Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Default Game of Thrones

Clearly deserves its own thread.

Who enjoyed the finale this week then? Yes, potential spoilers ahead probably.

Tough to follow the penultimate episode which was the best one they've made IMO.

I hadn't read the books and started from book 3 having watched the show. There are differences but I've found I can get by just fine, and am loving the book at just past half way. No doubt will have read them all by the time Season 3 hits our screens. Question is, will Martin finish writing the saga before HBO catch up?! He's working with them so that leaves even less time for it. I really hope he doesn't die anytime soon!

Yeah love G.O.T, Great TV. Loved the finale with the dragons first fire breath and the zombie army at the end.. Think I will be investing in the books as well to tie me over until next march

5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth

Was that the finale then? Didn't realise that. The penultimate episode was good but it made me laugh too. They kept talking about their army of many thousands, but clearly didn't have the budget for extras on that grand a scale, so when they attacked the city walls there were clearly only about twenty of them. It all looked a little bit sparse. Overlooking that it's been a very good series. Peter Dinklage is certainly the star so far, wouldn't even have guessed he was American. He's the character you find yourself wanting to come out of it best.

Agree that the siege of 'Dubrovnik' didn't come across as impressive as it could have been...but then again, it didn't have a LOTR budget!
    Great last two episodes though. I hope that the third series lives up to it.
    Need to catch up on season 1 now, which I missed.

Finally got to see GOT Season 1 over the Xmas break whilst also reading the book. Great TV, unfortunately I have to wait until March to see season 2 and of course season 3.

Got the full set of the books for XMAS, and also finished season 1 on video.

Sky are showing GOT Season 2 starting next Monday @ 11pm on Sky Atlantic. Then Season 3 starts at the end of March. Can't wait.

Sitting in shock at what has happened to our club this past 9 months

OK so just watched the start of S3 on catch up.

Set up a lot of the new series as far as I could tell.

We had a tourist staying who had never heard of it (German) and had never seen any of it. At the end her comment? I had no idea what was going on, but wow, that is a TV series? But the filming & acting and scenery it's just amazing.

Oh and for Bearsy yeah we got Bewbs pretty early on.

Great to be back amongst old friends and BOY Peter Dinklage comes out of Episode 1 angry. THAT won't end well.

*like*

I've read all of the books since the first two series, which naturally means I'm going to be very disappointed with the TV series from now on.

What I don't get is that they apparently insist on making each series equivalent to one of the books, but they're worried that one series a year and one book every three to four years means they might catch up with the books too quickly. At the same time, they're having to chop out loads of stuff to make it fit into ten episodes. Why don't they do more of the stuff in the books and make it last longer, get a few more seasons out of the franchise, keep the fans happy and slow down the pace to let Martin write some more?

It's going to be interesting to see how they introduce Ramsey Snow, seeing as he needs to appear soon, but his proper introduction, which also introduces the important Reek character, was missed out ages ago.

I assume that the wedding is coming in this season too.

Blog Entries

Keep the faith, norwaysaint. I think you'll end up with largely the same story, just a different way of getting there.

FWIW, I thought the changes to the S2 series made a load of sense, although they did bugger up the whole Daenerys bit a little.

I can't help feeling that the show needs to do less world-spanning ensemble pieces and more episodes that hang around in one or two parts of the world. It's one of the reasons the books work so well; every chapter is simply titled after the character it focuses on, each self-contained stories. The show jumps location so much that I can't help feeling I'm being drip-fed little bits of story just so I can see the wider whole.

Fortunately, this notion's not lost on the showrunners. It's almost no surprise that one of the most celebrated episodes of season 2 is the one that was set entirely in King's Landing. Given what's coming this year, I can see them falling back on that trick again.

Blog Entries

It's taken two months from first watching to catching up. Yet i'm hooked.

