1. 1. 2012 Player of the Season

• Cork
    • Davis
    • Hooiveld
    • Lallana
    • Lambert
    • Schneiderlin

Hooiveld.

Lambert has very much met expectations (Champ player of the season and top goal scorer) but who would have thought Hooiveld could have ended up as our key cb and blow away the expectations we held for him.

That is mental.

Hooiveld.

Lambert has very much met expectations (Champ player of the season and top goal scorer) but who would have thought Hooiveld could have ended up as our key cb and blow away the expectations we held for him.

This is meant to be player of the season not who most exceeded expectations. If it was I agree Jos would win it by a mile.

Hooiveld.

I'm not quite sure how someone could fail to understand the rather simple concept of voting for the player that has been our top performer throughout the season, though it would appear you've managed it.

Hooiveld.

Really ?

There was a lot of talk in close season as to whether he could make the step up, I seem to recall.

Talk about exceeds expectations, well for me Lambert has been the one who has exceeded expectations this year. Tested at a higher level for the first time and blown away all competition. He has evolved spectacularly under Adkins. Can't wait to see what influence he will have on Sharp and Lee.

Despite the fact that there will only ever be one winner of this, it really has been an astonishing year for the whole squad. In all the years I have watched Saints play I can't ever remember saying 'wow' before after watching some beautiful passing football.

People talk aboput the premiership years with fondness, but for the vast majority of the time it seemed to be a scramble to get enough points to avoid the drop, plus the odd draw or win against one of the top clubs. This time I really think its going to be different

Cork - has disappointed me. I was expecting more from him over the season. Average performance

Davis - great shot stopper and kicker but lacks the all round ability of commanding his box. Good season all the same

Hooiveld - has been a relevation and our best centre back.

Lallana - has lived up to expectations and is a class act.

Lambert - What a good all round game this season. Holds the ball up well, passes well, good vision and the number of goals puts him firmly in the front. Only blip is his lack of real pace. My player of the season

Schneiderlin - Still not living up to the skills he undoubtedly has. Does a job in midfield but not much else. Think next season, assuming Premier, might be just what he needs. I predict a fine season next.

I want to vote for Guly. Seriously! A really good player who gets undeserved abuse from the ignorant section of our fan base. He has played an important role this season with assists and goals.

In the mean time I will vote for Jos, he has also made a great impact this season.

I want to vote for Guly. Seriously! A really good player who gets undeserved abuse from the ignorant section of our fan base. He has played an important role this season with assists and goals.

In the mean time I will vote for Jos, he has also made a great impact this season.

He's scored some important goals and hasn't been as bad as half harp on about, but he's not in contention for player of the season. That's just silly.

Hooiveld.

^ This

I'm not quite sure how someone could fail to understand the rather simple concept of voting for the player that has been our top performer throughout the season, though it would appear you've managed it.

If it's that clear cut, why have a poll?

Hooiveld.

Don't understand this at all. Someone labouring in league 1 for years becomes Championship top scorer and player of the year, and you call that "meeting expectations"? Obviously nodbody oin the last 5 years or more expected it to happen, or some championship club would have bought him.....

If it's that clear cut, why have a poll?

Well as you can see, there is little point in having a poll, Lambert is going to win it by a country mile. Though you have missed my point. I was merely wondering why he chose Hooiveld because the poll isn't to find out which player exceeded expectations or surprised you the most, those are the reasons he's given for voting for Hooiveld.

Well as you can see, there is little point in having a poll, Lambert is going to win it by a country mile. Though you have missed my point. I was merely wondering why he chose Hooiveld because the poll isn't to find out which player exceeded expectations or surprised you the most, those are the reasons he's given for voting for Hooiveld.

Which is the same reason I voted for Jos.

If the selection criteria for Player of the Year is "the geezer who scores the most goals" then there's no point asking people who their PotY is.

The only reason you ask people to vote is becuase different people have different criteria for basing their opinion on. That's the point. It's either a poll about opinions or it's not. And if it's about opinions then there is no right or wrong.

Which is the same reason I voted for Jos.

If the selection criteria for Player of the Year is "the geezer who scores the most goals" then there's no point asking people who their PotY is.

The only reason you ask people to vote is becuase different people have different criteria for basing their opinion on. That's the point. It's either a poll about opinions or it's not. And if it's about opinions then there is no right or wrong.

You don't seem to understand the point I'm making. Never mind, I'll just leave it...

Don't understand this at all. Someone labouring in league 1 for years becomes Championship top scorer and player of the year, and you call that "meeting expectations"? Obviously nodbody oin the last 5 years or more expected it to happen, or some championship club would have bought him.....

So, if someone on here, say myself, expected Ricky to excel in this league then that doesn't count as meeting my expectations? Surely my opinion has to be based on my expectations, not anyone else's?