Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game of Thrones

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsy View Post
    oh ok smirks i thought i was being dumb bear. It was very emotions tho weren't it! I'm gonna go see my mum later give her big hug! Then knife her in stomach
    Just so long she isn't pregnant. That might upset your Dad a bit.

Blog Entries

oh i have meme bout that too!

Blog Entries

!!

Biggest laugh of the week.

Last week's shocker behind us, this was a bit of an anticlimatic way to end the series. Great Arya scene though (no, not in that way)

Boobage - 0
    Sausage in a box - 1
    Last edited by LVSaint; 10-06-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Extremely anticlimactic, but then it was always going to be, unless they brought forward other big events. They'd be better off with a 13 part season covering both parts of the book, faster pace and all, but then you're left catching up with the books too quickly. Which is will anyway, unless they really drag it out.

Let's be honest, they may well take 5 years to get through the existing books at this rate. Then probably make 3 or 4 seasons out of the remaining 2 books. It's going to be a 10 season show at least, maybe more. Probably only be hardcore fans left at the end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Extremely anticlimactic, but then it was always going to be, unless they brought forward other big events. They'd be better off with a 13 part season covering both parts of the book, faster pace and all, but then you're left catching up with the books too quickly. Which is will anyway, unless they really drag it out.

Let's be honest, they may well take 5 years to get through the existing books at this rate. Then probably make 3 or 4 seasons out of the remaining 2 books. It's going to be a 10 season show at least, maybe more. Probably only be hardcore fans left at the end.
    I believe that George R R Martin has filled in the producers of the key plot points going forward, that way the series can overtake the books if required. I doubt this will last 10 seasons, the core cast would probably not last the pace with it anyway.

never seen a single minute of the programme.
    starting tonight as have down loaded seasons 1+2.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
    I believe that George R R Martin has filled in the producers of the key plot points going forward, that way the series can overtake the books if required. I doubt this will last 10 seasons, the core cast would probably not last the pace with it anyway.
    I believe they have already said how many seasons they want. Can't remember the number but it was less than ten.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'd skip the first couple episodes yo, if I remember correctly they was slow+boring!

No way bear! In the first episode the fit dragon blonde bird does a full frontal, then by ep 2 she is getting done doggy style by the big hairy horse guy. The series went downhill a bit after this early peak. There is also the great line when dragon bloke says to fit sister that he would let the whole of the hairy horseman's army do her up the arse if it meant he could be king again. This was the best lols moment of the whole program.

Blog Entries

brett from camden don't want to see things like that tokyos! Best to start at ep 3 brett.

I remember when this website was all fields

Quote Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I believe they have already said how many seasons they want. Can't remember the number but it was less than ten.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s15...how-execs.html

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s15...-too-long.html
    Last edited by RonManager; 10-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.

I've just hammered through the whole lot over the last 4 weeks. I managed to steer clear of this thread and other spoilers (I haven't read the books). Once I'd caught up I went onto the official HBO website which helped clarify the family relationships and where everywhere is. I didn't have too much trouble keeping up, mainly because, as I said, I've 'blitzed it'. If I'd have had to wait a week between episodes I'd have struggled.

Thouroughly enjoyed it so far but please don't drag it out until it disappears up it's own arse lke Lost and Heroes etc etc.

Blog Entries

Bit of info for the nerds.

Anyone who has Civilization V + Gods and Kings on PC (Mac too, probs) can enjoy a Mod Of Ice and Fire.

The modders have pulled in imagery from the show and created three maps of the SOIAF/GoT universe. It doesn't move at the pace of the regular Civ, and the Tully's kicked my Stark arse last night, but it's quite diverting, and free if you have the prerequisites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LVSaint View Post
    Sausage in a box - 1
    lol i thought u was doing an euphamism for boning! i was cross legged with sympathies yo!

lol i thought u was doing an euphamism for boning! i was cross legged with sympathies yo!

That's more like a direwolf sausage, had he been eating a regular old banger or chipolata, would have been more plausible.

Blog Entries

When you play the Game of Thrones, you either win or you die. There's no middle ground.

I managed to catch the last two episodes of this season last night. Very impressive, even though I had a good idea of what was coming. The scene at the Twins was utterly brutal. I remembered it from reading the books, but damn, they nailed it. I'd actually forgotten how close Arya got to being reunited with her family.

Don't know why long-term fans are moaning about the finale. Same pattern every year; all the big stuff goes into the penultimate episode, with a bit of reflection in the finale. Frankly, I don't know if I could have coped with another Red Wedding.