Having not read the books I simply have the shows to go on and I utterly adore them. I just fear that it's so slow burning that the true conclusion will never be witnessed on screen, that the show will be cancelled before it concludes and the author's ideas are published. I hope it's massive popularity prevails.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_phil View Post
    BOY Peter Dinklage comes out of Episode 1 angry. THAT won't end well.
    Oh I've seen that before yo!

Who is having their boobs out? Anyone we know or new characters?

Little bit dull this week, the result of having to contrive people's movements and meetings after quite a few changes to the books, to get them all into the right places and the right company. Mind you even the books could get a bit dull while people found their ways to where they needed to be. I'd imagine it was a tough episode for anyone who doesn't know the books. Brotherhood without banners, Bolton's bastard and the Reeds all appear with little intro.

I read the third book whilst on holiday, some really surprising twists towards the end. The TV series does suffer a little having read the books but I suppose this is inevitable. I can't stop reading the books now I've started.

Quote Originally Posted by iansums View Post
    I read the third book whilst on holiday, some really surprising twists towards the end. The TV series does suffer a little having read the books but I suppose this is inevitable. I can't stop reading the books now I've started.
    Found the books very hard going got halfway through book 2 and gave up. Love the TV series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsy View Post
    Oh I've seen that before yo!

Who is having their boobs out? Anyone we know or new characters?
    Do you think this kind of thing has ever happened to Cortese? Puncheon seems pretty dumb, maybe this is what the falling out was over.

Blog Entries

i shouldn't be at all surprised yo!

I've watched first 2 episodes of new series & am disappointed by lack of boobs. I did elsewhere on internets see photo of the giantess woman with her vag out tho so u should probably googles that.

When the credits is rolling all i hear is:

Sitting in shock at what has happened to our club this past 9 months

Right, had a bit of a technical disaster with my OSN + box failing to record stuff.

So now just started catching up.

I can see why Bearsy was meh'd by the end of Episode 2 all that scene shifting/setting.

Episode 3 crikey was that episode directed by Comedy Central? It actually had a few good jokes in it. And an AWFUL lot of Bewbs for a change (walk through Little Finger's whore house so nobody we know)

Episode 4 well, I have to say it really is getting better and deeper every week.

Blog Entries

I'm not entirely up to date, but as a book reader, I have to register my approval for the depiction of Daenerys and her Unsullied. I really thought they'd bugger it up, but damn it looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I'm not entirely up to date, but as a book reader, I have to register my approval for the depiction of Daenerys and her Unsullied. I really thought they'd bugger it up, but damn it looked awesome.
    The Unsullied combined with the Dragons are going to be some serious mother f***ers.

Episode 6 was mostly quite dull, also sadly for those watching for nudity, one of the regular tits-out characters (not in the book) gets killed quite unpleasantly. They're doing Theon's bits quite well I think, despite straying from the books there too, "boy" is turning out to be superb, delivering a nice line about the unlikelihood of happy endings. Lots of really dull Jon Snow bits this week.

They seem to be using Gendry in place of Edric from the books too.

Basically no tits and no fighting this week.

Blog Entries

totally they is forgetting their core audience! Like this week (spoilers yo!) there was a thing where joffrey tortured prostitute to death and shot her up with arrows and it happened off screen!!!!

if it weren't for the tantalising prospect of the dwarf fucking sansa i don't think i'd bother watching no more!

Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    Episode 6 was mostly quite dull, also sadly for those watching for nudity, one of the regular tits-out characters (not in the book) gets killed quite unpleasantly. They're doing Theon's bits quite well I think, despite straying from the books there too, "boy" is turning out to be superb, delivering a nice line about the unlikelihood of happy endings. Lots of really dull Jon Snow bits this week.

