This Qatada fella

Thedelldays

We make the law, we can change the law. It is not immutable.

Indeed it is not.

In our system both the Government, and in certain circumstances the Judiciary, can change law. HMG however cannot ride roughshod over the rights of the individual - even wildly unpopular individuals - without the consent of the Courts or Parliament. I would hope everyone reading this is capable of understanding the importance of this principle. Government, like the police, must never be above the law.

In theory anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I see the ECHR have said it is against another terrorist's Human Rights to be sent to the USA . part of the Abul Hamza group

If those judges making these judgements are convinced his Human Rights are infringed then why not take him into own Country , The Uk should not be responsible.

ruling that sending him to the US would breach his human rights.

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) decided that Broadmoor patient Aswat's probable incarceration in a high security prison could "exacerbate his condition of paranoid schizophrenia".

The terror suspect and suspected ally of Abu Hamza is wanted by US prosecutors for allegedly plotting with Hamza to set up a terror training camp in Bly, Oregon.

I see the ECHR have said it is against another terrorist's Human Rights to be sent to the USA . part of the Abul Hamza group

If those judges making these judgements are convinced his Human Rights are infringed then why not take him into own Country , The Uk should not be responsible.

ruling that sending him to the US would breach his human rights.

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) decided that Broadmoor patient Aswat's probable incarceration in a high security prison could "exacerbate his condition of paranoid schizophrenia".

The terror suspect and suspected ally of Abu Hamza is wanted by US prosecutors for allegedly plotting with Hamza to set up a terror training camp in Bly, Oregon.

Just seen that! Sooner we stand up to the EU numpties the better!

It might not be anything to do with the EU per sae but it is based in the Eu.

It only applies to members of the EU Saintandy666 or had you not picked up on that point?

I don't understand what you mean. The ECHR is part of the Council of Europe. The EU's top court is the European Court of Justice.

SaintANDY

My point is the that whilst the ECHR is part of the Council of Europe it applies to EU members they have signed up to the HRA articles. Germany is the only country if I seem to remember correctly who are not signed up to the HRA but to the Grundgesetz.

Those affected are the 47 countries that make up the Council of Europe

The EJC is the top european court, but for purely EC matters.

Its easy to mix up the two legislative bodies but equally it applies to EC members. maybe they should use one court and cut out the beaurocracy!

SaintANDY

My point is the that whilst the ECHR is part of the Council of Europe it applies to EU members they have signed up to the HRA articles. Germany is the only country if I seem to remember correctly who are not signed up to the HRA but to the Grundgesetz.

Its easy to mix up the two legislative bodies but equally it applies to EC members. maybe they should use one court and cut out the beaurocracy!

And who is paying for all these courts??

SaintANDY

This is very true, all EU members are signed up to it(and rightly so). I think I did read something somewhere recently about plans for the EU to accede to the ECHR which would mean you could take the EU to the ECHR!

Makes my blood boil

Because the Courts uphold the Law ?

Teresa May was told by the Judges that she needed to sort out a stronger agreement with Jordan regarding the evidence pertaining to a possible trial there, it looks like she hasn't done it.

Are the case submissions on line........

This is the Feb 2013 hearing

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/279.html

This is the March 11th hearing

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/277.html&query=qatada&method=titleall

And this is the Jan 2012 ECHR hearing

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/eu/cases/ECHR/2012/56.html&query=qatada&method=titleall

Edited by badgerx16

To be honest, why don't the UK simply ignore the ruling and deport him anyway. There are other countries that regularly ignore the European or international law for their own benefit and just get a token slap on the wrist.

St Jim good idea but think of the outcry from all the human rights groups that exist . I see labour keep having cheap shots at the current gov about this . I would like to remind folk the quatada saga started during the Blair /brown watch . I'm trying to get my head round the mou mentioned in the previous rulings sent to me by badger

Because the Courts uphold the Law ?

Teresa May was told by the Judges that she needed to sort out a stronger agreement with Jordan regarding the evidence pertaining to a possible trial there, it looks like she hasn't done it.

The law is an ASS, the whole reason he is in this country. anyway looks like Mrs May is sorted it.....

Stick him on the first Jordanian flight out of London. Send the rest a message, 'get out voluntarily or you'll be going too, sooner rather than later'. There is no place in this country for foreign terrorists.

Margaret Thatcher arrived at the gates of heaven.

St. Peter apologetically said -"Sorry we are not quite ready for you yet".

"We are sending you back to your old job for a few days."

In a puff of smoke she was back in Westminster .

Ten minutes later, Abu Qatada was on a plane to Jordan!!!!

I can't believe in this era of political correctness how ineffective MI5 have become. In the past this would have long been dealt with, with Abu Qatada's trussed up body found floating in the River Thames. May has left us the laughing stock of Europe

I can't believe in this era of political correctness how ineffective MI5 have become. In the past this would have long been dealt with, with Abu Qatada's trussed up body found floating in the River Thames. May has left us the laughing stock of Europe

I am not sure is mays fault, more like the legal handcuffs with which she has to work with.

The law is an ASS, the whole reason he is in this country. anyway looks like Mrs May is sorted it.....

I am not sure is mays fault, more like the legal handcuffs with which she has to work with.

Parliament makes the Law, the Judges interpret it within an established context. Who is to blame - those that create a flawed product, or those that have to implement it ?

Parliament makes the Law, the Judges interpret it within an established context. Who is to blame - those that create a flawed product, or those that have to implement it ?

A bit of both, however to land the blame at mays doorstep is a little unfair, weve been trying to get shot of him for years.

Tony and Gordon even sent him some freebie Flybe tickets in the hope he would go quietly.:)

Back in the day we had a powerful ..take noooo shiiiite from anyone...:rolleyes:

Or did they send the tickets so as he could visit the UK for a holiday:p

Edited by ottery st mary

Tony and Gordon even sent him some freebie Flybe tickets in the hope he would go quietly.:)

Back in the day we had a powerful ..take noooo shiiiite from anyone...:rolleyes:

Or did they send the tickets so as he could visit the UK for a holiday:p

To be fair, Londinistan was well-established before the 1997 landslide victory.

A sad day for our soldiers with three lads killed in afghan and now the following.

what is it with our judges, they will not throw out qatada but order a retrial for Danny.

An SAS sniper who was charged with illegally possessing a pistol and ammunition is to face a retrial.

Sgt Danny Nightingale, from Crewe, had denied illegally possessing a 9mm Glock pistol and ammunition at his court martial in November.

His military detention sentence was overturned at the Court of Appeal in March.

A judge ordered the retrial at a hearing at the Military Court Centre in Bulford, Wiltshire.

Judge Advocate Jeff Blackett said there was no abuse of process relating to the content of emails apparently leaked by a Ministry of Defence source, which were referred to for the first time at the hearing.

They have a bast*rd like qatada in Australia as well. Here is a clip from 2 years ago.

hmmm ...a Current Affair.

Awful program that once made a clip about how a can of coke was healthier than a punnet of strawberries and better for you due to less sugars in the coke. A program that like a few posters on here picks and takes stats/angles to make a topic 'exclusive' one way or the other.

Well if you don't mind someone staying in your country at your expence after being told to leave 3 times good on you.

Oh yes and he has several kids who also are sponging off the taxpayer :lol: So glad I don't live in Aussie :lol:

If you think he was 'told' to leave then thats upto you to believe...especially considering how strict they were on immigration back in the Howard days mentioned in that clip. As I say..that program is awful and only gives out facts to make 'shock' stories.

• 2 months later...