the McCanns

Thedelldays

I haven’t seen the Netflix programmes, but did think that there was other evidence along with the cadaver dogs, such as there being no evidence of a break in. Also the dogs had never failed before. Not sure why they would identify different DNA?

you are right there was no evidence of a break in, in fact the position of the pull down shutter seemed to change, along with the McCann's statements, which raised question marks. I find it strange that the apartment was left unlocked, but then again, leaving three kids so young unattended is strange too.

The dogs barking ultimately means little unless other evidence is there to support it, which it wasn't, and that was the conclusion provided by the handlers themselves. On face value it certainly seemed damning, but the failure to really understand the evidence is exactly what led to quick conclusions made by the police, who in tern fed the press, which then gave us lots of powerful headlines that swayed public opinion.

The DNA evidence was based on just a few cells and because of that it doesn't give a perfect or complete match. It becomes almost worthless when you have other McCanns with similar DNA in the same locations. I may not have understood or explained that very well, but in no way was it a 100% match to Madeline McCann as was leaked to the UK press by the Police, which when published, again swayed public opinion. The failure to really understand this evidence by the police was really poor IMO. They had made their mind up who was guilty and made the evidence fit their conclusion.

Just watched the Netflix series and also found it a bit boring. Well produced but nothing really new in it just lots of moody shots of the resort.

The dog evidence does raise a few questions but the idea that the McCanns did it then calmly went and had tapas with their doctor mates is just nonsense, especially as being on holiday without a car means they had no means of disposing of the body.

The one interesting thing in the programme was the fact that they had made a block booking of the tapas restaurant, which meant that anyone who knew that would also know that their kids were alone in their apartment at that same time each night. I wouldn’t be surprised if the abductor knew this somehow.

I can’t believe they left three young kids home alone like that, they should have got done for neglect.

Booked by Mrs Oldfield. Mr Oldfield offered (I believe for the first time all week) to check on the McCann children on the night of the disappearance and would have been the last person to see Madeleine before her disappearance. May just be a coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...

The DNA evidence was based on just a few cells and because of that it doesn't give a perfect or complete match. It becomes almost worthless when you have other McCanns with similar DNA in the same locations. I may not have understood or explained that very well, but in no way was it a 100% match to Madeline McCann as was leaked to the UK press by the Police, which when published, again swayed public opinion. The failure to really understand this evidence by the police was really poor IMO. They had made their mind up who was guilty and made the evidence fit their conclusion.

I don’t doubt what you say and agree. The main problem is that the Portuguese take a dim view of the whole sorry saga.

I don’t doubt what you say and agree. The main problem is that the Portuguese take a dim view of the whole sorry saga.