Hey Norway no spoilers thankyou until after monday night as most of us will see it tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post

Wah wah. They spent the episode building up characters and plot :'(

I rather liked this week's episode. It sets up a lot of very interesting stuff, plus gives us some much needed downtime with many of our characters. The scene shared by Diana Rigg and Charles Dance was a pleasure to watch. They've both nailed their characters, and the show pulled a very smart move in widening Tywin's involvement from Series 2 onwards. The casting department on that show needs to take a bow in general. Extremely tricky cast to put together, what with the child actors, etc -but they nail it. Paul Kaye put in a good shift in a character moment in this episode.

Some definite diversions going on from the books now, but it all makes sense. Most of the changes just involve fusing some characters together. One of the most frequent complaints about the book is that by the later stages, the number of people involved in point-of-view chapters is massive. Makes a lot of sense to avoid that in the show, a format even less able to carry it. There is also a meeting that takes place in this episode which I don't think happens in the books; the reader isn't even aware that these people know each other. Don't want to spoil too much, but it involves Melisandre.

Blog Entries

hi pap! i agree they is setting up some v.interesting stuff bout the midget fucking sansa! The scene where she is crying cos of when she finds out what's coming was especially sweet! Is there any infos in the book bout how they is gonna do it? I'm thinking she ain't keen cos of forced marriage so i want Lord Tywins + Joffrey to be holding her down.

also is there any news in book why little finger is called little finger? Is it something to do with his knob?

Blog Entries

hi pap! i agree they is setting up some v.interesting stuff bout the midget fucking sansa! The scene where she is crying cos of when she finds out what's coming was especially sweet! Is there any infos in the book bout how they is gonna do it? I'm thinking she ain't keen cos of forced marriage so i want Lord Tywins + Joffrey to be holding her down.

also is there any news in book why little finger is called little finger? Is it something to do with his knob?
    There isn't usually a wasted wedding, or indeed proposal in Game of Thrones. All of them have implications and affect the plot in big ways. I seem to remember the Tyrion of the books not being particularly into Sansa, although that's more to do with Tyrion's lingering sense of honour and shame. No matter what else he is, he's usually not unkind to women. He realises that the engagement is deeply embarrassing for Sansa, and does his normal thing of not being a total Lannister ( e.g. not a c**t ). Spoilers ahoy, but in the books at least, there is no Tywin and Joffrey holding her down rape scene.

Littlefinger's name derives from his land and properties. His grandfather was a Braavosi, his dad was a hedge knight who ended up getting awarded a few acres of land on the smallest of the Fingers, a rocky island chain. Hence the name Littlefinger.

There isn't usually a wasted wedding, or indeed proposal in Game of Thrones. All of them have implications and affect the plot in big ways. I seem to remember the Tyrion of the books not being particularly into Sansa, although that's more to do with Tyrion's lingering sense of honour and shame. No matter what else he is, he's usually not unkind to women. He realises that the engagement is deeply embarrassing for Sansa, and does his normal thing of not being a total Lannister ( e.g. not a c**t ). Spoilers ahoy, but in the books at least, there is no Tywin and Joffrey holding her down rape scene.

Littlefinger's name derives from his land and properties. His grandfather was a Braavosi, his dad was a hedge knight who ended up getting awarded a few acres of land on the smallest of the Fingers, a rocky island chain. Hence the name Littlefinger.
    Geek

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMikey View Post
    Geek
    King Geek to you, peasant.

King Geek to you, peasant.
    Please accept my apologies, m'lud.

totally they is forgetting their core audience! Like this week (spoilers yo!) there was a thing where joffrey tortured prostitute to death and shot her up with arrows and it happened off screen!!!!

if it weren't for the tantalising prospect of the dwarf fucking sansa i don't think i'd bother watching no more!
    hahaha yeah Joffery's savagery as a result of his inbreeding probably explains chav's.

Blog Entries

I didnt actually get the whole Joffery and Ros scene, what it actually brought to the series either. We all know Littlefinger and Joff are c*nts.

The Loras storyline will be interesting, and the Gendry 'storm' storyline, at first I wondered WTF Mellisandre was doing there but I can see the relevance.

