KOS? 'lads holiday'

Monk

KOS, has anyone been there on holiday?

A few of my mates (students) have paid for a cheap holiday to Kos which we’ve jumped in on. Have heard it is good for the stereo typical, dingy, laddish holiday like Sofia, Bulgaria too.

We are going late July – early August so should be near prime time.

Anyone heard any good things?

I'm going to Kos end of May/early June. Although I'll be going to a nice part and drinking in trendy bars, not looking for all for can drink for a tenner deals with students. I'll let you know what it's like nonetheless.

Edited by Turkish

Fair play, is it a group hols Turkish?

Have you seen anything or much about nightlife, have heard a mix of things.

It's a group of friends, but couples. Apparantly Kos town is the best place to go for nightlife. We are staying in Kefalos, which is supposed to be pleasant and quiet but will do a few decent nights out while we are there.

Kos is getting quite a reputation as a swingers destination.

For evidence of this, see the post above re: Turkman.

It'stint my fault all my mates birds fancy me. Can't really blame then though, I am a damn fine looking, stylish chap.

We went to the resort of kardamena on Kos in 2006 for the last lads holiday. It was ok, nothing compared to Kavos or Malia regarding bars and the amount of women. The resort is tiny with only a few decent bars around a square and there are a couple of clubs away from the main area that are fairly small. We only went to complete the set of greek island resorts and we would have been better off going back to one of the other islands. Maybe it's improved since I went but if you're looking for a big resort with lots of women and bars etc, you may be disapointed.

I have been to Kos a couple of times and it is a fantastic place. The people are friendly and the beaches are lovely. I would have said it's more of a couples/family place than a lads holiday. I found kardamena to be a bit of a dump,I went in to watch Saints V Plymouth on the oppenning day of the season. There were plenty of bars and people handing out leaflets ect, but the place wasn't very big.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

• 1 month later...

Right sunshine. I'm currently sitting in the hotel internet area in Kos waiting to be picked up after a week in Kefalos. Kefalos is great, ideal for couple, great food and booze and it's cheap, can eat out with a couple of beers/bottle of wine for about 12 euros eachs. Food is top notch and a good few decent bars around as well. However it's not a lads holiday place. For this got to Kos Town or Kardamina (SP). Did a day trip to Kos Town and its decent enough, bit of history as well and a nice looking town and some good waterfront bars. Kardamina, we went through but didn't stop, it looked more of what you'd expect for a lads holiday type place lots of high rise apartments, bars and clubs etc. Kos itself is a great island, loved it here, temperatures around 28c everyday, easy to get around and cheap.

Right sunshine. I'm currently sitting in the hotel internet area in Kos waiting to be picked up after a week in Kefalos. Kefalos is great, ideal for couple, great food and booze and it's cheap, can eat out with a couple of beers/bottle of wine for about 12 euros eachs. Food is top notch and a good few decent bars around as well. However it's not a lads holiday place. For this got to Kos Town or Kardamina (SP). Did a day trip to Kos Town and its decent enough, bit of history as well and a nice looking town and some good waterfront bars. Kardamina, we went through but didn't stop, it looked more of what you'd expect for a lads holiday type place lots of high rise apartments, bars and clubs etc. Kos itself is a great island, loved it here, temperatures around 28c everyday, easy to get around and cheap.

Did you get much hairy growler?

• 4 weeks later...
Why book up and go to these Ibiza wannabes when you can actually go to Ibiza?

What's San Antonio like for a week's holiday? And would it still be decent in September time?

Thinking of giving Ibiza a try with a few other lads, we're all late-20s & early 30s rather than 18-y-os. Been to Kardamena / Las Americas / Faliraki before. Want somewhere lively which I'd imagine it would be, but is it too full of 18-y-o drugged up chavs running around to make it enjoyable?

Been to nearly all of the lad holiday destinations. All much of a muchness

You are right, most will now be about 18 year old chavs thinking they are 10 men on after a few cocktails

But, the best places I have been too are ayia napa and Ibiza

Both class, both have a great mix of ages. Both are expensive and in the case of Ibiza, absolutely price crazy