Adrian Caceres

Maggie May

Care to explain?

Yeah, sorry, probably should!

I was doing freelance stuff for the Echo at the time, covering the U-16 and U-18 teams. I had built up a decent relationship with Stewart Henderson and every week I'd go to Staplewood to interview one of the Academy Scholars for a short piece in the Pink on the Saturday, and then I'd also go to the Youth games and do a report on them on Sat morning.

This one particular week, Jacinto had just given a brief interview to someone else at the Echo at the time saying how he wanted an opportunity to show what he could do, and having a little moan about the lack of such an opportunity.

As a result of this, and unbeknownst to me, WGS had subsequently banned any players under 21 from doing interviews with the media without his permission. If the Echo knew, they hadn't told me!

I turned up at Staplewood on a Thursday morning, and after training, as I normally did, asked Stewart Henderson if I could speak with one of the players... don't remember who it was that week, possibly Matt Crowell or Brett Poate. Stew said 'No problem' and went and got him. The player came out and I started to interview them by the corner of the main training pitch at Staplewood, next to where Neil Moss, Paul Jones and Michael Stensgaard (I think) were doing some drills with GK coach David Coles.

Before I knew it, across the pitch came WGS heading straight for me! While he was still 15 metres away he started shouting 'Oi! You! What are you doing? Stop talking to him!' ... the player sheepishly backed away and went back into the clubhouse, and all the GK's stopped training and watched as WGS started having a right go at me, and I couldn't get a word in for a good minute or so! At the end of it, he just walked away from me, all the GK's laughing at what just happened!

I found Stewart Henderson again and told him what happened, and he, quite nonchalently just said 'Oh yeah, forgot about that, sorry' before disappearing off to do whatever he had to do next!

I laugh about it now obviously, but at the time it was quite scary having the wrath of WGS directed at you!

Cosimo Sarli is playing for Italian Serie D side Ischia Isolaverde.

Pereplyotkin now plays in Uzbekistan for Nasaf Quarshi.

Ollie Phillipson-Masters, son of Forbes, has played for Bournemouth "Poppies" F.C. of the Wessex League since August 2009.

Jay Lucas last played in 2006/07 for Marconi Stallions in Australia.

• 4 years later...