Big thumbs up to the show-runners this year. They had great material to work with, but damn, they could have messed this up royally. I was personally surprised to see them recreate Dany's slow crawl over Slaver's Bay; wasn't sure if they'd want to show all of it, but it seems like they're not skipping any of the slave cities. Good for them.

One of my two fave shows on TV at the moment.

I actually really enjoyed the final episode, it set things up nicely for the next season. Loved the Small Council scene. There are some actors in this who are simply brilliant: Tywin, Tyrion, Varys, love the scenes with them but I don't like Littlefinger, he gets on my t*ts.

I've just started reading book 4 and once again new characters are introduced.

have now seen all 3 seasons.

brilliant stuff

have now seen all 3 seasons.

brilliant stuff
    You watched all those episodes in 3 days?

INTENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by RonManager View Post
    You watched all those episodes in 3 days?

INTENSE.
    What can I say. Got hooked

Just read that they hope to go for a full 8 seasons on this...!!!!

5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth

They seem to have trouble holding onto actors don't they? A new actor playing Daario already and the third actor to play the Mountain.

Nice to see Mark Gatiss in there too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    They seem to have trouble holding onto actors don't they? A new actor playing Daario already and the third actor to play the Mountain.

Nice to see Mark Gatiss in there too.
    I expect a few of the actors know how long they're in the story and try their luck

Blog Entries

I've just finished playing first episode of the Game of Thrones Telltale game. It's very good, focusing on House Forrester, bannermen of the Starks, in the aftermath of a major Game of Thrones event. You switch between characters associated with the house, trying to navigate them out of an uncertain future after Bolton takes the North. One starts out at the Frey's place, another is a sister serving as a handmaiden to Margaery in Kings Landing, while the third viewpoint character is a newly anointed boy lord.

It really is excellent. I've been a fan of their other stuff for a while now. There is no way to avert the outcome of this episode, but damn, they really nail Game of Thrones' tone and capacity to shock throughout. Don't play it if you haven't seen up to the end of season 3 in the show. Other than that, go get harassed in Westeros. It's not always fun, but that's why it's so authentic.

BUMP !!!!!

So, now that series 8 has rushed headlong to it's conclusion, I am left wondering if Bran, as the 3 eyed raven, knew all along how things would turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    BUMP !!!!!

So, now that series 8 has rushed headlong to it's conclusion, I am left wondering if Bran, as the 3 eyed raven, knew all along how things would turn out.
    Seems likely. When Tyrion asked him if he would accept the crown if offered, his reply was "Why do you think I came all this way?".

I'm still just a little confused about where he 'went' during the battle with the Night King's army. This was never explained and it seems like it's quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Seems likely. When Tyrion asked him if he would accept the crown if offered, his reply was "Why do you think I came all this way?".

I'm still just a little confused about where he 'went' during the battle with the Night King's army. This was never explained and it seems like it's quite important.
    Bran knew and endorsed Drogon to let loose on King's Landing. City needed a refit anyway, less stairs, more ramps. Flatter.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Yeah that bit annoyed me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LVSaint View Post
    Bran knew and endorsed Drogon to let loose on King's Landing. City needed a refit anyway, less stairs, more ramps. Flatter.
    Surely the Disability Discrimination Act doesn't extend to Westeros.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

He warged into a crow and flew off to check on the movements of the Night King. Don't forget that it was all set up so that the Night King would be drawn to kill Bran and that Arya would use he stealthy assassin skills to off him. As Bran said, everyone was where they needed to be (Jon was keeping the zombie dragon busy outside of the Godswood etc).

I think.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

BUMP !!!!!

He could see the past but not sure if he could see into the future. Seems like he picked up insights into what could happen and used his knowledge to try and shape the future. If that makes sense?

BUMP !!!!!

rushed
    Benioff and Weiss rushing to finish GoT for some silly Star Wars trilogy. I'm looking forward RR Martin's Winds of Winter.

35. Default

I took it he just 'went' for a kip safe in the knowledge he knew exactly how things were going to pan out. No point watching all those people die.

Funnily enough a lot of the people who have posted on this thread I assumed were virgins. After seeing them on this thread now I know they are. Grown men addicted to a programme where dragons can fly across the screen at any moment is of course perfectly normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Funnily enough a lot of the people who have posted on this thread I assumed were virgins. After seeing them on this thread now I know they are. Grown men addicted to a programme where dragons can fly across the screen at any moment is of course perfectly normal.
    Top post.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    As my wife points out with her nickname for the show - Tits and Blood.