been up for sale over the last couple of years?!

Of course it will happen eventually but my bet is that this thread will dissapear until someone else posts something similar in a few months.

And at 75M, someone would have to buy for love over money as there is not a chance in hell you would ever make more than that from a club the size of Saints.

Good point. No guarantee that someone will actually pay what they are asking...

The single most important factor to Southampton Football club at this crucial stage of transition is Nicola Cortese!

The liebherrs were never going to sustain the level of interest and participation that was clearly so important to Markus.

Is it likely ownership of Saints will change hands in the future, more than likely, it is probable.

Is it going to happen next season? if it does, I'll buy a season ticket @ ****e-on park!

Cortese in my opinion, will still be chairman in the event of introducing new owners, and for this reason alone, there is absolutely NO cause for concern when it does actually manifest!