Help with Wireless netbook

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. My Nipper's netbook wont connect to the internet and it always used to. It is not the wirelss connection because other devices are ok, and the wired desk top works ok.

It shows as connected, but with limmited connectivity. It then says it cannot renew the IP address. I have googled it and gone through the start/run/config route, but still no joy. When I plug the ethernet cable directly into it, it works, but as soon as I unplug it, it goes back to not able to renew the ip address.

Has anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance.

I had same thing but it was just cos i typed in the wireless key wrong. Turns out they is all fussy bout cApiTaL leTtERS. Thing is though i was all confused for a while cos it wasn't coming up with "password wrong" or nothing it was just making out like it was sort of connected but not getting ip addresses and stuff like you said. It's a Samsung netbook thingy. Don't get one. They is sh!te!

If it was me, and if the router is the DHCP server, I'd be focussing on the router rather than the Netbook. With firewalls off until I got it fixed.

Have you tried to associate the Netbook with a different WiFi network?

I'm certainly no expert, but just a suggestion, as this was the problem for me a week or so ago:

Right click the small Wireless icon at the bottom of the screen (the one that tells you the signal strength).

Click 'view available wireless networks'.

Click 'change advance settings'.

Click the 'Wireless networks' tab and make sure that the 'use windows to configure my wireless network settings' box is TICKED.