Looking forward a little to the RW, but also not....

Blog Entries

i've seen every episode of game of bones smirking but i don't understand hardly any of that post. I think it's the names yo, i mostly think of characters as i.e. The Blonde One With The Tits or The Redhead One Who Farts Gas People Out Her Vag

Littlefingers i know, i call him The One Who Talks Like Batman

Blog Entries

Mellisandre - red woman who farts ninjas

Ros - big titted prossie, now got a crossbow up her vag

Loras - blonde haired knight, loves the c@ck

Gendry - Wanted to be bukkaked by the brotherhood, but got taken by gas ninja lady

Blog Entries

ok tks! Ros was the pro, i was sorry to see her die cos of boobs but not to harp on or nothing but the fact she was tortured to death in joffreys sex chamber bothered me less than the fact it happened OFF SCREEN!!! I'm thinking of writing long letter of complaints. We was also actually denied now i think about it the scene with midget telling sansa that she was gonna be sexed by him rather than gay prince. I was looking forward to her reaction! Plus telling her in front of his actual gf was lols, but it just seemed to cut away to bitch crying. I find these errors v.unsatisfactory!

I was also v.concerned with joffreys markmanships. The arrows seemed distributed in a v.haphazard fashion! Possibly the fancy new crossbow he was demonstrating in previous episode is on blink? He should have statutory 12 month warranty tho i would of thought.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

i just made that myself! I think we can all agree is v.quality!

I bet she has had more *****s at one time than that, but I think I understand where the expression more *****s than a 2nd hand dart board has come from.

Can I just say I hate Robb Starks mum and would quite happily murder her myself the interfering old bag.

Who I like:
    Tyrion
    His dad
    Jamie
    Little Finger
    Varys
    Any Dothraki
    Bronn

Hate:
    Any of the good guys especially if they have stark in their name.
    Direwolves, not impressed, slightly bigger malmuts.
    The tall lesbo
    The lady in red and I dont mean Kelly LeBrock

Need to see more off:
    Dragons ****ing up people
    Ninja's of any sort including that bad ass mercenary army
    White walkers
    Joffery getting ****ed by a rolling pin sideways.

Thanks to some research I found a vid from Bearsy's hairdressing salon where he can discuss with his clients Game of Thrones when he isn't on here.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ca4...-4?rel=by_user
    Last edited by Convict Colony; 07-05-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: keep trying to embed video

Blog Entries

this picture of cast made me lol! Check John Snow!

Blog Entries

this picture of cast made me lol! Check John Snow!

All I see is the top of his head......

Incidentally, Brienne doesn't scrub up too badly....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
    All I see is the top of his head......

Incidentally, Brienne doesn't scrub up too badly....

She looks like she has a semi on TBF

Quote Originally Posted by Smirking_Saint View Post
    She looks like she has a semi on TBF
    Something Greyon is not going to have ewwww

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcjwills View Post
    At least he had one last threesome, ish....

Blog Entries

This one is for pap yo!

Blog Entries

latest episode is worth checking out yo cos they finally cast an actual bear to rape people to death!

edit: spoilers yo!

Blog Entries

I did read the f*cking books, and they were better

Blog Entries

hahaha oh that's unlucky smirking! I would be proper mad if i'd gone to trouble + inconvenience of reading actual book only to find i could have just watched tv show! Lesson learnt eh!

Blog Entries

hahaha oh that's unlucky smirking! I would be proper mad if i'd gone to trouble + inconvenience of reading actual book only to find i could have just watched tv show! Lesson learnt eh!
    Exactly bear, and now I am ****ed off as I have watched the TV show and wasted all that time when I could have just read the spoilers on here !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcjwills View Post
    Yup, that boy is a right bastard....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smirking_Saint View Post
    Yup, that boy is a right bastard....
    Greyjon was a nob, though. George RR Martin never quite forgiven him!