Photobucket advice needed, please.

Norm

I opened a Photobucket.com account to upload and store photos of my new born grand daughter. I found it took a long time to upload but put this down to my poor BB connection.

Good so far but going on further is where I'm starting to struggle.

1, I want to order prints from my album but it seems that it is priced in $ US. Is there a way that I can order from a UK company?

2, is it possible to download my album to a CD to give to my daughter? I have sent her the link and my password to enable her to view but it would be nice if she also could order prints.

3, I did try to download but I ended up looking at a Zip File. What do I do with it? (Sorry but my old brain struggles with this PC lark).

Is it that once I have put the photos on Photobucket, I then can't do anything other than view them on that site?

I would be grateful for any help offered.

Norm

Well, not too experienced with Photobucket.com - perhaps it's a US website and therefore that's why it's quoting the prices in $US? I'm assuming you don't have the originals now on your local PC after you uploaded them all to photobucket.com? However, it sounds like the zip file might contain what you need. Save it to a folder where you can find it through file explorer and then double click the zip file. Basically all your photos should have been compressed into one file (the ZIP file) and double clicking the ZIP file should show you all the photos again.

I'd suggest you look around at other companies (UK ones!) that do online printing.. I've used photobox.com before and they are pretty good for albums etc. But there are many companies out there that will print albums for you (you basically have to upload the photos to their website when you're ready).

Mike

Pancake, thank you for the reply! I'm happy to do as you suggest but is it easy to remove them from PB? Can I somehow copy them to a disc? How do I do that, without starting all over again and searching for the photos (which are on my pc, daughters pc, sons mobile etc). I'm very limited on how to proceed.

Mike, I'm grateful for the advice. Do I have to download each photo from the Zip file or will the 43 download if I double click? Is it possible once I've got the photos onto my PC, to then put them onto a disc?

Tried to open Zip File and been asked for a password?

Edited by Norm

So you have the files on your PC still (or your memory card from the camera?) If so, there is no need to download them from PB as you still have the originals.

If you dont have the originals (and from read the reply it seesm they arent to hand), you will have to open each photo on PB and then download it - but again honestly it will be quicker to re-assemble the original files and store them on your PC for safe keeping. When you have them all, create a DVD of them - hell, create a few as back up as these are family photos.

Edited by Pancake

Hi Norm, TS, Pancake. I too have a PB account and have various different albums of family events (and a JPT Album of course!), but was just looking at this problem. Until I saw Norms post I had never tried to download from PhotoBucket - only upload so, like Norm, family members could access it and see the pics. However, you can download the albums;

There is an option to download the albums - you have to put in one of those stupid verification code thingys which are barely legible

Once you have got past the code bit you are presented with a screen that informs you that the photos are ready to be downloaded - but will only be available for 24 hours - and that you can only do this once.

Anyway - I have just downloaded a small album (Old SWF page banner entries actually - remember that!!!) and it worked fine

Personally though - I think I would also go with Pancakes advice. If you still have the photos on your PC then try to find them and index them correctly, and make back ups. However - if you can't find them - all is not lost. Happy to help further if I can.

Pancake, Micky, thanks both for the replies.

Pancake, call me lazy but all the editing and titles I made on PB, I will have to do again. I really want to try and move them all from PB onto Flikr/CD/Dvd.

Micky, I did download them and ended with a Zip file. What do I do with it? Open it one at a time or will all photos open and be on my PC somewhere?

ps, I have just right clicked on the Zip and whoosh, all my photos are now in my docs folder.

Off to add new titles and put them onto DVD and Flikr.

Think I'm sorted but most grateful for the kind help!

Edited by Norm