438 members have voted

1. 1. 2012 Player of the Season

• Cork
    • Davis
    • Hooiveld
    • Lallana
    • Lambert
    • Schneiderlin

Yet another poll that would have benefited by having the option to cast multiple votes. With only one vote allowed, it makes very dull reading. I realise that this is for the man of the season only, but with only one option we don't see a scale representative of 2nd, 3rd etc. I mean, you can't really count the votes of the numpties that didn't vote for Lambo can you! ;)

This poll seems a bit silly - Lambert's been voted the best player in the championship this season - as we're a subset of the championship, surely he should automatically win Southampton player of the year?

Reflects in the voting I guess :)

There is a difference between 'Best Player' and 'Player of the Season'.

If someone less than the best puts in a shift beyond what was expected of him I reckon that can deserve a vote.

The 'best player' may get himself stupidly sent off a cost his team vital points by being unavailable - would he still deserve 'Player of the Season'?

Scoring more goals than anyone else is a fantastic achievement but it's also a very high profile and specific statistic but not one a goalkeeper is ever going to be chalking up.

Would we be where we are without Hooiveld? Almost certainly not, therefore worthy of a vote.

Anyway, congratulations to Rickie, I consider you a great player and worthy winner. (note for Alpine before he accuses me of being a Rickie-hater)