Hampshire CCC 2012 Season Thread

Window Cleaner

Starting our CC Div 2 campaign today at the Aegeas against Gloucs.

Got off to a decent start with Gloucs at 89/4 at one time but now they're pushing on at about 131/4

Seem to be a lot of extras already 30 so far, no doubt to be expected in the first real game of the season whilst everybody finds their marks.

A green top and rightly so that Hants inserted Glous.

Great bowling from Balcombe. Wood deserved better. Beat the bat and got movement but no luck

Rain breaks did not help either side.

Yes, we have let them off the hook and need to take early wickets tomorrow.

Looks like a 250 wicket!

Frustrating day today - we are going to struggle taking 20 wickets this season...

Start to the day wasn't bad with 2 quick wickets for Balcombe but Dent seems to be proving what we saw a few times last season, if you get your head down and graft against Hampshire's attack then there's probably not enough oomph or guile to get you out anyway.

Went yesterday. Bar the weather an enjoyable day. Clearly we misjudged the pitch by leaving Briggsy out thank goodness Dawson stepped up to the plate. Whats with Jimmy Adams though ? Left out for "personal reasons" his form has been poor so far and now this.

Went yesterday. Bar the weather an enjoyable day. Clearly we misjudged the pitch by leaving Briggsy out thank goodness Dawson stepped up to the plate. Whats with Jimmy Adams though ? Left out for "personal reasons" his form has been poor so far and now this.
Jimmy Adams had an illness in the family. No other reason.

If Carberry had not been fit Adam Rouse was going to be in for him.

Hows does everyone feel about Hampshire naming one of their stands 'The Shane Warne' stand. I've got be honest It doesn't sit too well with me. Malcolm Marshall, Robin Smith definately...but not Shane. I'm willing to be shot down in flames over this, it just seems a blatently commercial decision....but I guess we need the ker-ching.

Hows does everyone feel about Hampshire naming one of their stands 'The Shane Warne' stand. I've got be honest It doesn't sit too well with me. Malcolm Marshall, Robin Smith definately...but not Shane. I'm willing to be shot down in flames over this, it just seems a blatently commercial decision....but I guess we need the ker-ching.

Last season the restaurant was opened as the Shane Warne suite. When I arrived pre season it had been changed to the Ageas Suite. Thought that was a bit strange but I did get a whisper that something was happening the day before the WestIndies game involving former captains. I was told one was Colin Ingleby-Mackenzie which I thought a bit strange as he was dead and the other was to be confirmed. Now it all fits in place.

We already have the road named after the Marshalls. We have the Robin Smith Suite, the Shackleton Suite , the Udal Suite, the Richards Suite and Greenidge Suite along with the Aurther Holt Pavillion overlooking the nursery ground.

Happy with the two new additions.

On a different tact Hampshire are trialing a 23 year old Ausi all rounder Glenn Maxwell who has played for Victoria and the Daredevils in this years IPL!

Northants currently 218 for 8 Edit make that 9 Edit again all out for 218. Woods 4 wickets (3 were bowled!) Ervine 3 Griffiths 2 and Balcombe 1.

Dawson took 3 catches in the slips.

Edited by Weston Saint

Not looking good - pray for rain (there is lots around).

Obviously not enough, all out 179,lost by 117,we were 94/2 as well, then another predictable collapse to about 108/5,after that just a steady loss of wickets.Need a new coach or manager or something, can't continue this way.

Another dreadful batting display - is there any proper leadership - do they lack concentration? There is something going badly wrong.

Well I presumed we were going for the runs at first but surely that would have stopped at the fall of Katich who was 3rd out.

Crazy one day batting again I guess.

I'm genuinley not concerned..the bowlings doing well, and our batsmen don't become **** overnight, i genuinley still belie we will go up this year..well I've even put my money where my mouth is & shoved £20.00 on it today..keep the faith guys we've got some great young players.

I'm genuinley not concerned..the bowlings doing well, and our batsmen don't become **** overnight, i genuinley still belie we will go up this year..well I've even put my money where my mouth is & shoved £20.00 on it today..keep the faith guys we've got some great young players.

Missing MacKenzie already though,a true 4 day batsman,stabilised the innings plenty of times last season.

In theory Katich should have been an adequate replacement but the English conditions might be troubling him so far.Losing whole days to rain certainly doesn't help though.Adams missing again as well.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well I hope you're right but they are not delivering at present. It's a great shame.

Dont forget Shafayat can bowl.

That's a bit like saying Vince and Carberry can bowl. He's taken 8 first class wickets at the age of 27. He is however a quality bat and was once rated a future England international in the making so fingers crossed.

He's certainly made a good start, some of his drives today were lovely to watch.