Time to tell Simon Cowell to f**k off.

alpine_saint

I dont even see his tortuous cheesecake shows, but even I am sick to death of the media saturation from over here.

The media is full of stories about who Cowell has knobbed (I saw three articles in the same website on the same day over the weekend); I couldnt give a sh*t, and if so many women are utterly tasteless and money-grabbing that they will knob a smug aggressive pygmy who I still believe bats for the other side despite this blantant PR drive to cover up whatever story is out there threatening to break, then more fool them

He also doesnt get what makes a great act - desperation to get out of poverty, not precise coaching from a self-opinionated arsewipe.

Simon, F*CK OFF and take your sh*t five-minute manufactured pop b*ll*cks with you.

I dont even see his tortuous cheesecake shows, but even I am sick to death of the media saturation from over here.

The media is full of stories about who Cowell has knobbed (I saw three articles in the same website on the same day over the weekend); I couldnt give a sh*t, and if so many women are utterly tasteless and money-grabbing that they will knob a smug aggressive pygmy who I still believe bats for the other side despite this blantant PR drive to cover up whatever story is out there threatening to break, then more fool them

He also doesnt get what makes a great act - desperation to get out of poverty, not precise coaching from a self-opinionated arsewipe.

Simon, F*CK OFF and take your sh*t five-minute manufactured pop b*ll*cks with you.

Word.

The problem is basically that teenage girls are stupid. As long as that remains the case, Simon Cowell will always be there to make money out of them.

Teenage boys are stupid too, that's why we have Nuts magazine and Blink 182.

That's the worrying thing, his shows and acts are popular!

That's the worrying thing, his shows and acts are popular!

Well, they get a lot of syndicated publicity and 'prime time' TV slots, milking money from the 'great British public' whilst doling out lowest common denominator 'entertainment', and the plebs lap it up, ( apparently ).

I don't understand talent shows now. I don't watch them, I've seen bits of a few when other people have them on over the years, but not sure which versions.

But what would have to happen for it to be surprising? Lots of people can sing. At best you'll get a brilliant karaoke singer. But there's already loads of good singers. The best musicians aren't always the best singers. New music is what's needed. Whether to my tastes or not, songwriting and originality means infinitely more. I don't want to hear a fame hungry sell-out who happens to have a good voice covering a song so badly you can barely listen to the original anymore.

It won't create any stars anymore, it won't bring us new music, it'll just profit the producers, encourage more generations of fame-hungry, shallow vacuous fcks demanding attention for fck all effort and zero talent. Cowell once admitted he wasn't necessarily proud of a lot of it, but if he didn't do it, 'someone else would'. Always one of the worst defences. But it's an unjust world. He's exploited morons and made a fortune, but he's good at it. The wider world suffers, it's a victory for ignorance and complete lack of taste once again, but there are far worse crimes.

Louis Walsh and Pete Waterman still marginally deserve a harsher beating.

I've watched the German versions featuring Dieter (stood on a cats tail) Bohlen from Modern Talking in Cowell's place.

The first round auditions can be quite funny when you get all the freaks turn up thinking they can sing like an angel or with some really weird act.

But the later stages where the focus is on those with some degree of talent and varying shades of grey are f**king tedious. And I hate Cowell trying to hog the Christimas #1 slot, exploiting blubber sentimentality, thats why the net campaign to get Rage Against the Machine to #1 for Christmas was f**king funny.

Simon Cowell's genius was to recognise that the stupid outnumber the discerning. I am still living with the unexpected elevation of One Direction to the music world. My twelve year old thinks that they are amazing, and she's not alone. They've broken America, ffs.

As for the talent shows? Almost entirely without merit, and feeds into this "something-for-nothing" era of wish-fulfilment. The baying crowds on the likes of X-Factor and BGT could just as easily be cheering on lions having a chow-down on Christians.

The problem is basically that teenage girls are stupid. As long as that remains the case, Simon Cowell will always be there to make money out of them.

Teenage boys are stupid too, that's why we have Nuts magazine and Blink 182.

Hey now.... Woah, back up. Their selt titled is a legit album.

No difference to the Beatles, when told to scream those girls will scream! Are you telling me teenage girls sought a significantly higher standard of music on the 60's? No they just wanted to be near the popular handsome men.

Although the Beatles are still popular 50 years later, it's a bit precious to worry about One Direction, who are just doing what Take That did, and they've achieved some 'credibility'.

Also, agree with Shandy - Blink 182 (and the other band with numbers and letters in their name - JJ something) aren't the best example to compare - again, they have/had a bit of credibility - at least some passion and guitars, you could say the same about Reef, but I'd put them lower down the ladder.